Senior Azure DevOps Architect2020 - PRESENTLazlo 326
Technologies: Multi-Region Architecture, Monitoring, Azure Log Analytics, Application Insights, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Service Fabric, YAML Pipelines, GitFlow, Azure DevOps, Azure IaaS, Azure PaaS, Azure, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Azure Portal
- Design, developed, and supported DevOps processes and created DevOps culture in Lazlo 326.
- Helped to design the Azure Cloud architecture with more than 20 different Azure resource types that work together as one solution.
- Managed the infrastructure as code (ARM Templates) and deployed Azure resources via Azure DevOps pipelines.
- Created fully isolated environments for development/testing with a single click.
- Designed and implemented full automation (where possible) for builds and releases using Azure YAML pipelines.
- Extensively used Windows PowerShell to support automation.
- Designed and implemented modular deployment strategies where only a specific product of a solution needs to be deployed.
- Designed and implemented multi-stage deployments (sandbox→development→QA→UAT→production).
- Implemented a GitFlow branching strategy and integrated it with automated CI builds and CD releases.
- Integrated unit tests, code coverage, code quality, and load & performance tests into build-and-release pipelines.
Senior Azure DevOps Engineer2019 - 2020Anthology
Technologies: Azure, ARM Templates, Azure Devops Administration, Package Management, NuGet, Powershell Automations, Microsoft Azure, Powershell DSC, Git, YAML Pipelines, Builds, Releases, Azure PaaS, Azure IaaS, Microsoft Azure Portal, Azure Cloud Services, Azure DevOps
- Implemented and managed release and build pipelines for a variety of products using the Azure DevOps platform.
- Improved and designed DevOps and release strategies to release the company’s products to a single and multitenant Azure Environments.
- Designed a new Azure Serverless architecture (PaaS) for a globally distributed company’s products.
- Developed the infrastructure as code via ARM Templates and integrated them into the release pipelines.
- Assisted the development teams to adopt a GitFlow branching strategy after migrating from the TFVC version control.
- Scripted automation tasks using PowerShell leveraging Azure Automation Accounts, Azure REST API, and Azure DevOps REST API.
- Provided support and assistance to troubleshoot failed builds, releases, Azure deployments, and Azure related issues.
- Created presentations for the company’s leadership and senior architects with proposals to improve existing DevOps processes and implement new Azure features in the product architecture.
- Served as the technical team leader and point of reference for other DevOps engineers in the company.
Senior Azure DevOps Engineer2012 - 2018NCR Corporation
Technologies: ARM Templates, Azure Ia, Azure PaaS, Release Management, TFS, Microsoft, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), VBScript, Windows PowerShell, WCF Web Services, WinForms, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), C#, .NET, T-SQL, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SSRS, Microsoft SQL Server, Azure
- Expertly directed the administration and management of a complex TFS 2010/2013/2015 environment that consists of three global TFS instances with more than 2500 active users, 24 collections, and 130 projects.
- Implemented sophisticated TFS architecture following Microsoft's best practices and considering user count, density, and distribution. Achieved high scalability, availability, and unmatched performance for all the users.
- Orchestrated the seamless upgrade from TFS 2010/2013 to 2013/2015 and 2015 to VSTS handling the coordination of different business unit needs, schedules, and testing requirements without impact on ongoing operations.
- Created automation processes to generate ARM Templates and manipulate Azure Resources using PowerShell, Azure Automation Accounts, and Azure REST API.
- Designed and implemented Git branching strategies, CI builds, and CD releases using VSTS and Azure Platform.
- Provided support and assistance to troubleshoot failed builds, Azure deployments, and Azure related issues.
- Enabled a TFS functionality for external customers without compromising data security for internal clients by developing custom VS and Web Access TFS controls.
- Configured automatic scale-out, traffic, performance, and usage dashboards (Application Insights and Azure Log Analytics).
- Designed the Azure Infrastructure Architecture for globally distributed PaaS web applications.
- Developed ARM Templates and integrated infrastructure changes into the CD pipelines.
Software Engineer | BI Developer2009 - 2012DataCube
Technologies: Linux, Unix, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), SSAS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Oracle 9i, ANSI SQL, Jakarta EE, APIs, Java, WebLogic, IIS 7, Apache Tomcat, Bash Scripting, Bourne Shell, MDX, T-SQL, PL/SQL
- Overcame a slow processing time by using a multi-threaded processing approach to accelerate loading and transforming transaction files from multiple remote servers for a Java-based ETL module that was developed.
- Expertly designed, built, and scripted data warehouse projects in diverse RDBM systems like SQL Server, Oracle, and MySQL with a demonstrated proficiency with ETL tools that including SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transformation Services (DTS), and an Oracle Data Integrator (ODI).
- Developed and customized the Team Foundation Server 2010 that included efforts to build WCF clients for event processing and server plugins and development of many end-user applications to extend the TFS abilities.
- Customized and extended the functionality of HP Quality Center 10 to better meet the requirements of the business through server-side database development, development of end-user applications, quality control, and the utilization of scheduled services and maintenance tools.
- Saved manual effort, time, and errors for QA users by developing a utility that can copy test plans across different projects, collections, and servers which were an option that was not available by using the existing features of TFS.
- Designed, developed, and integrated a reporting platform for Unix/Linux servers—developed a Java-based ETL module for loading and transforming transaction files from multiple remote servers by using multi-threaded processing.
- Designed and developed a data warehouse (DWH) and data migrating processes in an Oracle database.
- Built a web user interface for managing application configurations; created deployment packages and Shell Scripts for a Linux/Unix environment.
Software Integrator2008 - 2009Incentives Solutions
Technologies: Oracle 9i, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), .NET, PL/SQL
- Installed, customized, and maintained a company's software products.
- Developed integration modules using PL/SQL scripting, SQL DTS, and .NET programming.
- Installed and maintained an Oracle database.
- Integrated SAP Business Objects with the company's products.
IT Support Engineer2006 - 2008Sensecom
Technologies: WinForms, Microsoft Access, Visual Basic, T-SQL
- Developed extension modules using T-SQL.
- Built business support applications using MS Access.
- Composed reports using Sybase Infomaker.
- Developed and implemented streamlining processes.
- Provided user training.