Senior Software Engineer2020 - 2020InterJoin Ltd
Technologies: Vercel, MongoDB, Koa, Node.js, TypeScript, Next.js, Redux, React
- Worked for InterJoin, a startup in the seed phase building an online platform for connecting people interested in exchanging knowledge and services.
- Rapidly built the MVP prototype from scratch, based on the Zeplin designs.
- Developed a single-page application in React using Next.js framework, partially rendered statically and server-side for the SEO optimization.
- Constructed a Node.js back end in TypeScript for the app above, using MongoDB as a database.
- Integrated a few open APIs for mocking parts of the profile, e.g., photo to satisfy MVP concept in the given limited time.
- Created continuous deployment pipelines using Vercel.
Lead Software Engineer2020 - 2020COMATCH
Technologies: AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Jest, Koa, Node.js, TypeScript
- Worked for COMATCH: an online marketplace that connects companies of all sizes with independent business consultants and industry experts registered in their network for project-based work.
- Built a microservice using TypeScript, which extracts and analyzes text from CVs in PDF format exported from LinkedIn and converts them to machine-readable JSON.
- Established continuous integration processes using Circle CI.
- Configured the deployment using AWS API Gateway and API Lambda.
- Led a small team of two developers.
Senior Software Engineer2019 - 2020Zalando Lounge
- Worked for Zalando Lounge which offers discounted fashion and lifestyle products to customers in 17 European markets.
- Worked on a Salesforce integration as well as a content management application for ordering content from agencies.
- Developed various tools supporting marketing activities and data analytics for the marketing tech department.
- Built a single-page application in React with the Node.js, TypeScript, PostgreSQL back end, which was meant to be used to optimize the process of managing orders for content (product description, landing pages, SEO content) from external agencies.
- Integrated with the agencies third-party APIs and exposed my own API working as a webhook to receive process notifications from the agencies.
- Built a service for downloading on a daily schedule analytical data from Apple App Store Connect, converting to CSV and exposing it to the data analytics team in the S3 bucket.
- Developed mass marketing emails using the Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Handled the deployments and infrastructure management in AWS with Kubernetes.
Senior Software Engineer2019 - 2019Daimler FleetBoard
Technologies: Azure DevOps, Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, TypeORM, PostgreSQL, Koa, Node.js, TypeScript, RxJS, NgRx, Angular
- Worked on a platform for tracking geo-position and truck-trailer coupling status using a mobile app and physical sensors combined with data science algorithms for Daimler FleetBoard which develops tailored, digital solutions in order to optimize logistics processes.
- Built a Node.js back end collecting data from various sources (mobile app, soap listener, Azure Event Hub), persisting it to PostgreSQL database and forwarding to a data science platform.
- Developed a single-page application in Angular 8 displaying geo-positional data and coupling status over the HERE Maps view.
- Handled the deployments and infrastructure management in Azure DevOps and Azure with Kubernetes.
Front-end Lead2018 - 2019Koerber Digital
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Sentry, CircleCI, Azure, Enzyme, Mocha, Jest, Node.js, D3.js, Redux, React
- Worked for Körber Digital: a spin-off from Körber AG, focused on delivering IoT based analytics for advance production lines in multiple industries.
- Led a team of four front-end engineers.
- Built single-page applications in React that displayed analytical data for a production line and enabled operators to send feedback for machine speed loses.
- Managed deployments and infrastructure in CircleCI and AWS or Azure.
- Hired new team members (front-end, back-end, QA).
Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2018GoEuro
Technologies: Sentry, Kibana, Kubernetes, Docker, GIS, MongoDB, Protobuf, Node.js, React
- Worked as part of the fast integrations department for GoEuro: a travel metasearch engine that allows users to compare the price and journey time of air, rail and bus travel options in a single search.
- Built end-to-end services offered to micro providers (small bus companies) covering search, routing, booking, ticket generation, and sales reporting.
- Developed back-end services in Node.js including searches, routing, and booking implemented in the microservice architecture deployed to Google Cloud Platform using Kubernetes.
- Implemented a PDF ticket-printing service as a server-side React app in Node.js.
- Managed deployments and infrastructure in Kubernetes.
Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2017SatoshiPay
Technologies: Cryptocurrency, IOTA, Stellar SDK, Bitcoin, Docker Cloud, Docker, Sinon.JS, Chai, Mocha, Karma, MongoDB, Node.js, Redux, React
- Built a drop-in web widget serving as a payment and content management client using React and Redux.
- Migrated from Bitcoin to alternative cryptocurrency providers.
- Implemented new cryptocurrency payment services.
Product Owner2016 - 2017TravelMind, Inc.
- Researched and designed a prototype of a next-generation travel management mobile app providing seamless booking and time organization experience with a slick-and-simple user interface. The prototype's next-generation version is owned by the client who is now looking for an investor.
Senior Software Engineer2016 - 2017Zalando
Technologies: Zeplin, Java, JSP, Less, CSS3, HTML5, Sinon.JS, Enzyme, Chai, Mocha, Webpack, React
- Developed the shop, Zalando's main front-end application used by all customers; among its many applications and services.
- Built a components library (React) used across the whole company to quickly develop new features and maintain consistent UX/UI.
- Applied refreshed UI designs for main parts of the Shop application.
Senior Software Engineer2016 - 2016SwapDoq
Technologies: SCSS, HTML5, React
- Built from scratch a prototype of a mobile-web application based on React for sharing content rich (photos, videos, 3D objects, animations) marketing brochures.
Senior Product Owner2015 - 2016Smartlaw by Wolters Kluwer
Technologies: Moqups, InVision, Jira
- Developed new product ideas to increase the user base.
- Refactored an existing functionality to increase conversion.
- Implemented a notification system to bring people back to the site more often.
- Redesigned and improved interactions for a better user experience and increased satisfaction.
- Managed the backlog and prioritized features and bug fixes.
Senior Front-end Software Engineer2015 - 2015Smava GmbH
- Developed a front-end application using Backbone.js.
- Refactored existing code to achieve greater readability, testability, and improved performance.
- Converted parts of the site to support responsive-design.
- Solved compatibility issues between browsers and platforms.
- Fixed bugs.
Product Owner | Technical Lead2012 - 2015Izumi (at HERE)
- Worked for Izumi, an internal, crowdsourcing localization tool used by the HERE product family. It moved the localization process into the continuous delivery world and shortened translation cycles from three weeks to a few minutes.
- Defined the scope of the product and the technical architecture.
- Managed a small development team in Berlin, Germany and Atlanta, USA.
- Introduced crowd-sourced localization to the company.
- Changed the localization process from a highly manual job to a fully automated process.
- Shortened localization cycles from a few weeks to a few minutes.
Product Owner | Technical Lead2011 - 2012Dashboard (at HERE)
- Developed the analytics dashboard displaying major KPIs for a variety of Nokia products and services.
- Worked on product definition, design, and development.
- Led the development and delivery team.
- Increased significantly team engagement due to my awareness of product KPIs and this improved work results.
Senior Development Manager2009 - 2012HERE (a Nokia business)
- Significantly improved front-end performance (initial web page loading time went from 30 seconds to less than six seconds).
- Improved cross-team cooperation by implementing continuous integration processes and running weekly tech talks, where developers could freely exchange knowledge.
- Improved the build system and overall release process which shortened the time from development to release by deploying to production at the end of each sprint (three weeks instead of every few months).
- Designed and implemented SEO strategy which led to increased presence in Google (from a couple thousand pages being indexed to a couple of millions).
- Mentored the web front-end development team (28 developers).
- Oversaw the overall Nokia Maps architecture for the web.
- Led the integration with other Nokia services.
- Worked on new product development and ideas with business owners and the UX team.
Development Manager2007 - 2009Where Are You Now? Ltd
- Hired and managed the development team (12 developers and three testers) which helped build the Polish branch office's unique friendly atmosphere.
- Managed the workflow to maintain a dynamic development process which secured quick growth of the website.
- Authored most of the website core back-end mechanisms and was an expert in database optimization.
- Led the development process as well as writing the most crucial part of the system.
Director of Research and Development2007 - 2009Where Are You Now? Ltd
- Solved the crucial performance issues of the website by clustering the back-end database.
- Improved the core template processing mechanism, which sped-up the development process.
- Prepared the website for a multilingual interface.
- Redesigned the website interface which was warmly welcomed by company members and the industry; this also resulted in significant traffic growth.
- Hired and led the development team (16 developers and seven testers) and the R&D team (2 application architects and three graphic designers).
- Mentored and helped individuals to achieve their goals.
- Worked with partners on various product integrations (global sim card, geo-location service, white labeling, branded credit cards, hotel/restaurant booking, and others).
Owner | Network Administrator2002 - 2007HYPODE Networks
Technologies: RHEL, Linux, Apache, BIND9, BIND 9, Postfix, LDAP
- Built and managed a local computer network infrastructure that provided over 50 clients with internet access and services like e-mail accounts and personal website hosting.
Senior Software Engineer | Team Leader2005 - 2006Mole Resourcing Ltd
- Developed the first version of the website based on the spec received from business owners.
- Built and managed the team of 3 developers and 1 graphic designer.
- Managed the deployments and testing.
Senior Software Engineer2004 - 2006Where Are You Now? Ltd
- Was hired as one of the first two developers and was a co-author of the core website mechanisms.
- Built the “invitation via contact import” mechanism, which allowed the website to grow from 45,000 members initially to over 1.5 million members 6 months later and maintain that growth until today.
Senior Software Engineer2000 - 2005Heuthes Sp. z o.o.
- Prepared technical documentation in Polish and English for the web-based banking products developed by the company: Filia@Web and Virtual Info Banking.
Teacher2003 - 2004Maius College
- Gave lectures and led laboratory classes on the subject of databases.
- Taught relational databases and SQL language based on PostgreSQL database system.
Teacher2000 - 2004Szczecin University of Technology
- Used the modern RDBM system for teaching the SQL language; it required organizing a dedicated server running PostgreSQL for the students’ databases.
- Organized and led a group of students interested in software development; they participated in a contest for the best application written in Java for Nokia Communicator 92xx platform organized by Borland Poland (there was no winner due to the low number of participants).
- Taught a first-year Computer Science studies (BSc) students before finishing my own studies (MSc).
Software Engineer2001 - 2002Visuell Kommunikation AB
Technologies: CSS, HTML, dBASE, Delphi
- Developed version 2.0 of the application in cooperation with the product manager from Sweden.
- Implemented testing and bug fixing.
Blogger1998 - 2001Delphi in Questions & Answers
- Fostered and maintained the biggest (at that time) Polish website about Borland Delphi as the creator and main contributor.
- Worked as the animator of the community associated with Delphi and internet newsgroups.