Verified Expert in Engineering
Web Services Developer
Steven is a senior web developer with over 15 years of experience using the Microsoft technology stack. Much of Steven's experience has been spent developing heavily data-driven web applications utilizing strong SQL development skills. Steven's worked in small groups and corporate environments on a variety of projects from maintaining and optimizing legacy applications to planning and developing new applications.
ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web Forms, VB.NET, C#, REST APIs, Git, TFS, SQL Server Management Studio, Visual Studio, Windows
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was a website for managing and displaying SSRS reports. The site managed report data files, users, and user security.
Senior Web Developer
- Supported data-driven websites for specialty pharmacies for the Lash Group which provides patient services as part of AmerisourceBergen, one of the largest pharmaceutical distributors in the United States.
- Oversaw and was responsible for external websites for doctor’s offices, patients, and pharmaceutical sales reps, as well as internal websites for managing data related to the external websites.
- Served as the lead developer for websites supporting both external and internal users in an Agile work environment.
- Acted as a subject matter expert for offshore resources for both development and testing.
- Worked directly with many areas of the business—assisting product owners in setting timelines, business analysts in requirements gathering, testers in setting up test cases and bug reports, and release management in coordinating deployments.
- Developed electronic signatures—populating PDF documents with data entered from a website. Then sending the documents to a third-party vendor so users can sign the documents on our websites.
- Worked on electronic prior authorization—sending data via a JSON service to a third party vendor so users could use their form library and tracking the response data.
- Maintained and enhanced electronic prescription web service integration. Developed updates to the web service itself as well as integration into websites for different clients.
- Developed intranet websites that allowed users to review data before it gets pushed into the CRM system.
Senior Web Developer
- Developed enhancements to Primo Water's existing internal tools for data management. Primo Water is the leading provider of self-service purified water and water dispensers in North America.
- Developed applications for tracking water meters, managing logistical data across the United States, and Canada, as well as tracking shipments to and from customers.
- Worked on UPS shipment tracking—sending and receiving data via a UPS web service to track shipments from the website and in SQL procedures.
- Supported intranet applications for managing water meter readings. The data was fixed once it was committed so that the tools had to support auditing data.
- Updated and optimized T-SQL stored procedures for processing financial data.
- Managed internal business website—they were used for tracking sales, inventory, distribution, and more.
Senior Web Developer
- Created database reports using SSRS as well as creating an internal portal for managing SSRS reports. TheraCom was a specialty pharmacy distributor providing custom solutions to pharmaceutical companies.
- Created and optimized SSRS reports to meet requirements provided by business analysts.
- Built a SSRS reporting portal for viewing and managing SSRS reports. The site would parse XML files and store them in the database. Then used that data to allow users to input parameter values and view reports.
Programmer Analyst 2
Guilford County Schools
- Served as the primary developer, supporting the human resources department with managing employee information. Guilford County Schools is one of the largest school districts in North Carolina.
- Built an employee self-service portal—created a portal for employees to look up information, e.g., pay stubs or current information on file with human resources.
- Managed data feeds between AS400 databases and Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- Implemented general reporting and data management for the human resources department.
- Developed a field trip manager website for tracking bus availability.
Fourth Factor Technology Services
- Worked for Fourth Factor Technology Services: a small privately owned company that provides technology solutions to a variety of businesses, from small local shops to large corporations.
- Provided tech support for local businesses, built storefront websites, created internal solutions for managing employee benefits, and worked on public-facing corporate websites.
- Created an employee phone program: a system for tracking employee phone usage. The company had it's own internal phone policy so we parsed phone records to calculate employee phone usage to compare to their allotted plans.
- Built an event-planning portal: a website to book and manage flights and hotel rooms for a company trade show.
- Developed an intranet photo gallery: a web-based tool for tagging and managing images.
- Worked on an employee rewards program which included building a site for tracking an internal employee rewards program and allowed users to view their rewards and track progress.
Data Warehouse Web and API Development for RtChexhttps://www.rtchex.net/
Healthcare Provider Portals
Security is very important for these sites. Users must only be able to view their own patient information. HIPAA violations are always a concern and controlling who can view what data is vital.
Clients included companies like Bayer, Janssen, Lundbeck, and more.
SSRS Reporting Portal
These reports are then stored in the database and made available to users based on their approved security groups. Reports are viewed on the SSRS reporting portal itself or on other websites based on the security roles assigned to the reports.
UPS Return Tracking
This process used UPS web services to monitor the data. The UPS services were called from MS SQL stored procedures as well as websites. The UPS services returned XML data and that XML data was then parsed and stored in the database.
Employee Self-service Portal
There were management tools for HR administrators to view and edit employee information. Administrators were also able to manage notifications and set the active dates for notifications.
Quota Tracking System for Marketing Surveys
ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web Forms, ASP.NET Web API, Angular, Knockout (Knockout.js)
jQuery, Web API, REST APIs
Git, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, Visual Studio, TFS, Adobe, Postman, Adobe Photoshop, SourceTree, Slack
Model View Presenter (MVP), Model View Controller (MVC), Agile, REST
Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MySQL
Web Services, PDF, AS400, Regular Expressions
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science
North Carolina State University - Raleigh, NC, USA