Verified Expert in Engineering
Apex Triggers Developer
Shawn is an expert Salesforce Developer and Consultant with over five years of experience. The combination of his software development and consulting skillsets has helped him succeed in a leading technical role on several Salesforce projects. Shawn has worked on projects from development to production, exposing him to all stages of a product's lifecycle. He is always eager to take on new efforts, and constantly seeks self-improvement.
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was rebuilding the entire partner portal for Red Hat to modernize it on the Salesforce Communities platform.
- Led the technical implementation for large projects with between 5 and 15 team members. Made architectural decisions on which features to use to meet requirements and how those features shoiuld be implemented. Built proof-of-concept examples for complex or hard-to-understand use cases.
- Developed custom Apex classes, Visualforce pages, Lightning components, and Apex triggers, webservices, etc. for a variety of clients. Created unit tests to cover existing and new code.
- Supported deployments from sandbox to production environments. Oversaw UAT and regression testing.
Senior Salesforce Developer
- Acted as most senior technical resource for a variety of client projects.
- Managed and mentored three in-house developers.
- Made judgment calls on the feasibility of technical solutions for client problems.
- Estimated levels of effort, provided timelines of completion, and identified likely pain points before the start of the project.
- Developed solutions with Apex Classes, Visualforce, batch and scheduled processing, web services, and REST/SOAP APIs.
- Worked as the technical lead on up to five concurrent projects without a technical supervisor.
- Oversaw data migration and integration for clients moving to Salesforce or integrating existing systems with Salesforce.
- Migrated data from legacy systems into Salesforce using Dataloader, Jitterbit, and other ETL tools.
- Worked remotely ninety percent of the time.
- Handled unit tests and deployment of new development on client projects.
- Produced technical documentation, both at the start of a project as a road map and at the conclusion of a project as a manual.
Salesforce Developer (Primary), Business Analyst (Secondary)
- Worked in an Agile team with two developers, a QA specialist, and a business analyst, in parallel with two other teams of similar size all contributing to one Salesforce production organization.
- Developed applications and solutions in the Force.com platform.
- Ensured appropriate security and sharing settings in an enterprise-scale (over 2,500 internal users and over 25,000 active partner users).
- Used the declarative customization of the Force.com platform whenever possible. Organized data and workflow for ease of use and appropriate collection of data for reporting.
Red Hat Partner Portalhttps://partnercenter.force.com/s/Homepage
Integrated with Google Maps API and Forecast.io API to create a weather forecast viewable from within the job record. Developed a scheduled process to log a historical weather record each day for active jobs
Users could also submit their costs for reimbursement from their employers or from government subsidies. There was also a payment portal that integrated with Authorize.net to allow ride members to pay their monthly portion of the ride costs online. The app included both a desktop interface and a mobile version.
Andersen Windows Support Redesignhttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GW4rj9k-fhfbwOFu0SgXVUBsVgEM0JCv
Visualforce, Lightning Components
Batch Apex, Lightning Design System, Lightning Communities, Field Service Lightning
Salesforce, Salesforce SOQL/SOSL, Salesforce 1
Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder, Salesforce Lightning, Apex Triggers, Salesforce Platform Developer I Certification, Salesforce Platform Developer II Certification, ApexPages, Apex Classes, Queueable Apex, Salesforce Apex, Salesforce Reports, Salesforce AppExchange, Communities
Salesforce REST API, Salesforce API, REST APIs
PhD (Incomplete) in Organic Chemistry
University of Tennessee - Knoxville
Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry
University of Tennessee - Knoxville
Salesforce Certified Sharing and Visibility Designer
Salesforce Platform Developer 2
Salesforce Platform Developer 1
Salesforce Platform App Builder
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring