HTML Developer in La Celle Dunoise, France
Front-end Engineer2015 - PRESENTToptal
- Contracted to work on the Toptal platform itself, using React.js and Flux architectures for a year now. I believe React.js and Redux are a big step forward to build performant, maintainable, modular, and testable interfaces.
- Worked on a big online learning platform (a seven-month contract using Redux), overseeing all React/Redux environment challenges, including normalizing/denormalizing data, CRUD async reducers/actions, and Auth.
- Created internal dashboards and business interfaces (with Reflux) as well as pixel-perfect pages with more than 100 components (lots of data to display).
- Created an Eventbrite-like app (with Redux) to extend the capabilities of Eventbrite, giving users the possibility to manage entry at the door of the event from a smartphone.
- Created a highly efficient and small React-Redux app embedded in iFrame for Filespin, an upload/viewer file service. Small footprint, using pure CSS and Redux/React without other dependencies (app weight 80kb gzipped).
Web Software Developer2011 - PRESENTFreelance
- Produced a complete interactive web documentary in Colombia. (www.pregonerosdemedellin.com).
- Created enterprise apps to for inventory and time management in a cardboard factory.
- Built a bus map of Fortaleza (Brazil) used by 2,000 people a day (http://tdurand.github.io/mapafortaleza/).
- Built a mobile app (iOS) with React Native called For My Children (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/for-my-children/id1174417359).
- Built several responsive websites (http://expeditioncolombia.com/, http://carton-jean.fr/en, https://www.qcunbon.fr/dijon).
Mobile Web Developer (Lead)2012 - 2015MosaLingua
- Led the technical development of the MosaLingua apps.
- Oversaw a complete rewrite with PhoneGap/Backbone.js/SASS for both Android and iOS Webview (one codebase).
- Rethought the UX and design of several features.
- Deployed while in production for thousands of users, with an update released every two months. Supported Android 2.X+ and iOS 5+.
- Worked remotely with a team of ten across three continents, and managed feedback from users in four languages.
Web Software Developer Intern2011 - 2011Zengularity
- Created a WYSIWYG to build forms.
- Worked on a two-way data-binding library.
- Built a great UX using drag-n-drop, Contenteditable, and more.
- Integrated with a current solution, outputting the form building to XML.
- Worked with a team of senior engineers (creators of the Play! Framework).
- Single Page Applications (React/Redux) : Techchange platform (Development)https://course.tc/catalog
I worked on a rewrite with React/Redux of a part of the e-learning platform Techchange. Mostly the catalog, enrollment and payment workflow.
This work features client-side search (catalog), lots of data fetching, and normalization for the Redux store, caching some selector with reselect for performance and payment API integration (paypal, stripe, etc.).
Some part of it is public without the need to log in.
- Mobile App (React Native): For My Children (iOS) (Development)
Built a React Native app for iOS. The app features a media library/camera, location and maps, audio recording/playback (custom player), and a simple, clean, and colorful design.
Using Immutable and Redux, implemented shouldComponentUpdate for optimum performance.
- Innovative: Pregoneros de Medellín (Development)http://www.pregonerosdemedellin.com
- Responsive Website: Cartonnerie Jean (Development)http://carton-jean.fr/en
I have built several "traditional" responsive websites, this one for a cardboard factory, I designed and coded the complete website with some work on SEO (multilingual), allowing the client to update his website via CMS. I usually use a Content as a Service like prismic.io, where I request the content with an API.
- Innovative: Pillr Company (Development)http://pillrcompany.com/
Simple single-page website showcasing some animation work with GSAP.
- Open Source: Mapa de Onibus de Fortaleza, Mapa Bus Medellín (Development)http://tdurand.github.io/mapafortaleza/
Bus map of Fortaleza (Brazil), a small weekend project to visualize bus lines used by more than 2,000 people per day. I wrote about it at http://tdurand.tumblr.com/post/31393552608/how-i-created-a-bus-map-of-fortaleza-brazil.
Replicated this project in medellín colombia: http://tdurand.github.io/mapamedellin/
FrameworksRedux, React Native, Bootstrap, PhoneGap, Intel App Framework, Express.js, Flux, Play Framework
Libraries/APIsHandlebars, Lodash, Underscore.js, jQuery, GSAP, LeafletJS, Backbone.js, RequireJS, Node.js, React
ToolsWebpack, Gulp.js, Mocha, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
ParadigmsTemplate Metaprogramming, User Testing, UX Design, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Functional Programming
StorageJSON, MySQL, PostgreSQL
OtherGeoJSON, APIs, SVG, Mobile Web, CommonJS
PlatformsAmazon Web Services (AWS), Prismic.io, iOS, Android, MapBox
- Master's degree in Computer Engineering2007 - 2012INSA de Lyon - France (Lyon)