Verified Expert in Engineering
Santiago is a full-stack developer with over six years of experience delivering high-quality software for clients in the United States, Mexico, and Germany. Santiago specializes in Ruby on Rails and React and enjoys transforming loose ideas and user feedback into actionable requirements and readable, well-tested code.
The most amazing...
...thing I've built, as a solo developer, was a full personal finance tracking app using Ruby on Rails.
- Helped grow a B2B payments app from tens to hundreds of business clients, moving in the tens of millions of USD through our rails.
- Grew a team of three up to 10+ engineers, leading the sourcing and interviewing process.
- Provided mentorship and architectural feedback to the team, helping implement better continuous delivery practices, on top of individual contributions to new features and improvements.
- Built the back end for multi-user collaboration and several parts of the front end for the said feature.
- Improved integrations with LinkedIn by allowing a separate connection for personal and organization accounts.
- Improved test coverage by introducing integration tests for GraphQL endpoints and React components.
- Added a collaboration functionality to allow multiple users to configure and manage a form.
- Implemented file uploads to the form-endpoints using ActiveStorage and S3.
- Integrated Slack and Google Sheets to enable syncing form submission to these services.
- Incorporated a drag-n-drop form builder to allow non-technical users to create forms.
- Updated an analytics report generation tool to use a GDPR-compliant service.
- Worked remotely as part of the team for their Berlin office.
- Tracked and fixed bugs and minor improvements on a set of Ruby on Rails and React apps.
- Developed a full MVP for a job board for the fitness industry as a solo developer.
- Added a search-and-filtering functionality to help fitness professionals find job openings.
- Built an interview appointment system to make it easier for managers to handle applications.
- Helped develop the front end of the web application using Angular 2 that also consumed a REST API.
- Created an availability calendar for tour providers to configure their schedules.
- Designed and implemented a library to simplify the consumption of the API from the front end.
I built both the main Ruby on Rails application that interfaces with Plaid and serves the UI and a small service that hosts the ML models (ClassyMoney).
Rails by Examplehttp://github.com/railsbyexample
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Capybara, Flask, Angular, Stimulus, Jest
React, Scikit-learn, Plaid API, Node.js
Computer Science, Unix Shell Scripting
Engineer's Degree in Systems Engineering
Universidad Metropolitana - Caracas, Venezuela