Developer2013 - PRESENTFanzter
Technologies: Objective-C, Ruby, CoffeeScript
- Developed a social/fashion iOS app backed by Node.js (CoffeeScript).
- Formulated and implemented an error/exception reporting/rescuing strategy for the Node.js app.
- Maintained a large Rails 2.3 codebase that had been previously upgraded from Rails 1.2.3.
- Assisted with future product direction and design.
- Handled data migration and synchronization work between two related products.
Lead Developer2002 - PRESENTWilcox Development Solutions
- Contributed to versions 1.2, 2.0, 126.96.36.199, and 2.0.1 of the W.E.L.D.E.R iPhone/iPad/Mac OS X game. The game was featured on Apple's New and Noteworthy section of the App Store starting June 21, 2012. The Mac OS X version was an Editor's Choice pick and rose to #8 on the Top Paid apps list (#2 in the Game category) around July 1, 2012.
- Designed the automated Instagram printer kiosk used during Coachella 2012 (H&M's #kissforacause campaign).
- Worked as project manager and Ruby developer during the development of a Ruby on Rails/Spree eCommerce-based telephony site that made the front page of www.slashdot.org (December 6, 2011) and was featured on Ars Technica (Dec 27) (http://www.reverserobocall.com).
- Worked on a pocket streaming radio publishing iOS app with heavy ties to the Facebook and Spotify APIs.
- Worked on Promiflash.de iPhone and Android apps for mobile news consumption with push notifications. On launch day, the Android app went to #1 in the News category for the German marketplace.
- Created a web and QuickBase-based application for the Washington, D.C. Public School Special Education Department to manage massive special education complaint/case loads. Later developed a Ruby on Rails version of the same system.
- Developed Ruby on Rails Large (26,000+ LOC) C.S.R for Wreal TV (http://www.wreal.tv/), including integration with UPS logistic services.
- Worked as a Dancing with the Stars (2007) Production Supervisor, designing a Python application to read from a USB timecode device vCal parsing library (2,100 lines of Python + 6,300 lines of unit tests).
- Created various desktop applications using PyObjC, including one application consisting of over 3,000 lines of code.
- Worked for QSAToolworks.com porting one of the original Mac apps (created circa 1983) to Mac OS X with C++ and the wxWidgets framework.
- Authored a whitepaper on Node.js best practices (http://www.wilcoxd.com/whitepapers/node_js/).
- Worked on an OS X app with heavy design elements and hardware interactions that was later featured as one of the Top 10 paid apps on the Mac App Store in January 2013.
Software Developer2012 - 2013Green River
Technologies: Cocoa, CoffeeScript, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Worked on projects of varying size using technologies such as Ruby on Rails and Cocoa.
- Self-initiated and self-directed a position with DevSales. Served as point of first contact, with a high level of involvement in sales calls.
- Improved a Cocoa library wrapper for a custom network protocol, enabling greater abstraction and better speed for developers.
- Implemented a training program for selling via eCommerce platforms. Implemented workflow to take the user through the steps involved in the training process.
- Worked on a social network for teachers that included the ability to share via Google Docs so that users can quickly create and share a document with fellow teachers.