- Technical Application Specialist Consultant (Independent)Statpro2014 - 2015
Technologies: C#, .NET, SQL 2008, R2, Oracle 11g, ASP.NET
- Delivered a massive cost savings in the space of 8 months for a large client, working with a small team. The client was able to save hundreds of thousands of Euro in annual licensing fees after we wrote the replacement system.
- Collaborated with teammates spread between Frankfurt, Cape Town, Stockholm, London, and Bordeux through constant communication, weekly Google Hangout status meetings, and collaboration via Github and JIRA.
- Improved processing time from 36 hours to 14 hours.
- Surprised the client with swift development turnaround time even during high-pressure portions of project development.
- Conducted extensive query analysis, both T-SQL and PL/SQL.
- Senior Developer (Composites Product)Statpro2012 - 2014
- Maintained a commercially successful product used by over 120 asset managers globally.
- Investigated new opportunities in moving the composites product to the cloud, utilizing dynamic web frameworks like Rails and AngularJS for a slick front-end experience.
- Worked remotely, reporting to the Frankfurt office from Cape Town, using JIRA and Lync to coordinate and SVN to collaborate.
- Worked with the R+ team at Statpro, using Ruby on Rails to create a modern portfolio management solution using Highstock charting.
- Provided second line development support to large bank clients remotely via WebEx.
- Senior Systems DeveloperStatpro/JSE Limited2008 - 2011
Technologies: C#, VB.NET, C++, MFC, COM+, SQL 2005, MSMQ, ComponentOne
- Configured a CruiseControl.net server to rein in a sprawling legacy project with over 100 disparate component modules in C#, VB.NET, and C++/MFC.
- Set up an OpenGrok source code search server to assist the team in searching a constantly updated index including the version control history of a ~3.5m line project.
- Migrated source control to SVN from Visual Source Safe 2005, retaining all history.
- Mentored developers.
- Optimized queries for a large and inefficient SQL batch process, reducing run time by around 80%.
- Junior DeveloperDigiata2006 - 2007
- Developed for a completely agile development shop, doing daily stand-ups, fortnightly sprints, internal customer, pair programming, and pool table.
- Conducted full end-to-end testing, TDD, front-end testing, unit tests, FxCop, Smoke tests, and MSI installation/upgrade tests on VM infrastructure.
- Created an internal time tracking/client reporting/invoicing app with another junior developer.
- Learned all about SQL injection and various security concerns.
- Read The Pragmatic Programmer.