Richard Knight Harrison
Verified Expert in Engineering
Richard has 15 years of experience in web development with a strong focus on full-stack web applications. He specializes in front-end development using React, Angular, Vue.js and Node.js, PHP, Django, Ruby on Rails, and .NET in the back-end, with expertise deploying to the server and serverless environments on AWS, Azure, and GCP. He also works with relational and non-relational databases and large datasets.
MacOS, Linux, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Microsoft Teams, Slack, GitLab, GitHub, Jira, Asana
The most amazing...
...thing I have developed is the premier platform called Droppp for buying and collecting pop culture NFTs, which is used by hundreds of thousands of customers.
Senior Software Architect
- Created the architecture, design, and project plan for the conversion of the CRM.
- Contributed to several C#, C++, and C device drivers and user applications.
Senior Software Architect
- Provided research, analysis, and requirements definition for a startup company.
- Handled research and development on patented and internal trade secrets, distributed networking, and languages.
Senior Software Consultant
Geos Global Synergy
- Designed and developed from the ground up a new application that allowed the business to expand by changing its business model to provide back-office services to new traders all over the globe.
- Built a web-based application with C# .NET, which keeps records of the company's stock market positions, helps manage risk, and assists the back office in scheduling the clearance and transfer of trades.
- Migrated the application to Node.js and AWS Lambda to make it more scalable.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Designed and developed a wholesale florist website using ASP.NET, MVC4, DevExpress, and Entity Framework 6.
- Added complex inventory, lead time, catalog, pricing, and shopping cart components.
- Created and implemented a custom ORM using ADO.NET.
Senior Web Developer
- Took over maintenance, support, and enhancement of an existing SaaS C#, ASP.NET web application for mineral rights owners to manage and analyze payments from oil companies.
- Upgraded components and made major changes to the existing application's user interface, web services, database, and processing.
- Added the capability to interface with well public record data through external SOAP web services from a background Windows Service.
- Implemented an interface to locate wells by latitude and longitude and display them on a Google map.
Express.js, Laravel, Next.js, Vuetify, Ant Design, Bootstrap, MUI (Material UI), Tailwind CSS, Svelte, Angular, NestJS, React Native
jQuery, Node.js, React, Vue, API Development, D3.js, Web3.js, REST APIs
Microservices, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), DevOps, REST
Contentful, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Netlify, Azure
MySQL, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQLdb
Gatsby, Full-stack Development, Web Applications, Full-stack, APIs, Software Architecture, CI/CD Pipelines, Web Development, Front-end, Back-end, Data Structures, MERN Stack, React Query, Styled-components, Elastic Load Balancers, Storybook
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
University of Colorado Boulder - Boulder, CO, USA