Technical Lead2019 - PRESENTLivewire
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), React, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Google BigQuery, AWS, Agile Software Development, Campaign Monitor API, WebSockets, Push Notifications, OAuth 2, Styled-components, REST APIs, Responsive Web Apps, Progressive Web Applications (PWA), LinkedIn API, Redis, Bootstrap, Figma, Webflow, AWS S3, Amazon CloudFront CDN, Apache JMeter, Ruby, CSS, SCSS, Leadership
- Contributed to the system architecture, technical roadmap, good practices guidelines, and coding convention. Mentored other developers on the team.
- Developed key features of the web application such as a WYSIWYG editor, full-text search, real-time data update via WebSockets, web push notifications, and transactional emails.
- Set up system monitoring, scaling, performance testing, and tuning.
- Contributed to the increase of the number of registered users and company revenue by 50% on average per year. Contributed to increase the NPS score from 40 to 60.
Lead Engineer2018 - 2019SleevesUp
Technologies: Java, Spring Boot, React, TypeScript, Terraform, AWS, Agile, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), REST APIs, Material-UI, Responsive Web Apps, PostgreSQL, AWS S3, AWS SES, Datadog, Google Maps API, Amazon CloudFront CDN, CSS, SCSS, Leadership, Team Building
- Led a team of ten developers to build the first version of the tenancy portal application that helped the company raise a significant amount of money from investors.
- Laid out the system architecture and technology stacks.
- Collaborated with the product manager and UX/UI designer on requirements and maintained and prioritized the product backlog.
- Liaised with stakeholders on the progress of the product.
Principal Software Engineer2018 - 2018Unlockd
Technologies: Kotlin, Android SDK, Firebase, MySQL, Datadog, Sentry, AWS, Data Lakes, CSS, SCSS, Leadership
- Developed Rest APIs for the Unlockd Android application that serves hundreds of million data points.
- Developed the Android application and applied a micro front-end architecture for it.
- Developed a solution to run automated tests against different Android phones and Android SDK versions.
- Involved in making decisions on the system architecture and technology stack. Mentored junior engineers.
Consultant2014 - 2017Insurance Australia Group - IAG
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), React, Bootstrap, PostgreSQL, AWS, Ruby on Rails 5, Ruby, CSS, SCSS, AngularJS, Leadership
- Developed a web application to allow testers to build and run automated tests against a complex document management system (DMS). This application increased the test coverage from 20% to 95% and reduced the QA team size from 22 to four people.
- Liaised with product managers and QA teams to develop practical solutions for automated testing.
- Scaled the application to be able to run thousands of complex test cases across many different parts of the DMS.
- Provided easy-to-use user interface which was greatly appreciated by the QA teams.
Senior Software Engineer2012 - 2014MYOB
Technologies: Java, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Backbone.js, Bootstrap, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Handlebars, Amazon CloudFront CDN, AWS S3, REST APIs, Ruby, AWS, CSS, SCSS
- Developed a library of reusable front-end components that can be used across different products.
- Developed the brand new Cashbook product that served hundreds of thousand subscribers.
- Involved in making decisions on the system architecture and technology stack.
Senior Software Engineer2012 - 2012REA Group
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), Java, Backbone.js, MySQL, AWS, CSS, SCSS
- Developed the agent administration web application. This application is used by thousands of real estate agents to create property listings. This application generates the main income stream for the company.
- Developed a continuous delivery pipeline to improve the release cycle of the agent administration application from one per fortnight to several times per day.
- Mentored junior developers on Ruby on Rails, test-driven development, design patterns, software engineering principles, and pair programming.