Software Engineer2015 - 2016Symetrica Security Ltd
Technologies: Python, PHP, C++, C, C#, GTK3, i18n
- Developed a UI for a hand-held radiation detector based on GTK3, including internationalization and custom widgets.
- Developed Python web-based monitoring of a remote system including the collection of health parameters via a HTTP RESTful API.
- Integrated C++ components into pre-existing distributed RPC framework, including adding a RESTful API.
- Wrote requirements and designed a desktop tool to manage handheld devices and to offload data, written in C# GTK#. Developed the back-end C# code to connect to the device via HTTP. Built this tool to be operated in a cross-platform Windows/Linux environment.
- Created a custom GTK widget for viewing graph data—including zooming, panning, and overlaying template data.
Applications Developer2014 - 2015Hallmarq Veterinary Image Ltd
Technologies: C, C++, PHP, Embedded Systems, RPC
- Implemented a major refactoring of code to separate 2 closely coupled, real-time DLL components—to enable remote operation via ethernet.
- Developed a fee-per-scan calculation web application with Python Pyramid and MySQL.
- Optimized DSP functions with ARM assembly/intrinsics to run on an embedded processor. The final speed exceeded the then currently existing Project Ne10 library.
- Created a functionality that did report generation and PDF invoicing from billing system (written in Python) to be used by the accounts department.
- Ported Windows C++ centric spectrometer components to ARM/embedded Linux.
Senior Technologist2001 - 2007BAE Systems
Technologies: Real-Time, C++, Avioncs, IP Protocols, C, Embedded Systems
- Developed a real-time, embedded system to bridge between an existing ARINC 429 avionics databus and newer Ethernet based systems AFDX. This used bare metal C/C++ on a NetSilicon processor.
- Developing a augmented reality HUD/moving map prototype display system to enable commercial pilots to prevent errors in taxiing. This was integrated into a flight simulator. It used C++/OpenGL.
- Designed and implemented a C++/C prototype controller pilot data link communication system for airport ground movement messages. Integrated them into a flight simulator.
- Conducted pilot trials in a simulator to gather feedback on prototype avionic systems. Tested the prototypes at international airports to evaluate their performance.
- Tracked the progress and controlled resources for engineering projects.