Verified Expert in Engineering
Rodrigo is an enthusiastic software developer with three years of experience. He has worked for the past two years in one of the biggest IT companies in the LATAM region, MercadoLibre. Rodrigo's expertise mainly focuses on building scalable and maintainable web solutions used throughout the company with Java and Spring Boot. He has also developed and maintained web UI and CLI features to provide friendly ways for users to interact with his solutions.
Slack, IntelliJ IDEA, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Visual Studio, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, Trello, DBeaver, Postman, Chrome
The most amazing...
...app I've developed is a web service used for the asynchronous processing of long-running tasks in a microservice ecosystem with thousands of components.
- Worked in the cross-service sector of the company's cloud and platform area, providing solutions that improve quality, user experience, security, and other cross-cutting concerns for other service teams.
- Developed key and efficient features for internal applications using Node.js and React.
- Provided support to other teams when facing issues in their front-end feature development.
- Defined and implemented metrics and monitors to track the health and uptime of our solutions.
- Helped write end-user documentation of our products.
Workqueues Software Developer
- Developed an app that handles the processing of long-running tasks in an asynchronous way that solved a need that the microservices ecosystem of the company had.
- Assisted new team members in adapting to the company environment by being their designated go-to person when joining the company.
- Actively participated in off-hours problem-solving when errors in our solutions generated unexpected end-user behavior in production.
- Helped other teams of the company adopt our product by analyzing the problem they were trying to solve and if and how our solution was a good fit for their use case.
- Helped implement a complex multithreaded solution to solve a performance problem that our solution encountered when handling multiple tasks.
- Involved in off-hours deploys and maintenance of the solution.
Cross Cutting Concerns Software Developer
- Helped design, implement, and maintain several applications working as a software developer on cross-cutting concerns.
- Used Java 11, Spring Boot, and SQL databases to develop a highly maintainable application using known design patterns.
- Helped implement a console application using Python to provide a CLI to allow our clients to use our services.
- Participated regularly in the deployment of productive applications.
- Tracked, registered, and fixed bugs, issues, and features for our applications.
- Participated in the creation of a service that allows users to run cloud web services in their local environments by automatically configuring a web infrastructure on demand based on the client's specifications.
- Assisted other teams when developing front-end features for their products.
Streams Software Developer
- Designed the UI and UX of the front-end side of the streaming product of the team.
- Implemented the front-end side of the streaming service using React and Node.js successfully, allowing users to adopt our service.
- Managed the front-end development process while teaching my team members the technology used to develop it.
- Helped validate new features by testing them during off-hours deployments.
- Provided fast support for bugs and maintenance needed once the app was in production.
- Worked in agile environments on applications with evolving requirements requiring constant refinement and interaction with product owners.
- Interacted and managed expectations of technical and non-technical product owners.
- Used React to develop responsive applications following detailed and tailored designs.
- Used Redux integrated with Redux-Thunk or Redux-Saga when managing an application's global state.
- Managed feature and hotfix deployments of productive applications.
- Assisted in developing and maintaining a front-end side of a financial service application that aims to streamline private investment portfolio monitoring, due diligence, and company financial management.
- Developed a front-end MVP of an eCommerce application to streamline sales of a specific line of products by reducing the steps a client has to take to complete a purchase.
- Contributed to the company's front-end application boilerplate repository.
- Mentored high school students enrolled in the company's internship program.
For this project, I assisted in designing and developing core functionality and integrating the first services supported by the app. In the initial version, users were allowed to interact with the application through a CLI developed in Python that was created by the company and which I helped integrate with our product in collaboration with my other team members.
I contributed to the full-stack implementation of the solution. I helped develop the back-end services that handle task production and assignment in a performant and scalable way. I also assisted in implementing a software development kit (SDK) for our developers so that they could communicate with our service without knowing any implementation details. And finally, I helped develop the front-end interface for users to create and manage service instances in their applications.
I assisted in developing and designing an application that is in charge of storing and versioning schemas created by users and an SDK that allows its users to perform validations with our schemas. I was also involved in the initial design and implementation of features allowing users to create and manage schemas in their applications through a web application.
Spring Boot, Spring, Redux, Spark, Express.js, Tailwind CSS, Material UI, Hibernate
React, Node.js, REST APIs, API Development, Auth, jQuery
Git, Slack, IntelliJ IDEA, Postman, Apache Maven, Jira
REST, Microservices Architecture, Microservices, Scrum, Concurrent Programming, Back-end Architecture, Agile, Object-relational Mapping (ORM), Requirements Analysis, Scalable Application
JSON, DBeaver, JSON/XML Schemas, MySQL, Relational Databases, Databases, Elasticsearch, NoSQL, MongoDB, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
HTTP REST, Git Flow, Full-stack, Full-stack Development, Web Development, API Integration, APIs, Back-end, Front-end, Front-end Development, Back-end Development, Asynchronous Data Streams, Multithreading, Agile Sprints, HTTP, HTTPS, Responsive UI, SaaS, Back-end Performance, Performance, Architecture, Debugging, Algorithms, Authentication, Authorization, Software Design, Software Architecture, MVP Design, Agile Product Delivery, Agile Delivery, Engineering, MERN Stack, User Experience (UX), Design Tools, Workflow, Server-side Rendering (SSR), Cloud, Platform as a Service (PaaS), Payment APIs, Scalable Web Services, Scalable Architecture, eCommerce, Memory Leaks, Proof of Concept (POC), Fintech, Design, User Interface (UI), CI/CD Pipelines
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Firebase
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring