Verified Expert in Engineering
Distributed Systems Developer
Satyanarayana is a senior software engineer with over eight years of experience working in various technology stacks and knowledge domains ranging from big-scale back-end systems to Android native apps. He is eager to take on new challenges and has done so with teams of all sizes and compositions.
TypeScript, C++, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS, Go
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was a distributed betting engine for Global Tote, a parimutuel betting server that scales horizontally and accepts millions of bets.
Senior Software Engineer
The Global Tote, Topbetta (TBH)
- Designed and developed the core modules of a betting engine such as bet placement, price pool calculation, and more in a parimutuel betting server which can scale horizontally.
- Designed the interactions of the core modules of the server with RabbitMQ message brokers, Redis Memcache, distributed mutexes, and a Percona relational database.
- Optimized the bet acceptance performance by reducing the IO overhead and reducing the number of critical sections in the code created by the distributed mutexes.
- Designed and developed an inter-Tote protocol server called ITSP server which can communicate between Tote servers all around the world in real time.
- Designed and developed new exotic bet types like straight8, trifecta, first four, and exacta. This involved the handling of all the requirements like jackpot money, horse scratchings, flexi bets, calculating pool dividends and payouts for winning bets.
- Debugged critical production issues and looked after the whole Global Tote infrastructure which has servers located at different locations around the world.
- Developed an application stack for voice over LTE (VoLTE) and rich communication services (RCS) on Samsung devices deployed across the world.
- Worked on and modified Android framework modules like a telephony manager, connectivity manager, RIL, and more to suit the requirements of Samsung mobile devices.
- Worked on Android NDK, the UI development of the messaging app, and Orange RCS utility app.
- Constructed the RCS Presence server for providing presence information of RCS capable endpoints with in enterprises.
- Built an instrumentation test framework from scratch for Samsung Mobile Android RCS application.
Senior Software Engineer
- Designed and developed back-end REST APIs in the MVC PHP YII framework for SCADA monitoring and control server for water supply networks.
- Composed algorithms for digital pulse counting, GPRS connectivity, GSM Messaging.
- Designed the whole software memory architecture for RAM and Flash storage of RTCU-based embedded devices of Logic IO deployed at remote locations.
- Developed a kernel driver for PPP protocol to communicate with any kind of interface other than standard interfaces like RFCOMM, ethernet, and more.
- Designed and developed features like selective call rejection, cancel call waiting, selective call acceptance, and more for the Sonus VoIP server.
- Designed and commercialized a multithreaded media capture tool to capture media flowing through the Sonus VoIP server.
- Added support for HD voice codecs like G722.1, Microsoft RT Audio in the Sonus VoIP server.
- Programmed a critical live software upgrade process to upgrade servers in client networks without affecting stable calls on the VoIP servers.
- Developed an automation test suite to test features of the Sonus VoIP servers.
The Global Tote
Samsung Presence Server
NBS MCT, Sonus Networks
PPP Kernel Virtual Driver
gRPC, NestJS, Locust, OAuth 2, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Boost, Android SDK, Google Test, Gin-Gonic, Yii, Laravel, Yii 2, AWS HA
Back-end Architecture, Microservices, CQRS, Event Sourcing, Inversion of Control, Agile, Waterfall Development, Microservices Architecture, Dependency Injection
AWS Lambda, AWS ALB, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Android, Linux, Percona, Unix, Solaris, Apache Kafka, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS, Tizen, Blockchain, Blockchain Platforms, Kubernetes
Amazon DynamoDB, MySQL, Redis Cache, NoSQL, Redis, Microsoft SQL Server, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), InfluxDB
Serverless, SIP, Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), SIP Proxies, VoIP Administration, Amazon API Gateway, Back-end Development, Back-end Performance, RESTful Microservices, TypeORM, AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK), Amazon Cognito User Pools, Authentication, Authorization, Amazon Route 53, Data Structures, Algorithms, Distributed Systems, VoIP, SIP Protocol, Rich Communication Services (RCS), P2P, Long-term Evolution (LTE), IPv4, IPv6, TCP, UDP, Service, Multimedia, IoT Protocols, Collectd, StatsD, Customized Blockchains, Consensus Algorithms, APIs, Protocol Buffers, Computer Science
InversifyJS, Standard Template Library (STL), Protobuf, Node.js, REST APIs
AWS Fargate, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Amazon Elastic Container Registry (Amazon ECR), Valgrind, GDB, Amazon Cognito, AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), Android NDK, RabbitMQ, IntelliJ IDEA, Android Studio, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Git, AWS Step Functions, Grafana, NGINX, Nagios, Phabricator, Jenkins, Graphene
Bachelor of Technology Degree in Computer Science
International Institute of Information Technology Hyderabad (IIIT-H) - Hyderabad, Telangana, India