Senior Engineer2016 - 2017Assertiv
Technologies: C# ASP.NET Core, Angular 2+, AWS, Docker, Git
- Designed and developed the front-end, application, and data layers for a SaaS SME identity management and single sign-on service.
- Implemented a front-end and application layer build/test/deployment CI pipeline.
- Developed Gitlab CI and Docker builds for deployment to AWS ECS.
- Deployed and scaled a high-availability WordPress instance to AWS.
- Made extensive use of AWS services.
Software Consultant2015 - 2016Caterex
- Created a dashboard UI to simplify the day to day tasks of internal staff.
- Worked closely with the client to manage requirements and suggest features.
- Integrated with an existing MYOB SQL Server database.
- Developed a timetable system for scheduling of sales staff client meetings.
- Designed and developed a user interface according to client requirements.
- Developed features for simplifying warehouse staff operations for stock management.
- Developed a dashboard to displaying and comparing sales staff performance.
Software Consultant2014 - 2015Experior Transport
Technologies: C#, .NET, EF, CQRS, Event Sourcing, DDD, NserviceBus, TDD
- Assisted in the bootstrapping of a back-end logistics project.
- Integrated multiple internal and external tracking and freight management systems to provide services for new reporting and UI functionality.
- Worked closely with a globally remote team.
Software Developer2012 - 2013Aptus
- Developed web services, integrating custom asset management software with external service providers to automate asset end-of-life processes.
- Developed customizations for LAMP stack applications in Magento eCommerce and WordPress CMS, including client-side themes, workflow changes, and integrations with external systems.
- Worked independently/remotely from the core development team while maintaining close communications and providing mentoring and code reviews for junior developers.
- Developed a tool to synchronize a college student's timetable data with SharePoint.
Technical Consultant2011 - 2012Directory Concepts
Technologies: Java, Novell IDM & NAM, LDAP, Active Directory, C# ASP.NET, WCF, SAML
- Designed and developed solutions for a bank's internal identity and access management system providing single sign-on and integrated identity.
- Developed internal features, including password tools and a portal for company-wide single sign-on.
- Developed integrations across bank systems, connecting various web services and proprietary APIs with internal LDAP directory systems.
Analyst Programmer2006 - 2009Commonwealth Bank
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET, WinForms, PL/SQL, Java, Documentum DFC & WDK
- Worked on large flagship projects NetBank and CommSee, developing features for a multi-tier online banking system.
- Maintained internet and intranet sites and their supporting CMS, Documentum. Refactored and merged their code bases to maximize reuse.
- Developed a set of monitoring tools that reduced the daily Documentum system verification time from 3 hours to 20 minutes, checking over 200 potential points of failure and significantly increasing overall system stability.
- Provided operations and user support for multiple Documentum HA clusters.
- Provided on on-site and remote software and hardware support for 300 developers in a windows environment.
- Maintained build and continuous integration scripts.
- Acted in a supervisory role to three other help desk staff, providing continuous assistance and training. Oversaw help desk staff and change procedures during the manager’s absence.