Principal Engineer | Tech Lead2018 - PRESENTWorkSpan
Technologies: Angular, TypeScript, Python, Google Cloud Platform
- Facilitated and accelerated feature development as well as helped define, design, scope, and solve features; identify risks; and clarify assumptions and tech tradeoffs.
- Provided tech mentorship through pair design, debugging and programming sessions, code reviews, training, and documentation.
- Drove the product's architecture, evangelized architectural decisions and design patterns, and owned and worked toward reducing technical debt.
- Helped in the hiring process with interview material and tech interviews.
Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2018WorkSpan
Technologies: Angular, TypeScript, Webpack, Google Cloud Platform
- Contributed to the development of the front-end app as senior Angular developer.
- Upgraded (Gulp to Webpack), maintained, and enhanced the front-end build.
- Measured and improved the front-end app's TTL and performance with advanced optimization techniques.
- Planned and set up a hybrid Angular build and led the migration (AngularJS to Angular).
- Designed, implemented, maintained, and enhanced a template builder, a core feature in the WorkSpan product.
- Supported the front-end team with one-on-one help, pair programming, reviews, and front-end meeting talks.
Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2017Netcetera
- Contributed to the development of the Wüest Dimensions project as a senior full-stack developer.
- Worked closely with the requirements engineers to document, plan, estimate, and prepare future stories.
- Worked closely with the UI/UX developers on the application style guide and creation of reusable components.
- Provided support for the team members and organized knowhow sharing sessions and presentations on technical topics within the team and company-wide.
- Implemented and improved the build setup, app packaging and deployment, CI, and CD.
- Owned code quality, documentation, and best practices, doing in-person or deferred code reviews and pair programming.
Software Engineer2014 - 2017Netcetera
- Contributed to the development of the Wüest Dimensions project as a full-stack developer.
- Proposed and successfully coordinated an intern project.
- Discussed estimations and technical implementations as well as implemented and presented new features, bug fixes, and technical stories.
- Wrote unit and integration tests for the new code and maintained high code coverage.
- Wrote functional tests for the REST API and E2E tests for the app.
- Conducted performance analysis and load testing, ensuring cross-browser compatibility.
- Provided support for the team members and organized knowhow sharing sessions and presentations.
Lab Assistant2013 - 2015Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering, Skopje
Technologies: Database Design, SQL, Oracle DB, Object-oriented Design, UML diagrams, MS Visio
- Conducted lab exercises for database systems and object-oriented analysis and design courses.
- Explained the material and the tasks contained in the exercises.
- Helped students with the tools used for implementing the tasks.
- Graded students for the effort, success, and quality of their work.
Intern2013 - 2013Netcetera
- Contributed to the development of a new web app for the company's online competition system for algorithmic programming: CodeFu (www.codefu.mk).
- Researched and evaluated frameworks and libraries providing websocket support in Java.
- Implemented PoC for websocket communication between the web app and a Java back end with Atmosphere framework.
- Implemented websocket support with Atmosphere framework in the existing CodeFu Java back end.
- Collaborated with other interns on the development of the new web app for CodeFu.
- Implemented the integration of the new web app with the existing CodeFu back end.