Verified Expert in Engineering
Santiago is an enthusiast developer mainly focused on the back-end side of the applications. Distributed systems and the ideas that support them are his passion. Santiago takes ownership, delivers on time, and aims for the best possible outcome in any given scenario.
Go, RESTful Microservices, SQL, Distributed Systems, Datadog, New Relic, Microservices, Git, APIs, REST, Clean Architecture, REST APIs, JSON
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a highly concurrent microservice within the core of MercadoLibre, which had to perform consistently at big throughputs.
Senior Back-end Engineer
- Migrated the initial monolith in which the application core was born to a microservice architecture.
- Implemented the integration between Kafka and the application producers and consumers.
- Developed an API to interact with Auth0 to manage system users and clients.
- Developed an API to interact with Algolia so the front end can search data faster and more efficiently.
Wallabit Media LLC
- Fixed a bug that didn't allow the app to update graphics.
- Refactored the codebase so it could be easily understood.
- Reduced the customer's cloud bill significantly by improving data reuse.
- Monitored the first few weeks of the application, and no errors appeared.
Senior Back-end Engineer
- Developed a microservice that collected debt from users for different business units. It was on the critical path of money accreditation, so consistency, performance, resilience, and uptime were a must.
- Experienced the whole application lifecycle, from an MVP with few clients to a fully developed microservice that handled thousands of requests per minute and became a consistency pillar within the ecosystem.
- Implemented business and infrastructure metrics, tracing, and log analysis to accomplish full observability.
- Learned to develop in highly concurrent environments and how to use the building blocks of a distributed system. Also learned the fundamentals of how to accomplish consistency in this ecosystem.
- Improved my soft skills by interacting with many internal clients, understanding their needs, helping them design the data flow, and rollout the integration lather.
- Learned to work with many people over the same repository simultaneously. That demanded coordination and adherence to a defined work methodology.
- Learned to prioritize what was important and when to take technical debt as a tradeoff.
- Developed the whole back end of the new management system of "Hipódromo de San Isidro," one of the most important racecourses in Argentina. The system was in charge from the race configuration to the horses' medical history.
- Learned how to segregate responsibilities between the front end and the back end and the importance of having clean interfaces.
- Improved my understanding of the client's needs and how to guide them to a solution that could be implemented seamlessly.
- Orchestrated the migration from the legacy system to the new one, having to restructure almost all existing data.
Junior Full-stack Engineer
- Developed a fully working monolithic application, including front end, back end, and server management for a tourism company with several submodules.
- Tested my coding skills and fundamentals of web development, relational databases, and servers learned at college.
- Started my career as a software developer, collaborated with other team members, and used various tools in an Agile environment.
Debt Collection Microservice within MercadoLibre Core
It was made using technologies such as relational databases, key-value stores, and document searchers, all wired with message queues.
I was one of the leading back-end developers that coded the service and designed the architecture and data flow.
Hipódromo de San Isidro Racecourse Management System
I was the only back-end developer, so I was entirely in charge of the design and implementation of the system.
Go, SQL, PHP
REST APIs, Doctrine, Binance API, Auth0 API
REST, Microservices, Clean Architecture, Database Design, Microservices Architecture, Agile Software Development, Concurrent Programming, CQRS, Event Sourcing
JSON, Databases, MySQL, Datadog, PostgreSQL, Key-value Store
Back-end, APIs, Third-party APIs, RESTful Microservices, Back-end Development, Scalability, Distributed Systems, Objects, Algorithms, Full-stack Development, Web Security, Troubleshooting, Metrics, Performance, HTTP Server, Observation, Documentation, Message Queues, HTTP REST, Distributed Tracing
Atlassian Suite, Git, GitLab, GitHub, NGINX
Symfony 2, AngularJS
New Relic, Linux, Apache Kafka, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, Docker, Algolia, Google App Engine
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Programming
The La Plata National University - La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina