Objective-C Developer in Toronto, ON, Canada
iOS Team Lead2016 - PRESENTDarkMatter, LLC
Technologies: iOS, Swift, Objective-C, C, C++
- Led a team to implement an iOS client of a communication application with advanced security.
- Managed and facilitated the work process of a distributed team of five developers with a 9-hour time zone difference.
- Designed solution architecture and planned development activities in collaboration with other teams.
- Communicated with stakeholders to identify product requirements.
- Maintained and integrated multiple C/C++-based cross-platform libraries into the app.
- Reviewed code and implemented best development practices.
Senior iOS Developer2014 - 2016Lixar I.T.
Technologies: iOS, Objective-C
- Migrated an application from iOS 7 to iOS 8.
- Implemented different new features for a client-server enterprise application using Objective-C and Cocoa Touch.
- Implemented Core Data migrations in a fast-evolving application.
- Supported test coverage for business logic using Kiwi.
- Implemented receipt printing using StarMicronics printer SDK.
- Designed architecture in a CLEAN way.
iOS Engineer2013 - 2014Ciklum
- Coded portions of server interaction logic and the corresponding data models.
- Migrated the UI from iOS 6 to iOS 7.
- Optimized project architecture, making it more flexible.
- Created a custom image caching mechanism.
- Implemented part of the UI.
iOS Engineer2012 - 2013Cogniance
- Implemented an advanced video player supporting HLS downloaded to a device.
- Created a simple drawing system for annotating media items (PDF, images, and video snapshots).
- Implemented anti-piracy protection and jailbreak detection.
- Created and supported a custom URL protocol for interacting with HTML packages presented in an application and replacing the native UI.
- Created a custom map view controller capable of switching between native maps and Google Maps in one line of code.
iOS Developer2011 - 2012DIMALEX
- Implemented a user authentication and profile editing mechanism.
- Improved application performance dramatically by updating poor legacy code.
- Implemented xibless UI for a universal application.
- Implemented map UI and interaction logic.
- Learned design patterns.
Junior iOS Developer2011 - 2011KTTSoft
- Implemented a XMPP chat client.
- Learned manual memory management before ARC became mainstream.
- Learned Cocoa basics, UIKit, and NSFoundation.
- Worked with VCS and profiling tools.
- Created a handy application with video playback featuring use of a gyroscope for juggling.
- Teesnap (Development)https://www.teesnap.com/
21 century iPad application for golf-course management.
- Mediafly (Development)https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/skidmarks-racing/id476115134?mt=8
I created the UI and internal logic for the video and audio playback, PDF documents, and image presentation. I developed a drawing instrument used for creating annotations, and implemented an algorithm for making the drawn line smoother. I also secured user data and downloaded content, anti-piracy protection. I also implemented interaction with a second screen, minor UI changes, and a custom URL protocol for interaction with stored HTML packages. This project allowed me to acquire experience working with RESTful services.
- Shiftme.to (Development)
This is a universal application that did not use xibs. I optimized the data caching and retrieving, map view, map annotations, and overall UI interaction performance. I also handled authentication, registration, and the user info editing mechanism in the application, as well as the UI and server interaction.
- Alcohoot (Development)
I implemented part of the UI and interactions with Google Places API and Yelp API. Due to issues with places providers, I implemented custom map view controllers with the same interface so that native maps and Google Maps could be easily interchanged.
- Finance Control (Development)https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/drebeden-gi/id571913431?ls=1&mt=8
This was one of the first projects in which I participated. Many things have changed since then, but I learned a lot during its creation.
LanguagesObjective-C, Swift, C, SQL, C++
FrameworksCore Data, Cocoa, Core Location, Cocoa Touch, MapKit, AV Foundation
ToolsXcode, Git, Subversion (SVN), Mercurial
ParadigmsXP, Object-oriented Design (OOD), Scrum, REST, Test-driven Development (TDD)
OtherMultithreading, UI Kit
Libraries/APIsCore Animation, Google Calendar API, Google Maps
- Master's degree in Computer Engineering2006 - 2011Dnipropetrovsk National University Oles Honchar - Dnipropetrovsk