Verified Expert in Engineering
QA Automation Developer
Siddharth is a software test engineer with around eight years of experience in test automation and quality assurance. He is proficient in Selenium, API testing, Python, and Java and focuses on creating very efficient and reliable testing solutions. Siddharth quickly adapts to project requirements and effectively collaborates with cross-functional teams to achieve project milestones and deliver consistent, high-quality software testing outcomes.
Windows, PyCharm, Git, Sublime Text, Linux, IntelliJ IDEA, Docker
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a test framework for a company that ranks among the top three ad exchanges in the world.
Test Automation Engineer
- Developed comprehensive component test frameworks from scratch for multiple Java microservices, utilizing Java, JUnit 5, REST Assured, MockServer, and Kafka to validate system functionality and enhance product stability.
- Designed and implemented a large suite of effective tests, successfully identifying bugs while adhering to strict time constraints and enhancing product reliability.
- Integrated the component test frameworks seamlessly with GitLab CI/CD, enabling rapid feedback loops and accelerated development cycles for improved overall efficiency.
- Participated actively in Agile Scrum ceremonies, collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive project progress and achieve project milestones.
- Contributed to continuous improvement initiatives by sharing best practices, refining processes, and troubleshooting complex issues to ensure the delivery of high-quality software solutions.
Senior Test Engineer
- Codeveloped an end-to-end test framework based on Python, Selenium, pytest, REST APIs, and a relational database.
- Integrated the test framework with Jenkins and Docker.
- Added the UI, API, and database tests using Selenium, Python Requests, and Python's database connector providing the end-to-end validation.
- Carried out the R&D and feasibility studies for various internal tools.
Software Testing Consultant
- Automated a part of regression test suite using Selenium and Python, which led to 60% savings in overall regression test efforts.
- Built the QA process in a project from the ground up. Developed and executed the QA strategy and plan.
- Led a team of three to help produce the highest standard of software quality. Delivered three releases with zero defect leakages.
- Helped streamline the overall process by proactively highlighting the anticipated challenges and recommending solutions.
- Designed the tests with comprehensive coverage of the requirements and design.
- Leveraged the use of Selenium and Excel macros to automate many tasks of the testing team, including test data creation and data validation which would often involve millions of records. This led to savings of £7,500 in the cost of testing efforts.
- Used Excel macros to help the team compare data and create test cases from a table of parameters leading to a 30% decrease in the required time for manual test efforts.
- Represented the testing team in defects resolution and coordination calls.
- Executed the tests across multiple platforms covering end-to-end flows, from the iPad app through Salesforce to a downstream system. Led the accessibility testing efforts.
Ad Exchange Server
I was initially an individual contributor but swiftly moved into a more central role, codeveloping a test framework primarily based on Python, Selenium, and pytest and adding more features and functionalities. I also developed custom libraries to make it easy to add the API and database tests enabling the end-to-end test coverage through the framework. Finally, I participated in the integration of the framework with Jenkins and Docker.
Customer Relationship Management Based on Salesforce
As the only QA engineer on the team, I built the QA process from scratch, developed and executed the QA strategy and plan, and led a group of three to deliver three back-to-back releases with zero defect leakage. I created a test framework based on Python and Selenium and automated a significant chunk of the regression test suite, which resulted in 60% savings in overall regressions test efforts.
Merchant Onboarding Platform for a Leading Bank in the UK
As an experienced member, I represented the QA team in defect resolution and coordination calls. To significantly increase the efficiency of the QA team, I leveraged the use of Selenium and Excel macros to automate many tasks of the QA process. I also led the test execution efforts across multiple platforms and oversaw accessibility testing.
Demo Framework Based on Selenium and Pytesthttps://github.com/mr-siddharth/nopAdminSelenium
• Effortlessly creating data-driven tests that load data from spreadsheets and write results back.
• Hassle-free WebDriver management that automatically downloads and caches all the required web-driver files for the installed browser versions.
• Automatic screenshot captures on test failure.
• Reporting feature that creates a separate folder for each test run containing logs, screenshots, and an HTML report.
• Selenium Grid integration that allows the tests to run simultaneously on instances of different browsers connected through Selenium Grid.
Selenium, Cypress, Spring, JUnit
Pytest, Git, Jira, HP Quality Center (QC), Postman, REST Assured, Jenkins, PyCharm, Sublime Text, Logging, GitLab CI/CD, IntelliJ IDEA
Software Testing, Test Automation, Manual Testing, Functional Testing, Automated Testing, Agile, Microservices, Testing, Page Object Model (POM), Data-driven Testing, Automation
API Testing, Quality Assurance (QA), Manual QA, Automated UI Testing, QA Testing, QA Automation, Defect Management, Scripting, Test Scripting, Scripting Languages, Automated API Testing, Web App Testing, Regression Testing, Algorithms, Data Structures, Software Testing Automation Framework (STAF), Component testing, Computer Science, Programming, Operating Systems, Theory of Computation, CI/CD Pipelines, Test Design, Excel Macros, Accessibility Testing, Digital Advertising, Advertising Technology (Adtech), UI Testing, MockServer, Web Components
REST APIs, Selenium Grid
Linux, Docker, Windows, Salesforce, Apache Kafka
Relational Databases, Database Testing
Postgraduate Diploma in Advanced Computing
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) - Pune, India
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and Engineering
University of Rajasthan - Jaipur, India