Machine Learning Engineer2014 - PRESENTE&P Data Sense
Technologies: R, Python, Data Science, Machine Learning
- Implemented a cross-platform application for monitoring streams of data from a variety of sensors in drilling or production oil and gas installations. The system analyzes the data and can send notifications in real-time.
- Created an anomaly detection system for finding hazardous or deficient operation parameters in order to send automated alerts to supervisors.
- Implemented a sand detection feature that monitors the sand production in the well (sand can quickly deteriorate equipment). The detection process uses data from an acoustic sensor connected to the pipeline.
Machine Learning Engineer2018 - 2018Consumer Internet Labs (via Toptal)
Technologies: TypeScript, Scikit-learn, Python, Flask
- Implemented a neural network based digit recognition system for a web application running on mobile devices.
- Built a system that supports recognizing multiple digits drawn by touch on the mobile screen and the recognition process runs entirely on the client side.
- Ensured a superior accuracy by sending the system logs with failed digit classifications to a server written in Flask and then this data is then used to periodically retrain the network.
Software Architect2011 - 2017Eelloo
Technologies: Java, Spring, Machine Learning, TypeScript, React.js, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Led the development of a new product—a job search application based on psychological profile matching. It uses psychological testing results from the company’s main product to recommend the most appropriate jobs and career paths to users. The matching is done using machine learning techniques.
- Worked as part of the company’s R&D team (focused on data visualization, and graph visualization in particular) that won several prizes at the International Symposium on Graph Drawing and Network Visualization for several years in a row.
- Was actively involved in the product design for the main projects of the company.
- Led the migration of the company’s main product from a Flex and Java 1.4 servlets application to HTML5/React.js and Spring MVC. The product—a large software suite for psychological testing—is targeted mainly towards enterprises and is currently in use at several large Dutch companies (such as ING).
Software Architect | Co-founder2004 - 2011Software Business Partners
Technologies: C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, C++, SQL Server
- Co-founded this outsourcing company.
- Discussed the requirements with the clients, explained possible technology choices and proposed a development plan.
- Implemented key areas of the projects, assigning tasks to the team members as well as creating training materials for the team.
- Worked on a large number of projects, using diverse technologies, for both the desktop and the web.
- Developed a screencasting streaming server for Flash— low-level C protocol work which required reverse engineering the Flash screen capture codec data.
- Created a line of business desktop applications, implemented with .NET Windows Forms, WPF, and Silverlight.
- Completed the most challenging project at the company—embedding the IBM Lotus Symphony in the browser on Windows and Mac. Symphony was a third-party pure desktop application without an embeddable ActiveX or applet.