Head of Engineering2018 - 2019GO VIET Technology Trading Company Limited
Technologies: Python, Java, Airflow, BigQuery, GCP, Kubernetes, Protobuf, Helm, Grafana
- Built a product team to deploy ride-hailing and food delivery products in Vietnam; coordinated with a regional engineering team to maintain and continuously improve products.
- Maintained a data warehouse and developed a new data pipeline which ensured data integrity and accessibility for BI and fraud prevention activities. Technologies used: BigQuery, Google Cloud Storage, Airflow, Pandas, and Kafka.
- Deployed and maintained microservices on Google Compute Engine and Google Kubernetes Engine.
- Integrated a system with banks for a money-payout process.
- Established IT and information security policies.
- Created real-time monitoring dashboards with Grafana and InfluxDB.
Co-founder | Chief Technology Officer2015 - 2018TDC JSC
Technologies: Java, Spring Framework, Docker, Python, Django, Protobuf, Banking API, eWallet
- Co-founded and led an engineering and product team.
- Worked on fintech and banking and AI.
- Created an eWallet that enables users to make P2P money transfers via a phone number, bank account, and social network. Technologies used: Java with Spring Framework, MySQL replication, microservices architecture with Docker, and Google Protobuf.
- Implemented direct integration with the core banking API of some Vietnam banks for wallet top-ups and withdrawal transactions.
- Developed a management platform for transactions management and monitoring.
- Created a rule-based chatbot platform for financial use cases, supporting natural language processing for bank transfer, saving account creation, and service payments.
- Integrated a system with eCommerce partners for the purchase of products and services on the eWallet app.
- Provisioned infrastructure in a data center.
Solution Architect | Technical Presales2013 - 2015SmartOSC Corporation (North America)
Technologies: eCommerce, Magento, Symfony, Drupal, PHP
- Advised clients in North America area wanting to build an eCommerce platform on their strategy and development plan.
- Architected a high-level system, handled the project scoping, and generated the development timeline based on customer needs.
- Traveled and conducted face-to-face meetings with clients in the North American area.
- Provided technical support to existing customers.
- Maintained relationships with customers.
Senior Software Engineer2010 - 2013SmartOSC Corporation
Technologies: eCommerce, PHP. Symfony, MySQL, Drupal, WordPress
- Managed a development team of ten engineers in the development of an eCommerce system with 7 million+ SKUs; used PHP, Symfony, MySQL replication, and PHPUnit.
- Led a team of five in the development of a CMS for US university sports teams to upload, stream and share videos of their sports games.
- Revamped a company's website to support metro design using PHP and Drupal.
- Developed websites for clients in different sectors using WordPress and Drupal.
- Maintained and supported an eCommerce platform written in PHP/CodeIgniter for a multibrand fashion company in Europe.
Search Engine Developer2008 - 2010Tinh Van Telecom
Technologies: Python, PHP, Yii, MySQL
- Developed custom text processors and extractor for a web search engine in Python.
- Created a web crawler for blog searches using Python and a thread pool library.
- Built a blogging platform with PHP and MySQL based on the Facebook app, enabling users to create blog entries on Facebook.
- Improved the blog entries and bloggers ranking with a a PageRank-like algorithm.
- Developed a content management system with PHP and Yii framework.