SQL Team Lead2011 - PRESENTEOH Microsoft Coastal (via Old Mutual)
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, Microsoft SQL Server Integration Service 2008 R2 (SSIS), Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 R2 (SSRS), Visual Studio 2012, Team Foundation Services 2013, Agile Scrum Methodology
- Lead a custom dev team of 8 SQL developers in the financial sector, which consists of a front-end, back-end, support, and data warehousing.
- Migrate 300GB of data from one source system to another, necessitating control checks and optimization for timely completion.
- Help with the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of Old Mutual Wealth.
- Develop a Valuation Recon Extract process that recons all the transactions for a financial year that were loaded against what should have been loaded and reports the recon to the CAs.
- Upgrade all the old legacy DTS packages into SSIS.
- Upgrade SQL from 2000 to 2008 R2.
- Assist and implement a variety of other, smaller projects.
Senior SQL Programmer2008 - 2011Kalahari.com
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server 2005, Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Integration Services (SSIS)
- Developed the whole component used to load marketplace products onto the website using SQL & SSIS.
- Assisted in the extension of the website to Kenya and Nigeria as well SQL & SSIS implementation.
- Contributed to the development of the Parcel Tracking system that gets used to inform the warehouse of completed packages and assign the Track&Trace number they were associated by the warehouse to the corresponding parcels. The pallets that get sent to either Kenya or Nigeria get labeled with an auto-generated commercial invoice and the parcels within get assigned the associated tracking numbers.
- Fixed issues that arose either from the website, tools, stock systems, warehouse issues, and anything else SQL-related.
- Coded in SQL Server 2005 (back-end).
- Created and managed store procedures.
- Created and managed SQL Server agent jobs.
- Created and managed SQL Server integration service packages.
IT System Developer2007 - 2008Morvest PremiumIdeas
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Microsoft Access Professional 2000/2003 with VB
- Responsible for all modification, enhancement, and change to the global program, which controlled the whole production flow process, and which was already written in Access combined with VB as a front-end and SQL as a back-end. This program provides the user with a variety of options (tasks) depending on the production flow area they are working in and what task they require.
- Coded in SQL Server 2000 (back-end).
- Coded in Microsoft Access Professional 2000/2003 combined with VB (front-end).
- Performed all IT supervisor duties.
- Provided comprehensive helpdesk support.
User Administrator/Developer2006 - 2006MIH Internet Africa (Naspers) - Media24
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Microsoft Visual Studio .Net 2003 doing ASP.Net in C#
- Maintained dynamic features, including the ability to add/edit/delete departments, users, and user permissions including status as a department manager, from a website that needed to be stable and working 100% or give an appropriate error message if an error occurs.
- Coded in SQL Server 2000 and in Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 doing ASP.NET in C#.