- Front-end EngineerToptal2015 - PRESENT
- Contracted to work on the Toptal platform itself, using React.js and Flux architectures for a year now. I believe React.js and Redux are a big step forward to build performant, maintainable, modular, and testable interfaces.
- Worked on a big online learning platform (a seven-month contract using Redux), overseeing all React/Redux environment challenges, including normalizing/denormalizing data, CRUD async reducers/actions, and Auth.
- Created internal dashboards and business interfaces (with Reflux) as well as pixel-perfect pages with more than 100 components (lots of data to display).
- Created an Eventbrite-like app (with Redux) to extend the capabilities of Eventbrite, giving users the possibility to manage entry at the door of the event from a smartphone.
- Created a highly efficient and small React-Redux app embedded in iFrame for Filespin, an upload/viewer file service. Small footprint, using pure CSS and Redux/React without other dependencies (app weight 80kb gzipped).
- Web Software DeveloperFreelance2011 - PRESENT
- Produced a complete interactive web documentary in Colombia. (www.pregonerosdemedellin.com).
- Created enterprise apps to for inventory and time management in a cardboard factory.
- Built a bus map of Fortaleza (Brazil) used by 2,000 people a day (http://tdurand.github.io/mapafortaleza/).
- Built a mobile app (iOS) with React Native called For My Children (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/for-my-children/id1174417359).
- Built several responsive websites (http://expeditioncolombia.com/, http://carton-jean.fr/en, https://www.qcunbon.fr/dijon).
- Mobile Web Developer (Lead)MosaLingua2012 - 2015
- Led the technical development of the MosaLingua apps.
- Oversaw a complete rewrite with PhoneGap/Backbone.js/SASS for both Android and iOS Webview (one codebase).
- Rethought the UX and design of several features.
- Deployed while in production for thousands of users, with an update released every two months. Supported Android 2.X+ and iOS 5+.
- Worked remotely with a team of ten across three continents, and managed feedback from users in four languages.
- Web Software Developer InternZengularity2011 - 2011
- Created a WYSIWYG to build forms.
- Worked on a two-way data-binding library.
- Built a great UX using drag-n-drop, Contenteditable, and more.
- Integrated with a current solution, outputting the form building to XML.
- Worked with a team of senior engineers (creators of the Play! Framework).