Senior Database Specialist2020 - PRESENTWoolworths New Zealand
Technologies: Docker, Windows PowerShell, Azure SQL, SQL
- Upgraded and migrated an on-premises SQL Server instance to Azure SQL Virtual Machines to enable the server to scale up for better user shopping online experience for about two million customers.
- Conducted optimization and performance tuning of a SQL Server instance. Refactored a query to reduce the execution time of a query from two minutes to 20 seconds.
- Containerized the SQL database instance to increase the developers' productivity.
Senior Data Engineer2019 - 2020Plexure
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL Databases, Redshift, AWS Lambda, AWS EMR, AWS Glue, PySpark, AWS, SQL, Azure
- Optimized the E2E data process and pipeline to reduce the overnight load from 16.5 hours to 4.5 hours, enabling presenting the reports to our key external business partners.
- Designed and developed data pipelines on Azure using Azure Data Factory to process 200 million users' sales data in order to meet the business's needs.
- Designed and developed data pipelines running on AWS using Pyspark, Glue, EMR, Lambda, and Redshift to process mobile app data for the key external customers.
Senior Managed Services BI Consultant2016 - 2019Altis Consulting
Technologies: Azure Data Factory, ETL Tools, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Python, AWS EMR, AWS Lambda, SQL, Azure
- Developed the data pipelines to extract, load, and transform 1,000,000 sales transaction data daily from CSV to Redshift database using AWS EMR and Lambda for a fast-food channel brand.
- Developed the data pipelines to extract, load, and transform signal data every five minutes sent via the signal tower API to the Azure SQL database, using Azure Data Factory to track the performance of the towers countrywide.
- Developed and maintained business intelligence solutions running on SSIS, SAP Data Services, and IBM Cognos for different companies within industries such as utilities, university, and transportation.
Database Developer2013 - 2016Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Corporation, Ltd.
Technologies: SAP BusinessObjects Data Service (BODS), SQL Server 2012, SQL
- Planned, designed, and implemented the SQL Server Enterprise platform (2012, 2014) to support $100 million business growth for the next three years.
- Designed and implemented a backup and restore strategy, data security strategy, data storage strategy, high availability (HA), and disaster recovery (DR) strategy.
- Monitored, troubleshot, and optimized the database system running on MSSQL Server (2000, 2005, 2008, 2012, 2014) and Azure SQL.
BI Developer | Data Warehouse Developer2010 - 2013Microsoft
Technologies: Business Intelligence (BI), SQL Server 2012, SQL
- Built and implemented different BI solutions for WoS reports, which helped the VP of the department track the inventory and forecast some products like Xbox One or Surface.
- Designed and implemented an E2E solution for a system to help supplier chain users track sales and delivery status for MS products (Surface). Designed and developed extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) to support data integration needs.
- Developed and optimized the database applications in SQL Server. Performed administrative tasks of the BI and ETL tools and assisted in the deployment of the application code.