Verified Expert in Engineering
Rob is a highly driven developer who is passionate about all things technology. Throughout his career, he's worked with several companies to build high-performance data integration and querying solutions paired with modern front-end user experiences. Rob is a huge advocate of Agile methodologies, SOLID design principles, and pragmatic software innovation that is perfectly aligned with business goals.
C#, Angular, Blazor, Entity Framework, SQL, VB, TypeScript, .NET, Azure
The most amazing...
Lead Solutions Architect
The Soho Lighting Company
- Developed a container packing algorithm that calculated orders' shipping size and weight.
- Integrated the algorithm with a third-party shipping platform while implementing social distancing measures due to the pandemic. My work resulted in increasing order throughput by over 250%.
- Built an event-driven order synchronization API to align our eCommerce and ERP/accounting systems. Used Azure Service Bus, Azure Functions, and webhooks to sync and update customer and order data and automate invoicing.
- Collaborated with directors to develop a comprehensive sales forecasting and stock management report to ensure meeting product demand with over 6-month-long lead times on popular and growing product lines.
- Took over a global holiday provider's software and infrastructure from another development company and moved the project forward to source control with CI/CD pipelines.
- Integrated with Expedia (EPS) geography to provide highly accurate hierarchical geographical search functionality for accommodation. This was integrated with local transport options such as airports and train stations.
- Migrated from their legacy flight availability and pricing search to new APIs from GDS's Sabre and Worldspan/Travelport.
- Developed a bespoke, highly optimized fuzzy matching algorithm in SQL for text-based searches.
- Established client relationships via open communication, correctly interpreting requirements, and providing technical and nontechnical proposals with accurate time estimates; also built Agile project boards and worked to make weekly sprint plans.
- Collaborated with an economic development company to move their paper-based funding application process to an intuitive web-based system with an Angular front end and a C# .NET Core/EF Core back end. This was published to Azure via a DevOps CI pipeline.
- Worked with nonprofit supporting veterans and added additional functionalities such as multiple user roles with varying access capabilities as well as a reporting system. These were add-on modules developed for the Orchard CMS.
- Fixed bugs and added new features to a vehicle configurator built in Angular and C#.
- Added global state management using NgRx and significantly optimized their C# back end and SQL queries.
- Integrated flight and accommodation providers to build and cache holiday packages based on availability.
- Developed a search functionality for the holiday package cache using Elasticsearch.
- Integrated airport transfer and tour operator availability providers to upsell alongside holiday packages.
- Took responsibility for the logging progress and sprint planning which included developing project specs and maintaining Trello boards.
- Automated the booking process in a legacy VB desktop app which transformed it from paper-based data entry tasks to a fully automated process requiring no intervention.
- Developed a multi-tenanted URL shortener using C# and jQuery and hosted this with an Azure web app backed by an Azure SQL database.
- Built a type of interop that enabled a legacy VB desktop app to interface with Azure Service Bus. The service bus was connected to several serverless functions, moving the communications/emailing portion of the app to a microservice architecture.
- Created complex custom reports through SQL queries.
Data was uploaded to Azure Blob storage in the background while the survey was completed.
This was supported by a management portal on the back end which supported the creation of new surveys and viewing/downloading submitted responses.
All of the server-side code was written in C# and deployed to an Azure web app via a CI pipeline in Azure DevOps. The database uses Entity Framework Core and an SQL Azure database.
.NET, .NET Core, Angular, Blazor, ASP.NET, AngularJS, ASP.NET Web Forms
Entity Framework, jQuery, Google Maps
Azure, Windows Server
RabbitMQ, Orchard CMS
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring