Co-founder2022 - PRESENTStealth Startup
Technologies: Natural Language Processing (NLP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), SQL, Docker, Generative Systems, OpenAI, Text Processing
- Co-founded a company that develops a knowledge management framework for IT teams.
- Developed and implemented a system for the analysis of multi-domain corpora using transformer-based NLP models.
- Designed and deployed AWS infrastructure for servicing a neural search engine.
Machine Learning Engineer2021 - 2022Global Food and Beverage Corporation (via Toptal)
Technologies: Python, Machine Learning, SQL, TensorFlow, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Bayesian Statistics
- Set up and rolled out an existing media mix model for a new geographical market and product family as a member of an MLOps team.
- Designed, implemented, and deployed a PoC for a media mix model based on Bayesian statistical modeling as a member of an ML R&D team.
- Led a team of five ML engineers and data scientists. The team developed, benchmarked, productized, and deployed a next-generation media mix model for a marketing team.
Consultant2021 - 2021D-fine
Technologies: Machine Learning, SQL, Python, R, Java, Neural Networks, Statistical Modeling, Predictive Analytics, Bayesian Statistics, Data Analysis, Data Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning Operations (MLOps), Scikit-learn, Probability Theory, PyTorch, Statistics, Statistical Methods, Seaborn, Matplotlib, Database Management Systems (DBMS), Data Warehousing, CI/CD Pipelines, Jupyter, Statistical Analysis, Artificial Intelligence (AI), NumPy, Consulting
- Validated credit risk and accounting models in a large German bank.
- Performed predictive and prescriptive statistical analysis of soccer players' data for injury prediction and talent development at a Bundesliga team.
- Deployed a data management system for a large European bank.
- Developed MLOps pipelines, including architecture optimization for neural networks, for an in-house project.
Doctoral Research Assistant2014 - 2020University of Freiburg
Technologies: Machine Learning, Digital Signal Processing, Data Science, Research, Neuroscience, Statistics, Data Analysis, Data Analytics, Writing & Editing, Matplotlib, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Time Series Analysis, Control Theory, Probability Theory, Linear Algebra, Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Python, MATLAB, Technical Writing, PyTorch, Statistical Methods, Data Engineering, Seaborn, Neural Networks, Predictive Analytics, Statistical Modeling, Jupyter, AutoML, Artificial Intelligence (AI), NumPy, Consulting, Classification Algorithms
- Developed the first machine learning-based, closed-loop, deep brain stimulation system implemented in freely moving patients. The projects related to this achievement were carried out in close collaboration with clinicians and industry partners.
- Established data-driven adaptive deep brain stimulation as a novel research field in the university.
- Published seven research articles in peer-reviewed scientific journals and 10+ contributions to scientific workshops and conferences in the fields of machine learning, data science, and neuroscience.
- Supported the machine learning lecture of the Master in Computer Science program for five years with the conception of exercises and exams and tutoring. The average attendance of the lecture was around 100 students per semester.
- Supervised a team of 2-5 (paid) master's research assistants in their supporting tasks at the lab.
- Supervised 15+ students in their master's and bachelor's theses in the research lab.
Research Assistant2012 - 2014National University of Colombia
Technologies: Bayesian Statistics, Linear Algebra, Research, Neuroscience, MATLAB, Python, Probability Theory, Statistical Analysis, Artificial Intelligence (AI), NumPy
- Taught a course on analog electronics as the sole lecturer. In addition to preparing lectures, exercises sheets, and exams, I supervised the execution of student's projects.
- Supervised one (paid) undergraduate teaching assistant for the lecture on analog electronics.
- Developed new methods for source localization of neural signals, resulting in a scientific publication in a peer-reviewed journal.