- Implemented web pages using Vue.js.
- Implemented complex forms using Vue.js, Node, and GraphQL.
- Implemented storybook functionality for core components.
- Worked with the QA and dev team to implement new features.
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, GraphQL, Express.js, PostgreSQL, Node.js, React
- Implemented a client website with React, Node, Express, Postgres, and GraphQL.
- Implemented tests with Mocha.
- Deployed a website using AWS (ELB, RDS, S3, CloudFront, etc.).
- Migrated most of the existing code to ES6.
- Solved most of the existing bugs.
Full-stack Developer/Web Performance Engineer2017 - 2018Agoda.com
- Developed a proper testing framework to measure performance impact for the new features added to the website.
- Implemented the admin end of the website using the MEAN stack (MongoDB, Express, Angular, Node).
Full-stack Developer/Website Performance Engineer2016 - 2017Perfhack
- Developed a tool at Perfhack.com to test and analyze performance issues of any website completely by myself.
- Solved performance issues of more than fifty websites.
- Deployed a complete project to AWS and fine-tuned the architecture to support any kind of load.
Full-stack Developer2012 - 2017Freelance
- Managed and developed front-end and back-end code to produce custom client solutions.
- Worked with US-based senior management and implemented solutions according to their specifications.
- Implemented solutions using Microsoft and open source technologies.
- Coordinated the technical and business aspects of projects to maximize results.
- Improved database performance by solving major indexing problems.
- Offered support for production issues and performance problems on a day-to-day basis.
- Documented implementations to aid future code editing.
- Took part in various database modeling discussions.
- Migrated databases to newer versions of software as updates were made.
Full-stack Developer2015 - 2016Ford Consulting
- Implemented the application to withstand any kind of load using Amazon Web Services.
- Developed lots of new features for the existing charity racing software.
- Fixed many bugs during production rollout.
- Worked as a tester for various new features.
Full-stack Developer/CTO2013 - 2016Girik Info Solutions, Pvt., Ltd.
- Built an entire website.
- Designed the database architecture to support more than 8,000 concurrent users.
- Deployed the complete project to AWS.
- Fine-tuned the entire architecture of the system to support a heavy load.
Full-stack Developer2015 - 2015HFIN One (via Toptal)
Technologies: LAMP, jsPDF, wkhtmltopdf, PDFLib, PHP
- Implemented the conversion of an HTML, CSS, and HighCharts-based website into PDF format.
Full-stack Developer2012 - 2012MycareMedia
- Developed websites.
- Participated in discussions regarding website design, database modeling, and disaster recovery management issues.
- Successfully tackled major production issues as the team leader.
- Implemented MVC architecture to develop the website.
- Used Memcached in a LAMP-based architecture.
- Created customized solutions using several different open-source technologies.
Full-stack Developer2008 - 2012Freelance
- Designed highly scalable databases.
- Developed and led a team of front-end coders.
- Implemented solutions using Microsoft and open-source technologies.
- Coordinated with business analysts to create efficient solutions.
- Improved database performance by solving major indexing problems.
- Supported and managed production, development, and team issues on a day to day basis.
- Developed DTS and SSIS packages depending on client specifications and migrated DTS to SSIS.
- Participated in discussions regarding database modeling, changing table structures, and creating new tables.
- Migrated databases from one version to another as needed.
- Supported 24/7 production environments.
- Supported new production releases and documented guidelines for future releases.
- Created and managed replication services including transactional, log, and merge-related services.
Senior SQL DBA, Architect, Project Leader2006 - 2007Decore–Ative Specialties
Technologies: Database Mirroring, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Profiler, Oracle Backups, Oracle Fail Safe, Oracle Enterprise Manager (EM), SQL Server Management Studio, Tuning Advisory, Microsoft SQL Server
- Worked in a support capacity for production issues and performance problems.
- Solved most day-to-day production problems and helped developers in writing scripts.
- Solved most transactional replication problems and developed scripts to report problems by email.
- Migrated databases from SQL 2000 to 2005 using SQL 2005 Upgrade Advisor.
- Used SQL Management Studio and SQL Profiler to solve performance problems.
- Supported Congos Reports performance issues and developed new reports.
- Solved performance problems for most existing stored procedures and helped developers to create new stored procedures.
- Helped to successfully implement a clustering environment.
- Solved backup space issues by using new backup compression software, including SQLZip and SQLBackup.
- Supported and documented guidelines for new product releases.
- Participated in discussions regarding the conception of new projects.
Senior SQL DBA2005 - 2006Oakwood Worldwide
Technologies: Oracle DBA, Database Mirroring, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Profiler, SQL Server Management Studio, FileMaker Pro, Oracle, Diagnostics, Visual SourceSafe, Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server
- Implemented backup and recovery models for existing and new environments.
- Supported the implementation of transactional replication.
- Used reporting and analysis services effectively in production and data warehouse environments.
- Created active-passive clustering.
- Migrated some of the existing databases from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005.
- Used SQL Diagnostic Manager and SQL Profiler to address performance problems.
- Supported a 24/7 production environment.
- Installed SQL 2000 and SQL 2005 in different machines.
- Solved performance-related problems by implementing new code and changing existing code.
- Actively involved in all production rollouts and new patch installments.
- Used SQL Safe to address backup disk space problems.
- Controlled the total production environment performance problems using SQL Diagnostic Manager.
SQL DBA2005 - 2005Reynolds and Reynolds
Technologies: Reporting, SQL Server Profiler, Oracle Enterprise Manager (EM), Rational ClearQuest, Visual SourceSafe, Windows Server, SQL Server 2000
- Implemented new stored procedures for REPORT applications.
- Solved performance problems in existing stored procedures by adding clustered and non-clustered indexes.
- Designed new tables according to business standards.
- Addressed development problems by changing the existing code and implementing new code.
- Used SQL Profiler effectively to solve various performance problems.
- Supported front-end developers and coordinated meetings with them to solve existing problems.
- Involved in the release of Contact Management 3.1.
- Solved migration problems from CM 3.0 to 3.1.
- Used Visual Source Safe 6.0 and Rational Clear Quest 2003 effectively to change code for existing stored procedures.
- Solved various consumer problems and maintained excellent relationships with clients.
SQL DBA2004 - 2005Midwest Independent Transmission System Operator
Technologies: TIBCO, Reporting, SQL Server Profiler, Oracle Enterprise Manager (EM), Oracle, Windows Server, SQL Server 2000
- Scheduled and maintained backup and recovery plans.
- Used SQL Profiler effectively to optimize stored procedures.
- Supported TIBCO applications and increased performance efficiency.
- Implemented active-passive clustering to solve failover problems.
- Reduced the data accessing time of the TIBCO applications from the SQL database.
- Used DTS for transmission of data between different sources.
- Heavily involved in project planning and testing.
- Supported the production environment and efficiently fixed various bugs.
- Altered stored procedures.
- Reported code reviews and backup plans every two weeks to the project manager.
- Maintained excellent relationships with clients.