Founder2015 - PRESENTAbsent Software
Technologies: Angular, TypeScript, Vue.js, React, Redux, ClojureScript, Elm, Webpack, Ruby on Rails
- Helped clients build and launch their web apps.
- Creating a SaaS information manager using Angular, TypeScript, Angular-Material and Akita.
- Implemented features for a WebRTC app using React.
- Developed the client's apps to be SEO-friendly using Isomorphic React, React Router, and Webpack.
- Explored Electron and Redux to turn web apps into desktop apps.
- Worked and developed with Ruby on Rails from concept to implementation.
- Incorporated data-driven technologies such as GraphQL, React-Apollo, and AWS AppSync.
- Explored new languages like ClojureScript, Elm, and ReasonML.
Principal Front-end Engineer2017 - 2018Stronghold.co
Technologies: React, Redux, Redux-saga, Immutable.js
- Created the front-end architecture for a cryptocurrency trading platform; starting from mockups all the way to production.
- Tied together various React-ecosystem libraries including Redux, Redux-saga, and React-Router.
- Implemented a real-time crypto-currency conversion service based on current conversion tables.
- Developed a wallet feature including the ability to send and receive various cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin, Lumens, and Ethereum.
- Implemented Google Authenticator in the front-end.
Senior Front-end Engineer2013 - 2014Alere, Inc.
Technologies: CoffeeScript, React, Backbone.Marionette, Grunt, Mocha.js
- Worked daily in CoffeeScript, Handlebars, and Backbone.Marionette; implemented features from design with an Agile team.
- Built new features with React and Delorean.js (Flux).
- Converted over 150 files and 10,000 lines into Require.js AMD modules.
- Performed unit testing with Mocha, Chai, and Sinon.js.
- Refactored Backbone Views to Marionette.
- Created SVG Immunization bar graphs.
- Implemented over 1,100 commits in 2013, and worked on feature development, bug fixes, and re-architecture.
- Worked in Node.js creating Grunt tasks and Express.js middleware.
- Helped hire and onboard new web development team members.
Co-founder2010 - 2014OrgNote.com
Technologies: Express.js, Backbone.js, Neo4J, MongoDB, React, Ember, AngularJS, Python, Django
- Worked with new declarative frameworks: Vue.js, Ractive.js, and React.
- Gained experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, CouchDB, Redis, and Neo4j.
- Worked with Grunt, Gulp, and continuous deployment.
- Performed new refactorings in Django/Python.
Software Engineer2012 - 2013Carbonite, Inc.
- Worked as a member of Carbonite's Currents Agile team using Scrum.
- Utilized Backbone.js models to interact with a RESTful API.
- Advocated and used Knockout.js as a front-end web framework.
- Used CSS, Sass, Compass, and Susy for maintainable stylesheets and responsive web design.
- Worked occasionally on Mono C# .NET debugging with Eclipse.
Consultant2008 - 2011Stratechi Partners
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, Apache, Debian, CentOS, Ubuntu, jQuery, HTML, CSS
- Coded and launched various PHP web apps including article submitters, business rewards, and survey sites.
- Worked with LAMP stack, Linux (Debian, CentOS, Ubuntu) Apache, MySQL, and PHP.
- Created custom WordPress themes and worked with Drupal.
- Implemented the redesigns of existing sites; improving navigation and usability.
- Worked in Python CherryPy (a web framework) and IronPython.net for a desktop app.
Web Developer2006 - 2007Chitika, Inc.
Technologies: PHP, PhpNuke, jQuery, HTML, CSS, WordPress
- Designed and developed the first MySpace ad unit, Chitika Owna—which is a jQuery UI-focused ad.
- Developed the new user interface for members to customize the design of ad units; built it with PHP and jQuery.
- Worked with outsourced designers to build customized WordPress templates launching the company blog.
- Developed a word-match app using Macromedia Flex framework for a contest.
Founder2001 - 2004HiveLife.com
- Launched an online social network for users to express themselves.
- Utilized LAMP technologies such as Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP for the back end and HTML, CSS, and jQuery for the front end.