Freelancer2018 - PRESENTSelf-employed
Technologies: Rust, Python, Go
- Developed high-performance Rust code for a cryptocurrency startup.
- Mentored beginner programmers in Python and experienced industry professionals in learning Go and helped them find better career opportunities.
Product and Infrastructure Engineer2015 - 2018Remind
Technologies: Go, Ruby, Node.js, React, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redis, GraphQL
- Built a one-way messaging and two-way chat system connecting over 30 million teachers and students, with users in almost every school in the US.
- Designed and implemented many large-scale infrastructure changes to support the growing user-base and engineering organization, e.g., migrating from PostgreSQL to DynamoDB and introducing GraphQL.
- Led the development of Remind for Schools program, which gave bulk controls and reporting to school administrators.
- Kept the infrastructure running healthily at all hours of the day, by setting up monitoring graphs and alerts.
- Made major organization-wide improvements to the developer testing, continuous integration, and error reporting pipelines.
Senior product engineer2015 - 2015SocialChorus
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Backbone.js, TDD, XP (Extreme Programming)
- Maintained a web-based employee outreach SaaS, used by very large companies like Coca-Cola and Target.
- Performed a seamless data migration off of a niche and hard-to-use datastore called CouchDB onto the standard PostgreSQL.
- Worked in a full-time pair programming environment.
- Implemented and maintained front-end and back-end features using Ruby on Rails and Backbone.js.
Software Lead2010 - 2014Yelp
Technologies: Python, Microservices, MySQL
- Led the development of Yelp’s consumer line of products, including Yelp deals, gift certificates, and food delivery.
- Coordinated large team projects.
- Pioneered more efficient and code organization methods for the 200-person engineering team.
- Improved the performance of the in-house email delivery pipeline.
Corporate IT, Internal Tools2009 - 2010Sogeti USA
Technologies: Linux, Oracle, Python, PHP, WordPress, Django, CMS
- Rebuilt the company website, which had previously been built in Microsoft Frontpage and was maintained by a single developer, into a CMS which the marketing department could update themselves.
- Implemented a web-based single site authentication system that worked on top of Active Directory.
- Administered Linux and Solaris servers.
- Built internal tools like wikis and blogs so that different branches could share information with each other.
- Developed an internal employee catalog which synchronized data between Microsoft Exchange and Oracle E-Business Suite.