Slobodan is a senior web developer and programmer with over a decade of experience working on the web. He is passionate about Ruby and Ruby on Rails. He can work in different roles, ranging from an individual developer to tech lead and project manager.
ExperienceAgile Software Development - 15 yearsRuby on Rails (RoR) - 11 yearsRuby - 11 yearsAmazon Web Services (AWS) - 7 yearsHeroku - 7 yearsContinuous Integration (CI) - 7 yearsEmber.js - 3 yearsGo - 1 year
Vi, Git, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've done is refactor an existing app achieving 10x speed-up.
Director of Engineering
- Grew a team of Ruby developers.
- Mentored new developers.
- Provided tech guidance.
- Managed different projects.
Lead Developer and Project Manager
- Built a team of five developers.
- Mentored junior Ruby developers.
- Created a JSON service-based architecture for running multiple sites.
- Refactored most of the existing code.
- Created a Rails engine with common functionality shared by multiple sites.
- Streamlined the deployment process.
- Implemented performance improvements on yoga.info and ayurvedafinder.com.
Senior Ruby/Rails Engineer
- Optimized and further developed the Reciprocity gamification app.
- Worked on a Google sponsored GRC open source project.
- Implemented a new Refinery-based CMS for sonatype.com.
- Maintained opower.com.
- Worked from Google in Mountain View and SF.
Freelance Ruby/Rails Web Developer
- Freelanced on many different projects.
- Worked on BlueZeppelin.com, FormaxStore.com, EroticAd.com, and Kaufmax.rs.
CEO, Lead Developer, Co-founder
- Led a team of developers and designers.
- Handled project management tasks.
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Bootstrap, Ember.js
Devise, PayPal API, jQuery, Amazon API, Twitter API, jQuery UI
Jekyll, Git, GitHub Pages, GitHub, AWS IAM, Amazon Simple Email Service (SES), Amazon CloudFront CDN, Vim Text Editor, MacVim
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Model View Controller (MVC), Agile Software Development, Continuous Integration (CI), Test-driven Development (TDD)
MacOS, Heroku, Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ubuntu, Linux
MySQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), SQLite, PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, Memcached, NoSQL
PayPal, Machine Learning, Vi