Virtual Reality (VR) Developer
Tade is a creative Unity developer. He utilizes Unity to develop games, augmented reality and virtual reality experiences. Being one of very few accomplished Unity developers in his home country, he has had the opportunity to work on very diverse and innovative solutions. An example of this would be leVRn which is a VR solution backed by the UNICEF Innovation Fund that aims at solving education problems in Nigeria.
Unity, Blender, WebStorm, JetBrains Rider, ARCore, ARKit
The most amazing...
...innovation I've spearheaded was solving the formerly impossible task of using a Leap Motion Controller (hand tracker) with mobile driven VR.
- Developed tooling used to create AR filters with face tracking, body tracking, and a whole assortment of features.
- Contributed to the development of the Filta app that is used to preview, buy, and sell AR filters.
- Set up a server-side Unity instance running on AWS that is used to create asset bundles on the cloud for the packaging and distribution of AR filters.
- Worked with DoubleTap software to develop Soccer Battle, a real-time multiplayer soccer game played by over a million people worldwide. Contributed to the implementation of gameplay, networking, and social features.
- Developed solely Water Bubble, an amazing 2D arcade game on iOS and Android with 10,000+ downloads and a 4.8 rating.
- Led the development of Kanji Drive, a VR driving school simulator that was selected as a part of Facebook's Accelerator Program.
- Cooperated with digital marketing agencies to develop games and VR experiences that increased their clients' outreach.
- Implemented the entire UI design for RADiCAL Studios, a real-time motion capture desktop app.
- Handled the encryption of data files pertaining to motion capture data.
- Designed an interactive scene to help visualize 3D animation data recorded from motion capture.
- Implemented many new features for Soccer Battle. These include social features like friend request system, chatting between friends, tracking and displaying previous match history, recovery accounts and many more.
- Fixed numerous gameplay bugs including networking issues, animation bugs, and others.
- Introduced new processes that enabled fluid work between members. This included various Git practices, Unity practices, and even build/deployment practices.
Virtual Reality Mentor/Reviewer
- Mentored over 50 students in virtual reality development.
- Reviewed multiple student VR projects with relevant feedback that enabled them to improve in their learning.
- Created and hosted VR related webinars that further improved the learning experience of students.
Lead VR Developer
- Led the development of every AR/VR project, including games, educational experiences, and others.
- Managed a team of five to organize and conduct bimonthly AR/VR meetups that taught an average of 100 participants different AR/VR practices.
- Led a team of five, which included a researcher, a developer, and a designer in the development of leVRn, which was a VR project solving educational problems in Nigeria. It was in the UNICEF Innovation Fund Cohort.
- Provided mentorship for selected AR/VR fledgling developers.
VR Baseball Simulatorhttps://youtu.be/HayoOe-M4GY
leVRn-Concepts: Time Relativityhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Gazuntype.leVRnConcepts&hl=en_US
I was also the lead developer for the entire experience.
Get it on iOS and Android.
I implemented many interesting features in Soccer Battle, including a friend request system, chatting with your teammates, match history, and many more.
It is currently "impossible" to use Leap Motion with the Gear VR (using Unity 3D). You can't plug in Leap to the phone or the gear and access its data from there. Furthermore, Leap Motion's Android SDK is (as of this writing) in alpha (invite-only, with invites closed). Gear-VR-Leap Unity solves this.
Spark AR Birthday Filterhttps://youtu.be/4siTyOGuysU
What's amazing about this project was that it was my first time using Spark AR, and I completed it in one night (the night before his birthday), illustrating my ability to assimilate new technology.
Ludix: Battle of the Lakehttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.projectft.ludix&hl=en
Unity, Unity3D, ARKit
Google VR, SteamVR, Firebase, Oculus, ARCore, Google Daydream, Vuforia, Oculus Rift
Game Development, Mobile Game Development, Virtual Reality (VR), HTC Vive, Oculus Go, User Interface (UI), Game Design
Prisma, JetBrains Rider, WebStorm, Blender, Google VR SDK, Trello, Git
Mobile Game Design
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering
University of Lagos - Lagos, Nigeria
Certified Virtual Reality Developer