Business Analyst and Software Developer
Sebastian is an experienced business analyst and developer in the data warehouse and integration area. He has a background in financial instruments, banking, and telecom sectors. Sebastian held technical analyst, developer, business analyst, and IT project management positions during his career.
ExperienceSQL - 15 yearsOracle - 12 yearsIT Business Analysis - 11 yearsReporting - 10 yearsFinancial Data - 9 yearsSystems Analysis - 7 yearsSQL Performance - 6 yearsPL/SQL - 5 years
Windows, Oracle, SAS, Enterprise Architecture, SimCorp, Toad, Visio
The most amazing...
...was data mart I've designed and developed covered the whole reporting for the biggest telecom company in Poland in warehouse management, wholesale, and retail.
SAS and Oracle Developer
- Improved the existing processes by implementing a tool to run failed or not started SAS jobs automatically.
- Tracked and fixed bugs using Jira as a reporting tool during an OPS shift in the DevOps environment.
- Contributed to smaller and bigger improvements in the existing processes by introducing changes in the SAS macros, SQL, and PL/SQL scripts.
- Built integration for two central banks between SimCorp Dimension and their internal systems and external counterparties. Worked from clarification and design phase, implementation, and support during UAT.
- Enhanced, maintained, and customized the interface to IHS Markit for OTC instruments confirmation for client's needs. The interface allows the OTC trade confirmation process to be fully automated.
- Implemented interfaces during SimCorp Dimension implementation projects using SimCorp's communication server, filter toolbox, data extractor, and data import.
- Built an interface to import financial positions managed by external managers into SimCorp Dimension for a reserve fund led by a European government. The interface transformed and imported data from various sources.
Business Analyst | IT Project Manager
- Served as a business analyst and IT project manager for the loan application supporting system project. I was accountable for the project budget, plan, and schedule, reporting the steering committee's project and financial status.
- Acted as a business analyst during the wealth management system implementation that consolidates all client's investments view and supports investment advisors' decisions about the client's portfolio.
- Analyzed business requirements and designed changes in the data warehouse and the data marts. Supported business units during UAT.
- Worked as a business analyst and IT project manager during the implementation of a commission and incentive system.
Data Warehouse Engeneer
StatConsulting (Project for Plus)
- Developed and maintained the analysis platform containing data marts and reports.
- Supported business users by gathering and analyzing requirements, designing and developing reports in Teradata or SAS.
- Developed and maintained reports for the controlling department and top management.
Senior ERP System Analyst
- Built an integration layer in Oracle PL/SQL between the ERP and warehouse management systems.
- Supported business users by gathering and analyzing requirements, designing changes, and working with the system vendor to implement changes.
- Performed unit and integration testing changes delivered by the system vendor and supported business users during the UAT phase.
Data Warehouse Engineer
- Designed and developed a data mart covering the whole reporting for the biggest telecom company in Poland in areas like warehouse management, wholesale, and retail sales.
- Built many SQL and PL/SQL-based reports for various business areas like marketing, finance, warehouse management, and billing.
- Tuned many existing cyclical SQL reports, significantly improving their performance.
Central Bank Reserve Management System Integration
Data Marts and Reporting Project
Regulatory Changes in The Mortgage Application System
B2B Portal Project
SQL, SQL DML, SQL DDL, SAS, UML, XML, XSLT, Stored Procedure, C++, Java, C, ABAP, Python 3, Python
Kimball Methodology, Business Intelligence (BI), Database Design, ETL, Testing, PRINCE2, Agile Project Management, ITIL, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), B2B, Unit Testing
SQL Performance, PL/SQL, Databases, SAS SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, SQL Stored Procedures, Teradata Databases, Microsoft SQL Server, Database Architecture, Data Integration, MySQL, Database Management, Database Management Systems (DBMS), Redshift
IT Business Analysis, Systems Analysis, Data Warehousing, Data Analytics, Data Analysis, Data Marts, Business Analysis, Database Schema Design, Enterprise Architecture, SimCorp, Financial Data, Financial Institutions, Securities, Derivatives, Reporting, Data Architecture, Data Warehouse Design, Excel Expert, Base SAS, Decision Support Systems, SAP, Industrial and Financial Systems (IFS), Workflow, IT Project Management, Investment Banking, Finance, Message Queues, APIs, Communications Server, Financial Market Data, Integration, Dashboards, Data-driven Dashboards, Vendor Management, Architecture, Office 365, Machine Learning, Supervised Machine Learning, Data Engineering, Exploratory Data Analysis, Database Analytics
Toad, Excel 2010, Microsoft Excel, Excel 2013, Excel 2007, Visio, MATLAB, Teradata SQL Assistant, SAS Enterprise Guide, Crystal Reports, Microsoft Access, Jenkins, Subversion (SVN), Confluence, Jira, Snowplow Analytics, IntelliJ IDEA
Oracle, Windows, Jupyter Notebook
REST APIs, Scikit-learn, NumPy, Pandas
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Warsaw University of Technology - Warsaw, Poland
Build a Back-end REST API with Python and Django
2022 Python for Machine Learning & Data Science Masterclass
Learn Python Programming Masterclass
SimCorp's Certified Connectivity Specialist
Simcorp's Certified Reporting Specialist
SimCorp Dimension Specialist
Agile Project Management Foundation