Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Architecture Developer
Roman is a senior IT professional who specializes in creating sustainable and flexible solutions. He has over 20 years of experience working for consulting companies, startups, and large corporations across multiple systems. Roman has a deep understanding of SQL queries for complex data analysis, profiling, and transformation and has successfully implemented relational, multidimensional, and object-oriented database models for clients.
SQL, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on saved $100 million in Google Grants thanks to a solution architected to remediate waste and inefficiencies.
Technical Consultant | Database Engineer
- Assisted multiple Toptal clients in implementing and enhancing multiple database solutions using PostgreSQL, Snowflake, and other database technologies as a technical consultant and database expert.
- Identified performance issues and assisted with enhancing system designs.
- Improved database performance by ten times on multiple occasions. Built a number of executive reports and dashboards.
- Integrated multiple external data sources using Fivetran, Hightouch, and Tray.io to move data into and out of Snowflake. Data is supplied in pre-defined interfaces and by calling various APIs.
Senior Financial Engineer
- Served as a technical lead on a five-person engineering team for a significant process improvement project, including reviewing and steering design practices and project designs. Implemented integrations and migrated between internal systems. Collaborated with global accounting teams and the product and compliance teams.
- Rehabilitated and completed a stalled project that reduced accounting processes 3-4 days off of a process that formerly took a week, executed monthly. Eliminated frequent errors and added audit controls by designing and implementing a flexible and user-configurable system to automate transaction calculations and posting to meet global payroll, tax, and other obligations.
- Delivered an executive reporting solution 1,000% faster than existing tools. It enabled on-the-fly setting reconfiguration to remediate a slow system with poor flexibility by designing and architecting the solution in collaboration with the finance and product teams. This resulted in a tool that streamlined and compiled data from multiple global markets and currencies used in strategic executive decision-making.
Senior Sales Data Architect
- Served in a senior leadership architect and business analyst role and delivered numerous solutions, generating savings of more than $100 million. This included creating and building reporting tools and dashboards, integrating reporting metrics into data warehousing, cross-referencing data dependencies, transitioning reporting infrastructure platforms, and ensuring that code was updated for internal and external technologies.
- Delivered first-year savings of approximately $100 million for the Google Grants program that donates $2 billion annually to non-profits. I achieved this by architecting a solution that remediated waste and inefficiencies related to disbursements and creating tools, dashboards, reports, and notifications to identify recipients needing assistance. I designed a ranking mechanism, facilitating communication prioritization, and integrated APIs and pipelines with internal Google tools.
- Created architecture and designed a set of tools that compiled data, enabling executive reporting and generating insights—with the flexibility to adapt to ever-changing products and team structure. I successfully created a methodology to continually analyze each product’s performance, collaborating with dozens of teams to gather system requirements and identify operational needs.
- Provided technical expertise to the business team while architecting reports and dashboards, sourcing data, and managing the quarterly reporting process. Collaborated with global agency sales operations in designing strategic and tactical solutions.
- Delivered the capability to analyze the impact of team performance and presented findings to senior Google decision-makers. I was the sole senior technical resource on a business-focused agency support team, including partnering with clients and teams in over 30 countries to identify common threads and test multiple hypotheses. This resulted in the development of predictive algorithms applied to multiple regions and lines of business and integrating external data and internal pipelines.
- Designed and built pipelines and dashboards to present data up to the CEO level, reflecting data gleaned from Google’s annual product and support customer survey executed in over 30 countries with 10,000 respondents.
Senior Business Engineer
- Provided expertise in developing solutions and integrating client system’s with third-party products, including creating and customizing standard programs and reports, leading large-scale migrations into data warehouse environments, assessing and upgrading Oracle applications, designing/developing the Oracle-Salesforce-Oracle integration package, redesigning the Salesforce integration workflow, creating/customizing Oracle Apps Forms and Reports, developing notification and alert systems, improving client business workflows, automating external data processing, integrating Salesforce.com to client systems, Microstrategy, as well as Oracle Order Management with up and downstream systems, and implementing Oracle Data Warehousing solutions as well as customizations to Oracle Trade Management and International Trade Management.
- Created a multimillion-dollar revenue stream by monetizing the enterprise-level Google Maps product. Built an interface to Maps API that extracted daily usage of each commercial client. Cross-referenced and loaded the data into the Oracle EBS Service Contracts module, where a pricing engine calculated billing charges encompassing integrating the needs of multiple teams, as well as products and technologies.
- Increased the retention of paying Google Suite customers from less than 50% to more than 95% by automating customer renewals and two-way interfaces that handled numerous conditions and flows—in collaboration with a team comprising five business analysts and engineers.
- Served as a project leader on the Cisco system (Oracle CRM/ERP installation).
- Acted as a senior system designer and project leader on the Oracle Corporation lease management.
- Worked as the project manager and senior consultant for Tarn Consulting, San Fransisco.
- Worked as the database analyst and senior programmer for Cisco Systems (Oracle Financials).
- Worked as the database analyst, senior programmer, and project leader at Reuters (South Africa, Switzerland, UK, and Canada).
- Served as a designer, analyst, and trainer for IBM, Australia.
- Performed activities as an analyst and programmer for the Roads and Traffic Authority, Australia.
- Consulted on DBA projects at Services Pty. Ltd. (Australia).
Google Grants Dashboard
Oracle EBS Migration from On-Premises to Cloud
Google Maps Monetarization
SQL, SQL DDL, Snowflake, Python, Python 3, Python 2
Oracle ERP, Adobe ColdFusion, BigQuery, Google Development Tools
Database Design, Agile, Waterfall Development
Oracle, Oracle Database, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Salesforce
Oracle 11g, Oracle RDBMS, PL/SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, PL/SQL Developer, Databases, Database Triggers, SQL Architecture, Database Modeling, Apache Hive, PostgreSQL, MySQL
Database Optimization, Database Table Optimization, Query Optimization, PL/SQL Tuning, Data Architecture, Data Modeling, Data Engineering, Scalability, Reporting, Tools, Web Technologies, Salesforce Apex, Computer Science, APIs
Oracle API, Salesforce API
Associate Diploma in Databases
Stanford University - Palo Alto, CA, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Technology, Sydney - Sydney, Australia