Suhail Singh Bains
Verified Expert in Engineering
Suhail is a talented MuleSoft professional passionate about updating, refreshing, and modernizing legacy architecture. He developed a safety app that sends information to the local police with the touch of a button, providing a link to the IMEI number for tracking and a timestamp of the location. Suhail has contributed to MuleSoft documents and communities, giving countless presentations and talks on Azure, GitHub, and MuleSoft, inspiring others to work with MuleSoft and Salesforce technologies.
MuleSoft, Windows, Unix, Linux, MacOS, Android, iOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a MuleSoft app, leading SQL to HDFS integration with colleagues: we won Best Applied Computing at University of Windsor's demo day.
Site Reliability Engineering Specialist (Student)
- Designed and built Confluence and Jira automation to streamline workflows, increase efficiency, reduce the time required for documentation creation, facilitate the movement of Jira tasks, and enhance monitoring through updating wiki pages.
- Successfully implemented Terraform upgrades on various lab and production services as a collaborative team member, effectively resolving any unforeseen issues that arose during the process.
- Conducted foundational work for the upgrade from Ubuntu 18 to Ubuntu 20, thoroughly evaluated the compatibility of components and versions for five services, and produced comprehensive documentation detailing steps taken and the final version.
- Architected and developed Confluence and Jira automation applications for internal employees to reduce documentation effort, move Jira tasks to the next steps, and enhance monitoring through updating wiki pages. This application could run via two methods.
- Executed foundational work for the upgrade from Ubuntu 18.04 to Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.
- Evaluated the compatibility of components and versions for five products and produced comprehensive documentation detailing the steps taken and final recommendations, which will be used for future upgrades.
- Used this document to successfully upgrade a core application by guiding another employee and executed a Jenkins job for production testing.
Associate Enterprise ETL Developer
- Architected the data warehouse sync by converting and pushing CSV files from a self-created FTP server into a SQL server. Scheduled and executed EXE file on a Windows server located in London using MuleSoft integration.
- Resolved issues in the pipeline for syncing SFDC data (contacts, contracts, etc.) to NetSuite and SyncBack.
- Identified and fixed a critical flaw related to writing file names using ObjectStore in a Concourse pipeline.
Software Development Intern
- Designed and executed MuleSoft batch jobs to ensure seamless Firebase data backup.
- Built a customer website for revolutionary blockchain tech using Spring Boot and InVisionApp UI designs.
- Reused the server for a cross-platform React Native and Flutter mobile app on iOS.
- Initiated Selenium and Jest tests for automated testing, increasing efficiency by 90% for product design testers. Implemented async/await for user input in certain scenarios.
- Contributed to data management by developing MuleSoft solutions for the Firebase backup.
Django Developer Intern
CFEES - Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO)
- Developed a robust inventory management system for streamlined operations.
- Successfully deployed the system on the DRDO CFEES server for efficient access and security.
- Implemented an on-premise solution to ensure reliable inventory tracking and management.
Web Development Intern
Finalytics Commercial Technologies Pvt Ltd.
- Migrated a Java application to a React framework, enhancing user experience and leveraging modern web technologies.
- Revamped Java data structures, transforming strings, structs, etc., into JSON objects for improved efficiency.
- Developed new API calls during the migration, ensuring seamless integration and functionality in the updated system.
- Designed and developed a cross-platform application using Xamarin, enabling drivers to interact seamlessly across multiple platforms.
- Created an Android app using Java, providing a robust and native user experience for Android device users.
- Empowered drivers with an intuitive interface and essential functionalities through the application, enhancing their efficiency and productivity.
Data Integration with MuleSofthttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYNHkUzoPEI
More information about the project here:
Women Safety Apphttps://github.com/suhailsinghbains/Women-Safety-App
This app enables detailed information to be quickly and easily transmitted to the authorities in case of emergencies. It has two buttons; one is yellow, the other red. Pressing the yellow button is for non-emergency situations such as taking a wrong turn and making a note of where you are. Pressing the red button is for true emergencies and sends information to the local police department with a text and link. That link, when opened, will show a Google Map along with markers and details of the corresponding user along with their comments.
-Ability to add personalized comments.
-IMEI number tracking along with a timestamp of each location.
-Table is shown in PostgresSQL.
-Easy large-scale implementation.
Contributed to Open Source [Mozilla]https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/
I contributed to this project and started a community to engage my college students to further contribute to it.
Source code: https://github.com/mozilla/addons-frontend/
WAV to MIDI Converter Websitehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qArRpTn-FEQ
• Users can conveniently input a WAV file, and the resulting MIDI file is efficiently stored using Supabase.
• Implemented an aesthetically pleasing website design based on the Material theme.
• Successfully completed the entire project within an impressive two-day timeframe, surpassing the initially set two-week deadline.
E-learning Web Apphttps://github.com/COMP8347/Django_Project
Appium, Django, Spring Boot, Redux, React Native, Flutter, Materialize
React, Salesforce REST API, Node.js, REST APIs, Salesforce API, Python API, Terragrunt, Vue
Anypoint Studio, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Visual Studio, Jira, Git, GitHub, Travis CI, Terraform, Chef, Confluence, GitLab, GitLab CI/CD, InVision, Salesforce CPQ
MuleSoft, Salesforce, Android, Azure, Linux, Unix, Windows, Microsoft, Xamarin, Mule ESB, MacOS, iOS, Jakarta EE, Docker, Mule Runtime Engine, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
PostgreSQL, Data Integration, DB, On-premise, SQLite, JSON
APIs, Chrome Extensions, Message Queues, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Frameworks, Machine Learning, Data Transformation, DataWeave, Browser Plugins, Full-stack, CSV, Middleware, API Gateways, Architecture, Community, Teams, Integration, API Integration, Cloud, Infrastructure, Scripting, Springbot, Authentication, iPaaS, SAP, Supabase, Models
Agile, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), DevOps, Continuous Delivery (CD), ETL
Master's Degree in Master of Applied Computing
University of Windsor - Windsor, ON, Canada
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and Engineering
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University - New Delhi, India
Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals
MuleSoft Certified Developer (4)
MuleSoft Certified Platform Architect
MuleSoft Certified Developer (4)