Verified Expert in Engineering
Strahinja has over six years of experience in iOS development. He mainly worked with telecommunication providers in Eastern Europe and significant newsreader applications for the Balkan region. He is passionate about clean and minimalistic designs and believes every UX can be intuitive.
Xcode, Zeplin, MacOS, Figma
The most amazing...
...project I've developed is a complex registration process with more than 15 different flows with only a few user experiences.
Mem (via Toptal)
- Developed an in-app note-taking editor with markdown, comments, links, media files, and more.
- Created a share sheet for the app, which handles image sharing, text sharing, and URL sharing.
- Built almost 100% of the app using only SwiftUI components.
DeepScribe (via Toptal)
- Developed a view that represents live audio input in the form of sound waves.
- Worked on a Mac Catalyst app and developed complex UI components that worked on both iPad and Mac.
- Developed and implemented a complete network layer supporting older API calls.
In the Barn (via Toptal)
- Rewrote the entire application storyboards to support all mobile as well as iPad devices.
- Implemented Google, Apple, and Facebook sign-in methods.
- Designed and developed ad listing pages for many different ad categories.
- Implemented native APIs such as geolocation, background fetching, and background uploading.
- Set up a new architecture to clear the technical debt and established tests and documentation.
- Developed many telecommunication applications for the Balkan region.
- Rewrote the entire network layer to a SAP back end.
- Developed a custom library for galleries, that apart from photos, support native video content, YouTube videos, ads, custom views, and more.
- Developed a custom library for location services, that provides an easy way to work with location-related functionalities.
- Developed a mechanism for theme switching on an existing application that works with a system theme and allows other developers to support light and dark-themed versions of future views with ease.
- Analyzed and later created a plan for analytics that was implemented by the entire mobile team.
- Developed an entire application in the Combine framework.
- Created an entire bill payment process that communicates with the bank for telecommunication applications.
- Developed complex registration processes that worked seamlessly with deep linking and keychain.
- Handled releases of 10+ applications weekly and spent many hours talking with Apple.
- Provided a framework with flexible high-level features, reducing boilerplate code to a minimum.
- Developed and optimized most of the UI elements and animations.
- Performed a high number of UI optimizations so that the app could be installed on a lot of lower-end devices.
- Designed back-end services that were later implemented in the application.
- Implemented many external libraries to speed up the developing process to meet the deadline.
- Developed many newsreaders applications for the Balkan region.
- Worked on the complex video player which seamlessly integrates inside news applications. It uses AVKit in basic implementation and JWPlayer in some implementations that required video ads.
- Implemented a continuous integration/continuous delivery system that works with Slack commands, which made it easier for managers/quality assurance engineers to upload builds without developers' help.
- Rewrote one of the apps entirely from Objective-C to Swift.
- Implemented deep linking, push notifications, and an ad (banner) system for external links.
- Implemented both Google (Firebase) and Gemius analytics.
- Developed a mechanism that helps with the application localization and localization itself, as most of the applications were multilanguage.
- Designed and later developed a custom iPad version for one of the applications.
- Worked with many weather forecast API's that were used in newsreader applications.
This was one of the first apps that I developed. I rewrote it from Objective-C to Swift, and afterward, I developed both major versions from scratch, first in MVC, and then second in MVVM with RxSwift, as it was a perfect chance for me to dive into the reactive world.
Mondo was flagship app in the company that I worked in, so it had all features of previously developed newsreader applications, but polished to perfection.
Mein Mtel Austriahttps://apps.apple.com/us/app/mein-mtel-austria/id1091989686
Camps With Friendshttps://apps.apple.com/us/app/camps-with-friends/id1479344005
I acted as an iOS developer working with the AWS back end.
In the Barn
Swift, GraphQL, HTML, CSS
Cocoa Touch, SwiftUI, Core Data, iOS SDK, UIKit, Catalyst
Alamofire, CocoaPods, RxSwift, RxCocoa, Lottie-iOS, Firebase iOS SDK, Fabric
Git, SourceTree, Jira, Xcode, Terminal, Zeplin, Photoshop CC, Postman, Crashlytics, Figma
Agile Software Development, VIPER Architecture, MVC Design, Clean Architecture, Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), Model View Controller (MVC)
iOS, MacOS, Parse, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux
Cloud Firestore, NoSQL, MySQL, Firebase Realtime Database
Notification Center, Push Notifications, Deep Linking, Combine, Material Design, Lottie, Apollo
Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering
Information Technology School - Belgrade, Serbia