Freelance Developer2016 - PRESENTClients (via Toptal)
Technologies: C++, Python, Deep Learning, Image Processing, Web Full-stack Technologies
- Optimized web apps for use in Google App Engine, Google Cloud SQL, and Docker.
- Improved the performance of deep learning LSTM models for audio processing of music.
- Made a C++ library available to Python software using SWIG.
- Integrated video codec libraries with openh264 to produce MP4/H264 videos with the emphasis on broad playback compatibility.
Software Engineer2015 - 2016Symetrica Security Ltd
Technologies: Python, PHP, C++, C, C#, GTK3, i18n
- Developed a UI for a hand-held radiation detector based on GTK3, including internationalization and custom widgets.
- Developed Python web-based monitoring of a remote system including the collection of health parameters via a HTTP RESTful API.
- Integrated C++ components into pre-existing distributed RPC framework, including adding a RESTful API.
- Wrote requirements and designed a desktop tool to manage handheld devices and to offload data, written in C# GTK#. Developed the back-end C# code to connect to the device via HTTP. Built this tool to be operated in a cross-platform Windows/Linux environment.
- Created a custom GTK widget for viewing graph data—including zooming, panning, and overlaying template data.
Applications Developer2014 - 2015Hallmarq Veterinary Image Ltd
Technologies: C, C++, PHP, Embedded Systems, RPC
- Implemented a major refactoring of code to separate 2 closely coupled, real-time DLL components—to enable remote operation via ethernet.
- Developed a fee-per-scan calculation web application with Python Pyramid and MySQL.
- Optimized DSP functions with ARM assembly/intrinsics to run on an embedded processor. The final speed exceeded the then currently existing Project Ne10 library.
- Created a functionality that did report generation and PDF invoicing from billing system (written in Python) to be used by the accounts department.
- Ported Windows C++ centric spectrometer components to ARM/embedded Linux.
Software Engineer2013 - 2014Kinatomic Technology
Technologies: Software Development
- Developed a live video stitching desktop app to take multiple USB/IP web cameras and combine them into a video stream for viewing or saving to disk.
- Developed an Android mobile turn based game based on Kivy. Wrote the graphics, game logic and AI for other computer players. Oversaw design and production of UI and art by contractors. Released the game on the Google Play store.
Senior Technologist2001 - 2007BAE Systems
Technologies: Real-Time, C++, Avioncs, IP Protocols, C, Embedded Systems
- Developed a real-time, embedded system to bridge between an existing ARINC 429 avionics databus and newer Ethernet-based systems AFDX. This used bare-metal C/C++ on a NetSilicon processor.
- Built a augmented reality HUD/moving map prototype display system to enable commercial pilots to prevent errors in taxiing. This was integrated into a flight simulator. It used C++/OpenGL.
- Designed and implemented a C++/C prototype controller pilot data link communication system for airport ground movement messages. Integrated them into a flight simulator.
- Conducted pilot trials in a simulator to gather feedback on prototype avionic systems. Tested the prototypes at international airports to evaluate their performance.
- Tracked the progress and controlled resources for engineering projects.