Senior Azure DevOps Architect2020 - PRESENTLazlo 326
Technologies: Multi-Region Architecture, Monitoring, Azure Monitor, Azure Application Insights, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Service Fabric, YAML Pipelines, GitFlow, Azure DevOps, Azure IaaS, Azure PaaS, Azure, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Azure Portal
- Design, developed, and supported DevOps processes and created DevOps culture in Lazlo 326.
- Helped to design the Azure Cloud architecture with more than 20 different Azure resource types that work together as one solution.
- Managed the infrastructure as code (ARM Templates) and deployed Azure resources via Azure DevOps pipelines.
- Created fully isolated environments for development/testing with a single click.
- Designed and implemented full automation (where possible) for builds and releases using Azure YAML pipelines.
- Extensively used Windows PowerShell to support automation.
- Designed and implemented modular deployment strategies where only a specific product of a solution needs to be deployed.
- Designed and implemented multi-stage deployments (sandbox→development→QA→UAT→production).
- Implemented a GitFlow branching strategy and integrated it with automated CI builds and CD releases.
- Integrated unit tests, code coverage, code quality, and load & performance tests into build-and-release pipelines.
Senior Azure DevOps Engineer2019 - 2020Anthology
Technologies: Azure, ARM Templates, Package Management, NuGet, Powershell Automations, Microsoft Azure, Powershell DSC, Git, YAML Pipelines, Builds, Releases, Azure PaaS, Azure IaaS, Microsoft Azure Portal, Azure Cloud Services, Azure DevOps
- Implemented and managed release and build pipelines for a variety of products using the Azure DevOps platform.
- Improved and designed DevOps and release strategies to release the company’s products to a single and multitenant Azure Environments.
- Designed a new Azure Serverless architecture (PaaS) for a globally distributed company’s products.
- Developed the infrastructure as code via ARM Templates and integrated them into the release pipelines.
- Assisted the development teams to adopt a GitFlow branching strategy after migrating from the TFVC version control.
- Scripted automation tasks using PowerShell leveraging Azure Automation Accounts, Azure REST API, and Azure DevOps REST API.
- Provided support and assistance to troubleshoot failed builds, releases, Azure deployments, and Azure related issues.
- Created presentations for the company’s leadership and senior architects with proposals to improve existing DevOps processes and implement new Azure features in the product architecture.
- Served as the technical team leader and point of reference for other DevOps engineers in the company.
Senior Azure DevOps Engineer2012 - 2018NCR Corporation
Technologies: ARM Templates, Azure Ia, Azure PaaS, Release Management, TFS, Microsoft, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), VBScript, Windows PowerShell, WCF Web Services, WinForms, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), C#, .NET, T-SQL, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SSRS, Microsoft SQL Server, Azure
- Expertly directed the administration and management of a complex TFS 2010/2013/2015 environment that consists of three global TFS instances with more than 2500 active users, 24 collections, and 130 projects.
- Implemented sophisticated TFS architecture following Microsoft's best practices and considering user count, density, and distribution. Achieved high scalability, availability, and unmatched performance for all the users.
- Orchestrated the seamless upgrade from TFS 2010/2013 to 2013/2015 and 2015 to VSTS handling the coordination of different business unit needs, schedules, and testing requirements without impact on ongoing operations.
- Created automation processes to generate ARM Templates and manipulate Azure Resources using PowerShell, Azure Automation Accounts, and Azure REST API.
- Designed and implemented Git branching strategies, CI builds, and CD releases using VSTS and Azure Platform.
- Provided support and assistance to troubleshoot failed builds, Azure deployments, and Azure related issues.
- Enabled a TFS functionality for external customers without compromising data security for internal clients by developing custom VS and Web Access TFS controls.
- Configured automatic scale-out, traffic, performance, and usage dashboards (Application Insights and Azure Log Analytics).
- Designed the Azure Infrastructure Architecture for globally distributed PaaS web applications.
- Developed ARM Templates and integrated infrastructure changes into the CD pipelines.
Software Engineer | BI Developer2009 - 2012DataCube
Technologies: Linux, Unix, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), SSAS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Oracle9i, ANSI SQL, Jakarta EE, APIs, Java, WebLogic, IIS 7, Apache Tomcat, Bash Script, Bourne Shell, MDX, T-SQL, PL/SQL
- Overcame a slow processing time by using a multi-threaded processing approach to accelerate loading and transforming transaction files from multiple remote servers for a Java-based ETL module that was developed.
- Expertly designed, built, and scripted data warehouse projects in diverse RDBM systems like SQL Server, Oracle, and MySQL with a demonstrated proficiency with ETL tools that including SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transformation Services (DTS), and an Oracle Data Integrator (ODI).
- Developed and customized the Team Foundation Server 2010 that included efforts to build WCF clients for event processing and server plugins and development of many end-user applications to extend the TFS abilities.
- Customized and extended the functionality of HP Quality Center 10 to better meet the requirements of the business through server-side database development, development of end-user applications, quality control, and the utilization of scheduled services and maintenance tools.
- Saved manual effort, time, and errors for QA users by developing a utility that can copy test plans across different projects, collections, and servers which were an option that was not available by using the existing features of TFS.
- Designed, developed, and integrated a reporting platform for Unix/Linux servers—developed a Java-based ETL module for loading and transforming transaction files from multiple remote servers by using multi-threaded processing.
- Designed and developed a data warehouse (DWH) and data migrating processes in an Oracle database.
- Built a web user interface for managing application configurations; created deployment packages and Shell Scripts for a Linux/Unix environment.
Software Integrator2008 - 2009Incentives Solutions
Technologies: Oracle9i, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), .NET, PL/SQL
- Installed, customized, and maintained a company's software products.
- Developed integration modules using PL/SQL scripting, SQL DTS, and .NET programming.
- Installed and maintained an Oracle database.
- Integrated SAP Business Objects with the company's products.
IT Support Engineer2006 - 2008Sensecom
Technologies: WinForms, Microsoft Access, Visual Basic, T-SQL
- Developed extension modules using T-SQL.
- Built business support applications using MS Access.
- Composed reports using Sybase Infomaker.
- Developed and implemented streamlining processes.
- Provided user training.