- Software Engineer2016 - 2017
- Led development of the Google Translate web app (translate.google.com - desktop and mobile).
- Designed, implemented, tested and launched new user-visible features in C++ and Java.
- Improved app reliability and performance: fewer crashes, faster load times.
- Increased code health and simplified app architecture.
- Mentored junior members of the team through design and code reviews.
- Software Engineer2013 - 2015
Technologies: Python, Django, C++, Java
- Used C++ and Python to serve promotional content on high-traffic properties like the Google homepage.
- Created Python/Django tools that enabled marketing specialists to create and target promo campaigns.
- Used Java and C++ to help migrate Google's web server for Search to a better templating system.
- Revamped the C++ authentication and authorization system of MyMaps and other Geo products.
- Used Java and Flume to run large offline processing jobs on Geo ACLs and other data.
- Back-end engineer2012 - 2013UberVU
Technologies: Python, GitHub, AWS
- Wrote Python features and tests for social media marketing application.
- Gave feedback to coworkers through GitHub code reviews.
- Software Engineering Intern2011 - 2011
Technologies: C++, PHP, Ruby
- Added and improved various Site Integrity (security) features in C++ and PHP.
- Wrote framework for detecting spikes of unusual activity on Facebook in C++.
- Improved Facebook's Captcha server in C++.
- Used proprietary Ruby framework to write integration tests.
- Software Engineering Intern2010 - 2010
Technologies: PHP, Apache Hive
- Created and improved new Facebook ad formats (video ads, ads with polls, etc).
- Analyzed Facebook ads data using Apache Hive.
- Software Development Engineer in Test2007 - 2007Microsoft
Technologies: C#, Visual Studio
- Wrote C# tools for testing Speech Recognition engines corresponding to various natural languages.
- Packaged and distributed newly created tools to other Microsoft employees.