Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Engineering Developer
Tafsuth is a highly efficient and dedicated professional with a broad software and data engineering skillset. Her career assignments have ranged from building real-time prediction pipelines for startups to leading project teams and designing and maintaining large data lakes for Fortune 500 companies. Tafsuth is interested in helping businesses make data-driven decisions, and she enjoys sharing her knowledge by mentoring engineers.
The most amazing...
...thing I've created is a pipeline to validate the format and the content of millions of events coming from a mobile app in real time.
Pricing Engineering Manager
- Rewrote the legacy pricing engine from scratch with my team.
- Created the team from scratch to maintain and evolve the new engine.
- Developed tools to monitor the performance and worked with product owners to enhance the engine.
Data Engineering Manager | Tech Lead
- Designed, wrote, and maintained real-time streaming pipelines, enriching and aggregating raw data coming from multiple different sources.
- Implemented and designed a service to be able to predict and prevent users' bad behaviors in real-time.
- Got rid of third-party data synchronization and transformation pipelines by writing our own custom pipelines.
- Managed a team of four data engineers and did carrier reviews and handling rituals.
- Communicated with stakeholders and data analysts and data scientists to monitor the success of new initiatives.
- Advocated on schema management across the whole company.
- Provided tools to generate schemas, used them to validate the mobile messages; handled enrichment, storage, and exposition.
Jada Gaming SL
- Developed streaming applications to allow the integration of customers into a CRM.
- Developed streaming applications to trigger CRM journeys based on user's accomplishments.
- Handled communication between my team and all the other departments.
Senior Software Engineer
- Built real-time accurate network state view of physical, logical, and service topologies for telco operators.
- Oversaw the full CI/CD infrastructure automation, deploying to Kubernetes.
- Leveraged graph databases for storage and exposition.
- Designed and built a data lake that would store daily stock exchange orders.
- Built pipelines allowing real-time data enrichment with Apache Ignite.
- Met with stakeholders and translated their business needs into technical specifications.
- Managed high-volume databases (SQLServer and Oracle).
- Worked on the development and evolution of BI infrastructures (SSIS).
- Did data analysis and development of reporting exposed on a web portal (SSRS).
Real-time Event Validation
My responsibility was to replicate what the Confluent Schema registry does but with JSON (at that time the JSON validation wasn't handled by the Confluent tool).
SQL, Java 8, Scala, Java, Go, Python
Kafka Streams, Apache Avro, Redshift Spectrum, ScalaTest, Apache Airflow, GitHub, Apache Maven, SBT, Mesos, Spark SQL, Apache Ignite, Cloudera, Shell, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS)
Business Intelligence (BI)
Apache Kafka, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, MacOS, JVM, Dataiku, Kubernetes, Oracle, Azure
Redshift, Databases, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Relational Databases, Database Management, PostgreSQL, HDFS, SQL Server 2000, Cassandra
Data, Big Data, Data Engineering, Data Analysis, Data Modeling, Data Analytics, Modeling, Data Warehousing, CI/CD Pipelines, Shell Scripting, Data Architecture, Data Build Tool (dbt), Finance, SSIS Custom Components, Springbot
Spark, Marathon, Hadoop
REST APIs, Circe
Master's Degree in Information Systems
Paris Dauphine University - Paris