Senior Financial Engineer2019 - 2019Uber
- Served as technical lead on a five-person engineering team for a significant process improvement project, including reviewing and steering design practices and project designs. Implemented integrations and migrated between internal systems. Collaborated with global accounting teams, and the product and compliance teams.
- Rehabilitated and successfully completed a stalled project that reduced accounting processes 3-4 days off of a process that formerly took a week, which is executed monthly. Eliminated frequent errors, and added audit controls, by designing and implementing a flexible and user-configurable system to automate transaction calculations and posting, to meet global payroll, tax, and other obligations.
- Delivered an executive reporting solution 1,000% faster than existing tools. It enabled on-the-fly setting reconfiguration, to remediate a slow system with poor flexibility by designing and architecting the solution in collaboration with the finance and product teams. This resulted in a tool that streamlined and compiled data from operations in multiple global markets and currencies used in strategic executive decision-making.
Senior Sales Data Architect2014 - 2019
Technologies: BigQuery, Internal Google Tools
- Served in a senior leadership architect and business analyst role, and delivered numerous solutions, generating savings of more than $100 million. This including creating and building reporting tools and dashboards, integrating reporting metrics into data warehousing, cross-referencing data dependencies, transitioning reporting infrastructure platforms, and ensuring code was updated for internal and external technologies.
- Delivered first-year savings of approximately $100 million for the Google Grants program that donates $2 billion annually to non-profits. I achieved this by architecting a solution that remediated waste and inefficiencies related to disbursements and creating tools, dashboards, reports, and notifications to identify recipients in need of assistance. I designed a ranking mechanism, facilitating communication prioritization and integrated APIs and pipelines with internal Google tools.
- Created architecture and designed a set of tools that compiled data, enabling executive reporting, and generating insights—with the flexibility to adapt to ever-changing products and team structure. I successfully created a methodology to analyze each product’s performance continually, in collaboration with dozens of teams to gather system requirements and identify operational needs.
Business Analyst2013 - 2014
Technologies: Reporting tools
- Provided technical expertise to the business team, while architecting reports and dashboards, sourcing data, and managing the quarterly reporting process. Collaborated with global agency sales operations in designing strategical and tactical solutions.
- Delivered the capability to analyze the impact of team performance and presented findings to senior Google decision-makers. I was the sole senior technical resource on a business-focused agency support team, including partnering with clients and teams in over 30 countries, to identify common threads and test multiple hypotheses. This resulted in the development of predictive algorithms applied to multiple regions and lines of business and integrating external data and internal pipelines.
- Designed and built pipelines and dashboards to present data up to the CEO level, reflecting data gleaned from Google’s annual product and support customer survey executed in over 30 countries with 10,000 respondents.
Senior Business Engineer2005 - 2012
Technologies: Oracle, Salesforce
- Provided expertise in developing solutions and integrating client system’s with third-party products, including creating and customizing standard programs and reports, leading large-scale migrations into data warehouse environments, assessing and upgrading Oracle applications, designing/developing the Oracle-Salesforce-Oracle integration package, redesigning the Salesforce integration workflow, creating/customizing Oracle Apps Forms and Reports, developing notification and alert systems, improving client business workflows, automating external data processing, integrating Salesforce.com to client systems, Microstrategy, as well as Oracle Order Management with up and downstream systems, and implementing Oracle Data Warehousing solutions as well as customizations to Oracle Trade Management and International Trade Management.
- Created a multimillion-dollar revenue stream by monetizing the enterprise level Google Maps product. Built an interface to Maps API that extracted daily usage of each commercial client. Cross-referenced and loaded the data into the Oracle EBS Service Contracts module, where a pricing engine calculated billing charges encompassing integrating the needs of multiple teams, as well as products and technologies.
- Increased the retention of paying Google Suite customers from less than 50% to more than 95% by automating customer renewals, and two-way interfaces that handled numerous conditions and flows—in collaboration with a team comprising five business analysts and engineers.
Engineer1994 - 2005Previous Experience
Technologies: Oracle, various web and reporting technologies
- Worked on the Cisco system (Oracle CRM/ERP installation) as a project leader.
- Worked on the Oracle Corporation lease management as a senior system designer and project leader.
- Worked as the project manager and senior consultant for Tarn Consulting (San Fransisco).
- Worked as the database analyst and senior programmer for Cisco Systems (Oracle Financials).
- Worked as the database analyst, senior programmer, and project leader at Reuters (South Africa, Switzerland, UK, and Canada).
- Designer, analyst, and trainer for IBM, Australia.
- Worked as an analyst and programmer for the Roads and Traffic Authority, Australia.
- Consulted on DBA projects at Services Pty. Ltd. (Australia).