Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Analyst and Software Developer
Raphael is a seasoned data and business analyst specializing in dashboard creation, data storytelling, and web analytics. His work has helped companies understand their major growth levers and improve their conversion rate and audience through A/B testing and channel development. Raphael is a business-oriented professional and generates business value through data analysis. He works well in small teams and on blank canvas projects where a high level of abstraction and creativity is needed.
Python 3, Tableau Desktop Pro, APIs, SQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Data Analytics, BigQuery, Microsoft Power BI, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a cloud data warehouse from scratch that combines data from multiple sources, such as the main database and third-party APIs.
Data Warehouse Developer
- Built a data warehouse from scratch, consuming data from different data sources, like the company database and 3rd-party software APIs, such as Accuranker, Plausible, and WeCanTrack.
- Developed numerous data tools to be consumed by business users, such as automated dashboards, spreadsheets, email reports, etc.
- Developed ad hoc analysis, such as improving the website's CTR and SERP position on search engines, improving on-page merchant CTR, etc.
Analytics Senior Lead
- Took responsibility for equity research content platforms.
- Developed SEO diagnosis and action plans for all content platforms.
- Developed KPI monitoring systems for all content platforms.
Zoetis - Main
- Developed an automated email reporting system that served as a basis for campaign performance discussions.
- Performed ad hoc analysis such as past campaign performance and NPS survey analysis.
- Delivered customer targeting lists for email marketing campaigns.
- Consulted to find opportunities that increased the company's performance in terms of customer acquisition and developed action plans for the team to test, learn, and scale based on findings.
- Designed numerous A/B tests to improve the website conversion rate for new sign-ups.
- Developed a new customer acquisition framework that coordinated efforts from all funnel steps, awareness, consideration, conversion, and sources, both organic and inorganic.
Senior Business Analyst
- Developed a system that automatically extracts data from all Nubank's publications across Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, Twitter, and YouTube, built using Python and orchestrated by Apache Airflow running on an AWS EC2 machine.
- Oversaw and guided Nubank's blog team to increase the blog audience by 25% year-over-year, focusing on SEO improvements, paid media optimization, and email marketing.
- Supervised Nubank's national brand campaign that used a vast mix of online and offline channels, measuring the short-term impacts on the website, blog, and social media.
Data Analytics Manager
- Managed a team of data analysts that provided bi-weekly and monthly business performance reports, developed ad-hoc analysis and queries, built and maintained managerial and executive dashboards, and helped departments define and monitor KPIs.
- Oversaw the creation of a self-service data platform that served more than 40 employees across the company. It made it possible for employees to request custom and pre-defined reports on demand without submitting a ticket to the data team.
- Idealized and executed many A/B tests focused on business-to-business customer acquisition.
Senior Data Analyst
- Implemented conversion data points and developed a measuring model based on sessions that map every step of the purchase funnel; through this model, A/B tests were developed, improving the conversion rate by 20%.
- Provided vital services to several data projects inside different departments of the company, such as marketing, sales, customer service, management, product and growth, and strategy, and was deeply involved in defining Sympla's official KPIs.
- Managed the Tableau implementation with 65 Tableau users and oversaw the environment of 1300 dashboards.
Data Analysis Samplehttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1mlWEI-WdKrnhl2JsK6lIfKxNCoSTUFJM/view?usp=sharing
FOREX Data Pipelinehttps://github.com/rapha-carvalho/forex_data
The objective was to develop binary predictive models in each currency pair to assist traders in their negotiations.
Finding the Best Linear Regression Model in Rhttps://github.com/rapha-carvalho/regressor_utils_R
Python 3, SQL, Python, Snowflake, R, Scala
Facebook Marketing API, Instagram API, Twitter API, LinkedIn API, Google Sheets API, Pandas, NumPy, YouTube API, Azure Blob Storage API
Tableau Desktop Pro, Google Analytics, Apache Airflow, Tableau, Google Optimize, Google Sheets, BigQuery, Microsoft Power BI
Business Intelligence (BI), ETL, Management, Data Science
MacOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Redshift, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), PostgreSQL, Data Integration, MariaDB, MySQL
TikTok API, Business, Marketing Mix, Strategy, Data Visualization, Data Analysis, Google BigQuery, Excel 365, Data Warehousing, Digital Marketing, Data Analytics, Reports, Business Logic, Dashboards, Reporting, Amazon RDS, Data Cleaning, Data Aggregation, Google Data Studio, Google Search Console, APIs, Big Data, Big Data Architecture, Data Engineering, Human Resources (HR), Logistics, Finance, Operations, Google SEO, Amplitude, Metabase, Azure Databricks, Business Strategy, Business Analysis, Statistical Modeling, Startups, Plausible, AccuRanker, Microsoft Azure
Specialization in Data Engineering
Udacity - Remote
Specialization in Big Data
ESPM - São Paulo, São Paulo
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
IBMEC - Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Tableau Desktop Specialist
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring