Director of Architecture2017 - PRESENTHylaine
Technologies: AWS, Azure, Azure SQL Databases, Visual Studio, C#, Angular, Azure DevOps, ASP.NET, Entity Framework Core, Entity Framework, Dapper, Aurelia, Bootstrap, Postman, Azure SQL, Azure Application Insights, Redis, Azure Service Fabric, Azure Web Functions, AWS Lambda, PostgreSQL, AWS Glue, Amazon SageMaker, AWS IAM, Azure Active Directory Graph API, Azure Cosmos DB, Load Testing, Performance Testing, Software Architecture, Architecture, System Design, Technical Writing, Writing & Editing
- Joined this software consulting startup as employee #2 and played a pivotal role in growing the firm to 50 people over three years, despite COVID-19.
- Ranked as the Best Place to Work in Charlotte, North Carolina, for midsize companies in 2020. While very much a team effort, it's one of my proudest accomplishments. We also had 0% turnover for a 16 month period.
- Managed and provided support for our two technical service lines—application development and business intelligence—ensuring excellent design and delivery of dozens of projects.
- Built a processing system, using Azure Service Fabric microservices, to replace a collection of monolithic stored procedures, increasing performance by 75% and creating a suite of unit and integration tests to support accuracy.
- Built an aggregate risk-exposure tracking and management system that used real-time calculations and caching to beat competing SaaS product SLAs and achieved 10,000x the typical load targets and horizontal scale goals.
- Completed an Agile transformation for an IT organization of 50+ and reduced release pipeline lengths from six months to one week via process improvements and CI/CD implementations.
- Built a mortgage pricing determination, rules, and integration engine, using MuleSoft.
- Developed a variety of eCommerce integration microservices, using Azure Functions and Cosmos DB and integrating with a wide range of legacy and REST APIs.
- Analyzed a core financial systems platform: Identified performance improvement opportunities that reduced processing SLAs by 25% and provided the client with a market analysis that reduced licensing costs by 75%.
- Analyzed a flagship field-work platform for a client with an upcoming 10x load: Identified key performance issues, developed proofs-of-concepts for improvement, and created a data-driven roadmap for a successful launch.
Consultant 22014 - 2017CTS Inc.
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET, SSRS, TFS, Coded UI Tests, BizTalk, Crystal Reports, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SSIS Custom Components, ASP.NET Razor, jQuery, Kendo UI, SQL Server Management Studio, Visual Studio, Azure DevOps, Entity Framework, TFS API
- Progressed from being an intern to an account-anchor consultant at a southeast regional firm that was purchased by CGI, Inc. in 2017.
- Developed a custom BizTalk solution from scratch to manage scheduling and other topics as part of the first enterprise service bus (ESB) backbone project for a pest control client.
- Acted as the technical lead for a Crystal Reports project, and later as an SSRS reports individual contributor, as part of the largest utility merger in US history. Focused on integrating and visualizing data for nuclear plant operations.
- Built the inaugural automated testing practice at an insurance client, using Coded UI tests, while also improving manual testing practices and documentation.
- Assisted in developing a custom data ingestion, synchronization, and rules engine for a group insurance benefits application.
- Acted as the primary UI designer and maintainer for a from-scratch internal application used at CTS, Inc. for summer cultural events.