Verified Expert in Engineering
Tamar is an expert engineering professional with several years of experience as a back-end developer. Skilled in functional and object-oriented programming, scalable application development, RESTful APIs, and distributed applications (microservices), she is also familiar with Agile software development and the Agile and Scrum methodology. Tamar has developed applications in medicine/healthcare, e-learning, and transportation, including taxi fleets.
Git, Heroku, RubyMine, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS, Ubuntu Linux
The most amazing...
...project I've worked is an application that makes it easier for customers to access healthcare services.
- Built an integration for PayPal, enabling sellers on our platform to offer their products via PayPal.
- Built a multi-payment gateway feature, allowing the sellers to connect with PayPal and Stripe. This solution covered seller onboarding processes as well as buyer payment functionalities.
- Undertook a strategic refactoring of legacy functions to align with evolving business requirements. This exercise optimized codebase efficiency, streamlined operations, and prepared the system for future scalability.
- Architected a feature for discounts and coupons. This allowed sellers to design promotional campaigns by creating custom discounts and enabled buyers to avail of these promotions during product purchases.
- Led feature dev from ideation to support, including course ratings, business logic additions, and integrations (e.g., Zapier, Zoom). Managed full-cycle deployment.
- Regularly reviewed Heroku metrics to ensure optimal app scalability and performance, efficiently scaling resources in response to demand. Implemented best practices in database optimization and query reduction based on insights from the Heroku metric.
- Conducted detailed codebase audits to identify areas for optimization and spearheaded the initiatives to refactor them, leading to more maintainable and scalable software.
- Managed Heroku deployments: configured env vars, integrated add-ons (schedulers, mailers, Papertrail), monitored performance metrics, handled database migrations, optimized resources, and ensured security. Collaborated for smooth CI/CD pipelines.
- Monitored application performance using New Relic, leading to the identification of potential bottlenecks before they impacted users. Built a series of alerting mechanisms using NR, ensuring rapid response to any unexpected app behavior or downtime.
- Guided junior developers; provided code reviews and ongoing support.
- Built an integration for the Department for Transport UK. (RoR, PostgreSQL, PostGIS, Sidekiq).
- Developed an integration for MapIt UK. (RoR, PostgreSQL, PostGIS).
- Constructed an integration for Survey Monkey. (RoR, PostgreSQL).
Software Development Team Lead
- Built a healthcare system for searching/booking a doctor's appointment, searching/buying medications, and receiving/using referrals and prescriptions (Ruby, PostgreSQL, AWS, and Elasticsearch). Considered using GDPR within the system.
- Developed an enterprise resource planning software solution for pharmacies to manage warehouses, financial modules, and integrations to external systems, including a detailed logging module (Ruby, PostgreSQL, GraphQL, Heroku, and Redis).
- Constructed a document flow system for companies to manage the flow of ordering and receiving resources (Ruby, PostgreSQL, and RabbitMQ).
- Created a healthcare system for patients and hospital medical chart registration (Ruby, PostgreSQL).
- Built a software system that enables users to create and manage their targeted campaigns on the monitors of taxi cabs (Scala, Akka HTTP, and Couchbase).
- Implemented a microservice that collects GPS information and calculates the data regarding taxi-cab mileage and work hours (Scala, Akka, Couchbase, and Play Framework).
- Developed a page for live-streaming monitor content and the current location of taxi cabs (Scala, Akka, Couchbase, and Play Framework).
- Implemented a router that connects services and devices. According to a published protocol, the router receives commands from services, translates the commands from services to devices, and back from devices to services.
• Book an appointment with your preferred doctor
• Receive medical services without waiting in a line
• Search for medications
• Receive electronic prescriptions, referrals, diagnoses, and letters of guarantee
• Buy and receive medications from home
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Swagger, Akka, Play Framework
REST APIs, Stripe, Stripe API, Sidekiq, PayPal API, Stripe Connect, API Development
GitHub, Bitbucket, RubyMine, Git, Jira, Amazon Simple Email Service (SES), Amazon ElastiCache, RSpec, Logstash, Kibana, RabbitMQ, AWS Glue, Papertrail
Agile Software Development, RESTful Development, Microservices, Scrum
Heroku, Ubuntu Linux, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon Web Services (AWS), MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), New Relic, Mailgun
PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, NoSQL, Couchbase, Microsoft SQL Server, Redis, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Redshift, MySQL, PostGIS
GitFlow, Web Development, Amazon Route 53, APIs, Back-end, Code Review, Technical Hiring, Source Code Review, Task Analysis, Interviewing, Team Management, Stripe Payments, Akka HTTP, Domain-driven Design (DDD), PayPal, Payment APIs, Stripe Subscriptions, Job Schedulers, Third-party Integration
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and Mathematics
Free University of Tbilisi - Tbilisi, Georgia