WordPress Engineering Fellow2019 - PRESENTBootstrap
Technologies: WordPress Plugins, WordPress Themes, Websites, Front-end, MySQL, eCommerce, WordPress, PSD to Bootstrap, WooCommerce API, WooCommerce
- Oversaw the integration with WooCommerce for custom shopping and selling features.
- Supervised a migration to a new hosting platform, implementing modern techniques for deployment and automated QA.
- Led the efforts to update WordPress core and third-party plugins.
- Provided custom WordPress plugin code for new features.
- Refactored the codebase to use object-oriented programming.
Lead Developer2011 - PRESENTLexBlog
- Built a WordPress theme framework using the WordPress Customization API that powers hundreds of vastly different designs from a single theme folder.
- Wrote a WordPress plugin for Bitbucket to allow administrators to store, update, and install themes and plugins from private repositories.
- Wrote a Mailchimp plugin for WordPress to allow admins to browse subscriber and campaign data from their WordPress dashboard.
- Created hundreds of responsive WordPress child themes for the largest law firms in the world.
- Established a unit-testing procedure for agencies to use when deploying WordPress plugins.
- Wrote a Cloudflare plugin for WordPress to allow site administrators to quickly empty their Cloudflare cache or enter development mode from a single Ajax-y click in the WordPress admin toolbar.
- Wrote an Intercom plugin for WordPress to allow agencies to easily monitor admin actions such as abandoned drafts, repetitive actions, and other scenarios that merit client outreach.
- Wrote a Twitter plugin for WordPress to provide a "latest tweets" widget with various customizations.
- Incorporated deep knowledge of the WP Engine platform in order to provide value-adds like a live/staging link in the WordPress admin bar.
- Wrote a custom WordPress theme commissioned by the Democratic National Party in the United States.
Developer2019 - 2021Kast Media, Inc
- Developed a custom WordPress theme and managed the deployment of the new site.
- Tracked performance, maintenance, and security status using a variety of enterprise-level systems.
- Developed several custom WordPress plugins to integrate with third-party APIs such as Cloudflare, MailChimp, and Google reCAPTCHA.
Mailchimp/WordPress Developer2008 - 2011Miscellaneous Freelance Web Development
Technologies: WordPress Plugins, jQuery, CSS, PHP, REST, JSON, APIs, Mailchimp, WordPress
- Wrote a WordPress plugin to integrate with the Mailchimp account of noted science fiction author J. Zachary Pike.
- Wrote a WordPress plugin to allow members of the public to submit avalanche observations to the Chugach National Forest Avalanche Information Center.
- Wrote a custom Shopify theme to allow customers to pick the colors of various wristwatch components.
Infantry Platoon Leader2004 - 2008US Army
Technologies: Team Leadership, Leadership, Event Planning, Planning, Strategy, Operations, Logistics
- Led infantry patrols in Iskandariyah and Fallujah, Iraq.
- Managed the logistics for a 170-man infantry company deployed from Anchorage, Alaska, to Iraq.
- Graduated from the US Army Airborne School, Infantry Officer Basic Course, Infantry Mortar Leaders Course, and Ranger School.