Verified Expert in Engineering
Sean is a passionate polyglot developer with extensive experience in full-stack web development, system administration, and data science. He is capable of working in both Linux and Windows environments and has developed everything from machinery interface to market intelligence software. Sean is also an excellent communicator and spends his spare time coaching speech and debate.
Vim Text Editor, Visual Studio, PyCharm, Windows, Linux
The most amazing...
...piece of software that I've developed can decode news articles written in Chinese and decipher market intelligence for an English-speaking audience.
- Wrote second generation risk mitigation algorithms using Python and Pandas.
- Developed web applications using Meteor and React to facilitate client engagement.
Full-stack Software Developer
- Developed market intelligence software using Java and Python natural language processing technology that allowed investment information to be extracted from Chinese news sources.
- Managed and developed a data ingestion system for funding and company valuation data—including monitoring, reporting, and load-balancing systems.
- Designed, developed, and maintained client-facing React web applications to manage and display data on the CB Insights platform.
- Built microservices based on Node.js, Swagger.io, Thrift, and Docker to improve system reliability and internal API consistency.
- Built and created custom email-tracking software to improve targeted email marketing and outreach.
- Developed and maintained Go REST APIs to power the main data visualization and management platform.
Digital Vision, Inc.
- Conceived and developed a software suite to monitor and analyze breakage statistics and inspection results in optical manufacturing laboratories which helped bring breakage rates to industry record lows.
- Worked with outside software vendors to developed and maintain XML endpoints for integration with third-party products.
- Developed a suite of GUI and command-line applications to manage inventory and automate monthly and replenishment ordering of optical lenses.
- Provided onsite support and trained customers in order to improve customer effectiveness in using the software system.
Sentiment Analysis Bothttps://github.com/shanglun/SentimentAnalyzer
I use Python, Flask, Apache Thrift, Java, and Stanford's NLP Library. I also used SendGrid and the Twilio API to build email and text message integrations.
How to Build an Email Sentiment Analysis Bot: An NLP Tutorial
Build a Text Classification Program: An NLP Tutorial
How to Build a Natural Language Processing App
Mixed-integer Programming: A Guide to Computational Decision-making
Architecting Optimization Algorithms with HorusLP
HorusLP-Gurobi: High-level Optimization Architecture for Gurobi
Full-stack NLP With React: Ionic vs. Cordova vs. React Native
ASP.NET, Apache Thrift, Flask, Swagger
React, Node.js, Lodash, Chai, Stanford NLP, PhantomJS, SQLAlchemy, Flask-RESTful, Pandas, Twilio API
Mocha, Jira, Stanford NER, PyCharm, Visual Studio, Vim Text Editor, SendGrid
Meteor, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Windows, Linux
Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL/MariaDB, MongoDB, MySQL
Mixed-integer Linear Programming, Operations Research, HTML Parsing (Cheerio), WebSockets, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Full-stack, Front-end Development, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), Offensive Security
Agile Software Development
Bachelor's Degree in Economics/Math
Whitman College - Walla Walla, WA, USA