Verified Expert in Engineering
Rupesh is a highly skilled full-stack software engineer with over four years of experience architecting and developing robust and scalable web and mobile applications. He has a track record of success in various projects, including Gocchii and ReAlpha. He is well-versed in multiple programming languages and tools, including TypeScript, Node.js, Ruby, React, React Native, and Next.js. Rupesh can take full ownership of delivering a project from start to finish.
MacOS, Slack, Discord, WebStorm, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
The most amazing...
...mobile app I've built is ScoutX where I took ownership of its full development, led a team of three, and delivered it within the estimated time.
Full-Stack React/React Native Developer for a Renewable Energy Marketplace Platform
Hohm Energy, Spark Plaid Energy (Pty) Ltd
- Actively engaged in solutioning process with the product owners to scope out the estimation, timeline, efforts, etc and collaborate with the engineering team to deliver the deliverables.
- Actively participated in optimizing the codebase, workflows through code review, code analysis, etc.
- Led a team of 4 to work on development of new version of the mobile app on React Native.
Senior React Native Developer
- Oversaw the product from project estimation to project delivery, performing database design, back- and front-end architecture and setup, third-party API integration, front- and back-end development and integration, and more.
- Tracked features and bugs using Trello board for reporting.
- Coordinated closely with the client to deliver features and fix bugs under a tight deadline.
React/React Native Developer
Yara International - Expert Functions (IT)
- Implemented new features and fixed bugs for the Android mobile app in React Native.
- Implemented new features and fixed bugs for the web app in React.
- Fixed penetration testing issues (XSS, CSRF, GitHub code scanning, and security scanning) on back-end and front-end web and mobile apps.
- Created Git hooks in Husky to validate Git commits and automate the generation of Android bundles.
- Built a mobile app for users to find, create, and track fishing spots that they can share with other people on customized maps using the Mapbox API.
- Developed an admin panel for managing multiple vendors of an automobile manufacturing company.
- Deployed the mobile applications to the App Store and Google Play and back-end services on Amazon EC2 instances.
- Developed, tested, and deployed a mobile app for ScoutX that allows soccer athletes to book services from scouts and increase their visibility to coaches.
- Built a web app admin panel for ReAlpha to manage real estate properties using admin dashboards with charts.
- Initiated bug bash sessions using Jira to find, report, and fix bugs collaboratively.
React and React Native Developer
- Built an Instagram-inspired social media mobile app where users can share about foods and restaurants.
- Developed a mobile app to measure hair density and help track the subtle changes in hair gains or losses.
- Fixed critical beta release bugs using an Asana board.
LIS Nepal Pvt
- Architected and developed a web app for a fintech company to allow users to manage sales and invoices.
- Developed, tested, and deployed a mobile app for Robling to monitor live ETL batch processing on Azure and alert the monitoring users through push notifications in case of a failure.
- Created a script to automate the validation process of ETL source and target data, which would otherwise take hours by manual process.
- Worked on Robling DaaS ETL from February 2020 - August 2020 and used Azure Data Factory, Python, Snowflake, VB Scripting, Looker, Pandas, Excel, Devops.
The following are some of the key features:
1. Animations in UI components
2. Responsive UI
3. Use of SSG
MEA Mobile App
I was the front-end developer and collaborated actively with the product manager to develop new version features and fix/refactor old codebase issues.
Some of the features had been:
1. Upgrading the library versions: React, React Native, etc.
2. Implementing new screens
3. Fixing file upload issues
4. Fixing critical penetration testing issues
Calorie Tracker Web Apphttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6Xs9rA3L-4
As the full-stack developer on this project, I took responsibility for conducting use case analysis and modeling entities to ensure that the app would meet users' needs. This involved identifying the various features and functionality the app would need to provide to track calorie intake and help users manage their diet effectively.
I designed and implemented the user interface (UI). Additionally, the app allows users to invite others to join through email integration, which helps promote accountability and makes it easier to track progress.
The app also includes a feature for admin users to monitor the food items added by regular users. This feature allows admin users to view statistics such as average calorie intake per user and track the number of food items created on a weekly basis.
MyHairCounts Mobile Apphttps://www.myhaircounts.com/
I was the front-end developer, and my responsibilities had been the following:
• Implement new version 2 features and fix critical bugs
• Refactor old codebase
• Release new versions to the Play Store and App Store using Fastlane
Woollybuggers Mobile App
I worked as a full stack developer where my responsibilities had been the following:
• Created front-end and back-end architecture
• Collaborated with the client
• Worked on implementing new features and refactoring the codebase
• Integrated 3rd party APIs, like Mapbox, Twilio
• Fixed critical issues and worked on the optimization of workflows
Mobile App for ScoutXhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scoutx.scoutx&hl=en_US&gl=US
The development of ScoutX was a collaborative effort between a team of five individuals, including three front-end developers, one back-end developer, and a designer. The team worked remotely to deliver the product, which was developed to meet the specific needs of the client.
As the lead front-end engineer on the project, I worked closely with the CTO of the company and the client to architect the codebase and ensure that it met the client's requirements. My responsibilities included leading the front-end team, ensuring that the project was delivered on time, and implementing the core functionality of the app.
The core functionality of the app includes features that allow scouts to easily find and assess athletes, get paid digitally, and for athletes to connect with top coaches to review their performance.
Mobile App for ReAlpha
The product was delivered remotely through the collaboration of seven people: three front-end developers, two back-end developers, and two designers.
I was the lead front-end engineer and worked closely with the CTO of the company and client.
My responsibilities ranged from architecting the codebase to leading the front-end team to deliver the project within the deadline.
The app's core functionality is to let real estate investors explore the marketplace and manage their investments.
The app performs well on app stores and the Play Store, with over 1,000 users.
Compliance Management Web App for Gocchii
Some of my responsibilities had been:
1. Create front-end architecture
2. Implement front-end components
3. Integrate with back-end APIs
4. Fix critical issues
5. Work under a tight deadline
React Native, Tailwind CSS, Redux, MUI (Material UI), Next.js, Bootstrap, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Express.js, Ruby on Rails 5, Jest, NestJS
React, MobX, Node.js, React Redux, REST APIs, Chart.js, Ruby on Rails API, AWS Amplify, Redux-Saga, WordPress REST API, Stripe, Stripe API, Google Maps SDK, WordPress API, React Navigation, Google Maps, SQLAlchemy, react-spring
OneSignal, Expo, Postman, WebStorm, Amazon Cognito, Figma, Git, GitHub, Slack, Webpack, AWS AppSync, Fastlane, Apple Push Notifications, Azure Active Directory B2C (ADB2C), Xcode, AWS CLI
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), REST, Responsive Web Design (RWD), Mobile App Design, UI Design, Mobile Design, Mobile Development, Unit Testing, Testing, ETL, Automation, Test-driven Development (TDD), Role-based Access Control (RBAC)
MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Android, iOS, Mobile, Mapbox, Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Heroku, Firebase, Contentful, Twilio
Databases, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Database Modeling, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Amazon DynamoDB, MongoDB
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Institute of Engineering - Pulchowk, Lalitpur, Nepal
Ruby on Rails Foundations
Rest API Intermediate Skills Certification
Problem Solving Advanced Skills Certification