- FounderAbsent Software2015 - PRESENT
Technologies: React.js, Redux, React-Router, Vue.js, Webpack, Ruby on Rails
- Helped clients build and launch their web apps.
- Implemented features for a WebRTC app using React.js.
- Made the client's apps SEO-friendly using Isomorphic React, React-Router, and Webpack.
- Explored Electron and Redux to turn web apps into desktop apps.
- Worked and developed with Ruby on Rails from concept to implementation.
- Senior Front-End EngineerAlere, Inc.2013 - 2014
Technologies: CoffeeScript, React.js, Backbone.Marionette, Grunt, Mocha.js
- Worked daily in CoffeeScript, Handlebars, and Backbone.Marionette; implemented features from design with an Agile team.
- Used React.js and Delorean.js (Flux) on new features.
- Converted over 150 files and 10,000 lines into Require.js AMD modules.
- Performed unit testing with Mocha, Chai, and Sinon.js.
- Refactored Backbone Views to Marionette.
- Created SVG Immunization bar graphs.
- Implemented over 1,100 commits in 2013, and worked on feature development, bug fixes, and re-architecture.
- Worked in Node.js creating Grunt tasks and Express.js middleware.
- Helped hire and onboard new web development team members.
- Co-FounderOrgNote.com2010 - 2014
Technologies: Express, Backbone, Neo4J, MongoDB, React, Ember, AngularJS, Python, Django
- Worked with new declarative frameworks: Vue.js, Reactive.js, and React.js.
- Experienced with MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, CouchDB, Redis, and Neo4j.
- Worked with Grunt, Gulp, and continuous deployment.
- Performed new refactorings in Django/Python.
- Software EngineerCarbonite, Inc.2012 - 2013
- Worked as a member of Carbonite's Currents Agile team using Scrum.
- Utilized Backbone.js models to interact with RESTful API.
- Advocated and used Knockout.js as a front-end web framework.
- Used CSS, Sass, Compass, and Susy for maintainable stylesheets and responsive web design.
- Worked occasionally on Mono C# .NET debugging with Eclipse.
- ConsultantStratechi Partners2008 - 2011
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, Apache, Debian, CentOS, Ubuntu, jQuery, HTML, CSS
- Coded and launched various PHP web apps including article submitters, business rewards, and survey sites.
- Worked with LAMP stack, Linux (Debian, CentOS, Ubuntu) Apache, MySQL, and PHP.
- Created custom WordPress themes and worked with Drupal.
- Implemented the redesigns of existing sites; improving navigation and usability.
- Worked in Python CherryPy (a web framework) and IronPython.net for a desktop app.
- Web DeveloperChitika Inc.2006 - 2007
Technologies: PHP, PhpNuke, jQuery, HTML, CSS, WordPress
- Designed and developed the first MySpace ad unit, Chitika Owna—which is a jQuery UI-focused ad.
- Developed the new user interface for members to customize the design of ad units; built it with PHP and jQuery.
- Worked with outsourced designers to build customized WordPress templates launching the company blog.
- Developed a word-match app using Macromedia Flex framework for a contest.
- FounderHiveLife.com2001 - 2004
- Launched an online social network for users to express themselves.
- Utilized LAMP technologies. Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP for the back-end and HTML, CSS, and jQuery for the front-end.