Senior Full-stack Engineer | Architect2019 - PRESENTAnthem Healthcare
Technologies: AngularJS, MongoDB, Java, Node.js, React Native, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Software Architecture, Architecture, System Architecture Design, Mobile App Architecture, Web Application Architecture, jQuery, Git, REST APIs, TypeScript 3
- Helped design and build out a new messaging system allowing Anthem to send millions of SMS, push, and email notifications to clients every day. Was paramount to the infrastructure and software design architecture of this project.
- Helped build out the new engagement SDK kit in React Native. This kit provided a fully customizable set of tools including language and accessibility customizations for the corporate and Medicaid segments of the Anthem mobile Sydney application.
- Built / Upgraded numerous back-end API services to manage both front end and back end processing needs. This was done on both the SOA and DCS layers of Anthem's architecture.
- Worked closely to integrate Validic data streams into the Anthem Kafka environments. A Java bridge application was used to receive the stream and apply business logic before dumping it to Kafka for processing.
Contractor2019 - 2019Bentley Motor Car
Technologies: Express.js, React, Node.js, MongoDB, Architecture, System Architecture Design, Mobile App Architecture, Web Application Architecture, Software Architecture, jQuery, Git, REST APIs, TypeScript 3
- Built ETL process to consolidate data from other departmental APIs and data stores into reporting data island using MongoDB.
- Built and documented API for use in reporting Interface to be used by Sales and Support.
- Built API Interfaces using Express and wrote back end using Node.js.
Director of Engineering2019 - 2019Kaddra
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Redis, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, React Native, AWS, Express.js, Node.js, Software Architecture, Architecture, System Architecture Design, Mobile App Architecture, Web Application Architecture, jQuery, Git, REST APIs, TypeScript 3
- Architected and helped build a new generation of online shopping for high-end decerning clientele.
- Rebuilt the API layer to manage larger user loads. This was done using Node.js Express against a Postgres database. This made the product much easier to scale and maintain.
- Deployed the React Native application on iOS and Android to a new AWS-based China server. This required getting away from Airship for SMS-based messages and working with a new Chinese-based message provider among many other technical challenges.
- Fine-tuned the data models on Postgres to enforce referential integrity.
- Created a trigger-based update system so that data from Postgres could be mirrored in Elasticsearch drastically increase user access speeds for critical interface-based information.
- Implemented caching service on web servers to decrease response times on an ever-increasing mobile user base.
- Helped redesign ETL processes for new reporting platform into data lakes.
Director of Architecture2015 - 2019Cvent
Technologies: Couchbase, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, IIS, ASP.NET, React, Node.js, C#, Boot, Java, Software Architecture, Architecture, System Architecture Design, Web Application Architecture, jQuery, Git, REST APIs, TypeScript 3
- Rebuilt credit card encryption systems using AWS Secrets Manager with rotating keys.
- Managed team that verified and received PCI compliance on the billing system.
- Worked on enhancements to the CD (Continuous Deployment) pipeline using Jenkins and Git.
- Designed and built information consumer service for hotel feeds into group management back end.
- Built Sabre GDS hotel interface for Expedia, allowing for loading and purchasing of a hotel, rental car, and air fair.
- Built Airline processing bridge for PNR (Personal Name Record) processing of airline tickets.
- Managed corporate relationships with Amadeus, Apollo, Galileo, Sabre, Worldspan, and Pegasus.
- Rebuilt rate auditing system front end using Angular to offer a new "drill down" reporting experience for customers.
Contractor2015 - 2018CR Educational Services
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Node.js, Express.js, Angular, System Architecture Design, Web Application Architecture, Software Architecture, jQuery, Git, REST APIs
- Worked to build a reporting system for students taking the TExES 068 that needed training or waiver paperwork.
- Provided a Postgres database design that was populated from university systems on student details.
- Provided administrative Angular-based back end for data management and reporting.
- Build and documented API interface for Angular front end. Provided API backend interface for integration with Universities and Educational Service Centers.
Director of GDS Development2007 - 2015Lanyon, Inc.
Technologies: SSRS, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, ASP.NET, C#, Architecture, System Architecture Design, Web Application Architecture, Software Architecture, jQuery, Git, REST APIs
- Secured a United States patent that automated the rate audit process. Slashed audit processing time by 400%. Reduced the manual processing costs for hotel chains on a factor of 10 to 1.
- Increased the load rate accuracy for negotiated rate data by 30% on average for 700 corporations, 425 hospitality brands, and 93,000 properties worldwide.
- Realized $2 billion in hotel spend savings for corporate travelers. Searched for and secured the best rates on hotels and travel for corporate entities.
- Designed and built the first multi-GDS database verification system.
- Streamlined the database ETL process for latitude and longitude-based location reporting.