Verified Expert in Engineering
Sagi is a top-performing, Microsoft Certified Senior Azure DevOps engineer with ten years of solid hands-on experience in DevOps, programming, scripting, and business intelligence. Sagi specializes in architecting and implementing DevOps processes using Azure DevOps and Azure Cloud platforms. By utilizing his gained experience in multiple application development areas, Sagi has become one of the most prominent experts in the market.
Development, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Linux, Windows, YAML Pipelines, Windows PowerShell, Azure IaaS, Azure PaaS, Azure DevOps
The most amazing...
...project was architecting, installing, and configuring on-premises Team Foundation Instance on a multi-tiered complex environment with minimum impact to users.
Senior Azure DevOps Architect
- Design, developed, and supported DevOps processes and created DevOps culture in Lazlo 326.
- Helped to design the Azure Cloud architecture with more than 20 different Azure resource types that work together as one solution.
- Managed the infrastructure as code (ARM Templates) and deployed Azure resources via Azure DevOps pipelines.
- Created fully isolated environments for development/testing with a single click.
- Designed and implemented full automation (where possible) for builds and releases using Azure YAML pipelines.
- Extensively used Windows PowerShell to support automation.
- Designed and implemented modular deployment strategies where only a specific product of a solution needs to be deployed.
- Designed and implemented multi-stage deployments (sandbox→development→QA→UAT→production).
- Implemented a GitFlow branching strategy and integrated it with automated CI builds and CD releases.
- Integrated unit tests, code coverage, code quality, and load & performance tests into build-and-release pipelines.
Senior Azure DevOps Engineer
- Implemented and managed release and build pipelines for a variety of products using the Azure DevOps platform.
- Improved and designed DevOps and release strategies to release the company’s products to a single and multitenant Azure Environments.
- Designed a new Azure Serverless architecture (PaaS) for a globally distributed company’s products.
- Developed the infrastructure as code via ARM Templates and integrated them into the release pipelines.
- Assisted the development teams to adopt a GitFlow branching strategy after migrating from the TFVC version control.
- Scripted automation tasks using PowerShell leveraging Azure Automation Accounts, Azure REST API, and Azure DevOps REST API.
- Provided support and assistance to troubleshoot failed builds, releases, Azure deployments, and Azure related issues.
- Created presentations for the company’s leadership and senior architects with proposals to improve existing DevOps processes and implement new Azure features in the product architecture.
- Served as the technical team leader and point of reference for other DevOps engineers in the company.
Senior Azure DevOps Engineer
- Expertly directed the administration and management of a complex TFS 2010/2013/2015 environment that consists of three global TFS instances with more than 2500 active users, 24 collections, and 130 projects.
- Implemented sophisticated TFS architecture following Microsoft's best practices and considering user count, density, and distribution. Achieved high scalability, availability, and unmatched performance for all the users.
- Orchestrated the seamless upgrade from TFS 2010/2013 to 2013/2015 and 2015 to VSTS handling the coordination of different business unit needs, schedules, and testing requirements without impact on ongoing operations.
- Created automation processes to generate ARM Templates and manipulate Azure Resources using PowerShell, Azure Automation Accounts, and Azure REST API.
- Designed and implemented Git branching strategies, CI builds, and CD releases using VSTS and Azure Platform.
- Provided support and assistance to troubleshoot failed builds, Azure deployments, and Azure related issues.
- Enabled a TFS functionality for external customers without compromising data security for internal clients by developing custom VS and Web Access TFS controls.
- Configured automatic scale-out, traffic, performance, and usage dashboards (Application Insights and Azure Log Analytics).
- Designed the Azure Infrastructure Architecture for globally distributed PaaS web applications.
- Developed ARM Templates and integrated infrastructure changes into the CD pipelines.
Software Engineer | BI Developer
- Overcame a slow processing time by using a multi-threaded processing approach to accelerate loading and transforming transaction files from multiple remote servers for a Java-based ETL module that was developed.
- Expertly designed, built, and scripted data warehouse projects in diverse RDBM systems like SQL Server, Oracle, and MySQL with a demonstrated proficiency with ETL tools that including SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transformation Services (DTS), and an Oracle Data Integrator (ODI).
- Developed and customized the Team Foundation Server 2010 that included efforts to build WCF clients for event processing and server plugins and development of many end-user applications to extend the TFS abilities.
- Customized and extended the functionality of HP Quality Center 10 to better meet the requirements of the business through server-side database development, development of end-user applications, quality control, and the utilization of scheduled services and maintenance tools.
- Saved manual effort, time, and errors for QA users by developing a utility that can copy test plans across different projects, collections, and servers which were an option that was not available by using the existing features of TFS.
- Designed, developed, and integrated a reporting platform for Unix/Linux servers—developed a Java-based ETL module for loading and transforming transaction files from multiple remote servers by using multi-threaded processing.
- Designed and developed a data warehouse (DWH) and data migrating processes in an Oracle database.
- Built a web user interface for managing application configurations; created deployment packages and Shell Scripts for a Linux/Unix environment.
- Installed, customized, and maintained a company's software products.
- Developed integration modules using PL/SQL scripting, SQL DTS, and .NET programming.
- Installed and maintained an Oracle database.
- Integrated SAP Business Objects with the company's products.
IT Support Engineer
- Developed extension modules using T-SQL.
- Built business support applications using MS Access.
- Composed reports using Sybase Infomaker.
- Developed and implemented streamlining processes.
- Provided user training.
On-Premise TFS 2015 Installation and Configuration on Azure
• Installed and configured a SharePoint Enterprise 2013 Server.
• Installed and configured SQL Server, reporting, and analysis services.
• Configured TFS instances.
• Installed and configured build servers.
Upgrade of TFS 2010 to TFS 2013
Domain User Migration in TFS
During the project I created, tested, and executed the migration plan with minimum downtime for TFS.
All 1,100 active users were divided into migration groups and every day we migrated 20 users with the downtime of 10 minutes only.
Migration of a BI Solution from MS Server 2000 to 2008
• Developed a new Analysis 2008 solution to replace the existing one in Analysis 2000 (Visual Studio 2008, MS SSAS 2008, MDX, MS Analysis 2000).
Preparation and Maintenance of OBIEE Physical Layer
• Created an ETL solution for loading data into DWH from different sources (Oracle ODI 10gR3.)
• Installed and configured Oracle OBIEE for a single sign-on environment on the application server (Windows Server 2008 R2, IIS 7.)
Design, Development, and Integration of a Reporting Platform for Unix/Linux Servers
• Designed and developed DWH and data migrating processes in Oracle DB (PL-SQL, PL/SQL Developer 7.1, SQL Plus)
• Built a web user interface for managing application configurations (JSP, JSF 2.0, Tomcat 6, Eclipse 3.5)
• Built deployment packages and shell scripts for a Linux/Unix environment (Bourne Shell, C Shell, Perl, PKG, and RPM packages)
Development and Customization of a Team Foundation Server 2010
• Built WCF clients for event processing and server plugins
(VS 2010, TFS 2010, WCF, TFS API, C#).
• Developed end-user applications to extend TFS abilities
(VS 2010, TFS 2010, WinForms, TFS API, C#).
Customizing and Extending the HP Quality Center 10 According to Business Needs
• Development of end-user applications, scheduled services, and maintenance tools (VS 2010, .NET, WinForms, WinServices, C#).
• QC Administration and resolving users' issues.
Onsite SAP BI Products Integration (Client: BTC Bahamas)
Personal Project (Hobby): Developing a Fully Automated Client for MMORGP Online Game (lacunaexpanse.com) Using JSON‐RPC 2.0
(Java Core, Apache HTTP Client, JSON APIs, Java APIs, Eclipse).
• Designing and implementing comprehensive algorithms for fully automated game-playing.
• Preparing for the next steps: building an Android client
(Android SDK APIs).
T-SQL (Transact-SQL), C#, Java
Windows PowerShell, .NET, ASP.NET
TFS, Azure Application Insights
Business Intelligence (BI), Azure DevOps, Web Architecture
Windows, Windows Server, Azure, Azure Service Fabric, Oracle Database, Unix, Linux, Docker, Azure PaaS, Azure IaaS
PL/SQL, Azure Blobs, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft SQL Server, ANSI SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Azure Cosmos DB, MySQL
YAML Pipelines, Development, ARM, Azure Administrator, TFS Administration, TFS Customization, Azure Container Instances, Microsoft Azure Portal, Microsoft Azure, GitFlow, Azure Monitor, Monitoring
Certificate in Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions
Opsgility - Online
Certificate in Advanced PowerShell Development
Microsoft - Tel Aviv, Israel
Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate in Oracle PL/SQL Development
Oracle University - Tel Aviv, Israel
Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Information Technology
Holon Institute of Technology (H.I.T.) - Holon, Israel
Microsoft Certified: DevOps Engineer Expert
Microsoft Azure Developer Associate
Oracle Certified: PL/SQL Developer