MS Team Foundation Server (TFS) Senior Expert2012 - PRESENTNCR Corporation
Technologies: Microsoft TFS, TFS Build/Release Management, Azure, MS SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS, T-SQL, .NET, C#, WPF, WinForms, WCF Services, PowerShell, VBScript, VBA
- Expertly directed the administration and management of a complex TFS 2010/2013/2015 environment that consists of 3 global TFS instances for more than 2500 active users, 24 collections, and 130 projects.
- Led the business requirements analysis which made an on-premise installation of TFS on Microsoft Azure the preferred choice over the cloud team services approach because of the need for a high level of TFS customization and security concerns.
- Strictly adhered to Microsoft best practices for a tiered TFS architecture—carefully considering user count, density, and distribution to create a sophisticated TFS implementation composed of 7 servers configured to work together to provide high scalability, availability, and unmatched performance for all the users.
- Orchestrated the seamless upgrade from TFS 2010/2013 to 2013/2015 handling the coordination of different business unit needs, schedules, and testing requirements without impact to ongoing operations.
- Saved on consulting costs by creating the project plan, process, and execution strategy for enterprise upgrades managing internal infrastructure, networking, and DBA teams after vendor efforts had failed.
- Developed a support roadmap that carefully aligns business requirements with TFS product functionality.
- Reduced cost and errors by the lead TFS development efforts to create custom administration utilities for automating administrative tasks by creating the console, WinForms, and WPF applications using TFS API and .NET.
- Ensured that end-users can perform all available operations that align with business needs by extending native TFS features (WPF desktop applications).
- Enabled a TFS functionality for external customers without compromising data security for internal clients by developing custom VS and Web Access TFS controls.
- Expertly managed the installation, support, and customization of a TFS build environment to support continuous integration.
- Executed the XAML build process template upgrades and optimization that enabled performance gains with TFS 2013 and reduced the complexity of the build template which in the end limited the time spent on customizations and maintenance.
- Reduced TFS build failures through advanced troubleshooting and a remediation approach that identified infrastructure issues involving a lack of space on a build agent, queue issues, and connectivity problems between agent/controller/server (ports) from other more complex programming errors.
- Created an effective escalation process for all build issues resulting from programming errors that were quickly directed to the development teams.
- Extensively used PowerShell scripts to create a flexible data warehouse reporting platform to track all the hardware and software information from approximately 600 Linux and Windows servers that are under the responsibility of the department.
- Created valuable analytical management reports from the data warehouse to predict disk growth, track all of the installed software licensing and ownership, and represent actionable statistics about server usage.
- Supported and enhanced the TFS environment by taking ownership of MS SQL Server administration, T-SQL development, and the installation and configuration of a SharePoint Server.
- Optimized the TFS environment to avoid serious performance issues by developing and implementing a user agent blocking mechanism for TFS API clients that consisted of user-agent identification, approval procedures, and IIS access grant and tracking reports.
- Created a multi-tiered environment for TFS 2015 on the Microsoft Azure platform.
Software Engineer | BI Developer2009 - 2012DataCube
Technologies: Java Core + Java APIs, ANSI-SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, MDX, Bourne Shell, Bash Shell, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, SSIS 2005/8, SSAS 2008, ODI 10g, Apache Tomcat 6/7, IIS 7, WebLogic, Unix Solaris, RedHat Linux 5,6
- Overcame a slow processing time by using a multi-threaded processing approach to accelerate loading and transforming transaction files from multiple remote servers for a Java-based ETL module that was developed.
- Expertly designed, built, and scripted data warehouse projects in diverse RDBM systems like SQL Server, Oracle, and MySQL with a demonstrated proficiency with ETL tools that including SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transformation Services (DTS), and an Oracle Data Integrator (ODI).
- Developed and customized the Team Foundation Server 2010 that included efforts to build WCF clients for event processing and server plugins and development of many end-user applications to extend the TFS abilities.
- Customized and extended the functionality of HP Quality Center 10 to better meet the requirements of the business through server side database development, development of end-user applications, quality control, and the utilization of scheduled services and maintenance tools.
- Saved manual effort, time, and errors for QA users by developing a utility that can copy test plans across different projects, collections, and servers which were an option that was not available by using the existing features of TFS.
- Designed, developed and integrated a reporting platform for Unix/Linux servers—developed a Java-based ETL module for loading and transforming transaction files from multiple remote servers by using multi-threaded processing.
- Designed and developed DWH and data migrating processes in Oracle DB.
- Built a web user interface for managing application configurations; created deployment packages and Shell Scripts for a Linux/Unix environment.
Software Integrator2008 - 2009Incentives Solutions
Technologies: Oracle 9i/10g, PL/SQL, .NET, VBA
- Installed, customized, and maintained a company's software products.
- Developed integration modules using PL/SQL scripting, SQL DTS, and .NET programming.
- Installed and maintained a Oracle database.
- Integrated SAP Business Objects with the company's products.
IT Support Engineer2006 - 2008Sensecom
Technologies: T-SQL, VB6, MS Access, WinForms
- Developed extension modules using T-SQL.
- Developed a business support applications using MS Access.
- Built reports using Sybase Infomaker.
- Developed and implemented streamlining processes.
- Performed user training.