Timothy Roe, Jr.
Verified Expert in Engineering
Tim is an enterprise IT consultant and full-stack software developer who's worked with local businesses and nonprofits since becoming a freelancer in 2012. An independent thinking and goal-oriented person, working to achieve the business goals of his customers and employer beyond their expectations. Tim enjoys working with his clients, helping them achieve their businesses' goals, and using new high-end technologies to push their applications forward.
Windows, MacOS, Ubuntu 16.04, JetBrains, Xcode, GitHub, Windows Server, Amazon Web Services (AWS), iOS SDK, Express.js
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed was a service for nonprofits to collect donations and share their messages to the world for free—no additional cost to them.
Director of Information Technology
Bethel Christian Schools
- Managed and distributed over 1000 assets to students, staff, and faculty throughout the school year and summer.
- Designed and implemented custom software and SaaS implementations, such as Tuition Payment & Collection, Report Cards, SIS Software, ILS Software, and more.
- Managed multiple staff members and participated in discussions with board members and school administrators, as well as served in the capacity of an administrator.
Independent IT Consultant and Full-stack Developer
- Developed numerous (25+) custom web, mobile, and desktop applications for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Cooperated with clients in eCommerce utilizing Stripe, Twilio, and other APIs.
- Developed hardware and software for custom-implemented IoT for clients related to audio, video, and Bluetooth applications.
- Installed and managed layer three networks in small to medium-sized enterprises, businesses, and nonprofits.
- Partnered with multiple multinational corporations to provide technical equipment and services throughout the southwestern region of the United States.
- Offered enterprise technical support and on-site technical services to businesses in California, southern Nevada, and Arizona.
Overwatch Health Inc.
- Created an integration with a pre-existing Flutter application that supported Twilio SDKs using Flutter iOS Native platform views.
- Conceived UI/UX experience according to business designs with SwiftUI.
- Developed back-end integrations that supported HIPAA-compliant video calls, group video calls (one doctor to many patients), and peer-to-peer room calling.
Technical Support Engineer
- Provided level 3 technical support services to contracted companies, helping assist in the day-to-day operation of solving customer service inquiries that required code debugging or alterations.
- Executed database queries and scripts to correct and manage user accounts and execute financial tasks, such as payouts, refunds, and collection of payments.
- Oversaw a team of customer support personnel and assisted them in solving level 1 and 2 technical support tasks while handling level 3 tasks.
- Implemented Intercom Help System to platform for user access to help articles and email/chatbot ticketing.
- Developed a News Media App exclusively for iOS, built with Swift and SwiftUI, that allows individuals to access News Media headlines from curators and displays them in bite-sized headlines, with the ability to read the full article.
- Developed a News Media App that peaked at number eight place within the news and magazines section of the Apple App Store and attained a 4.7 star review.
- Become the lead iOS developer throughout the project, managing the day-to-day development tasks and oversaw the app's development and release.
- Cooperated with the chief technical officer in implementing third-party APIs and suggestive development with the back-end team contracted overseas.
- Executed a continuous development cycle for daily release to TestFlight and bi-monthly updates to the App Store.
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Developed and implemented test cases for automated continuous integration and continuous deployment of in-house HMI software.
- Collaborated directly with project engineers in API integrations with other in-house software.
- Communicated and developed with international partners to debug and develop automated continuous integration pipelines.
- Managed and worked directly with independent sub-contractors to develop software and implement CI/CD technologies.
Anomaly Detection in Self-driving Cars
Core Location, iOS SDK, Express.js, Core Data, Windows PowerShell, Selenium, SwiftUI, Core Bluetooth, Flutter
Node.js, Stripe API, Stripe, Parse SDK, CocoaPods, iOS Native Libraries, REST APIs, Selenium WebDriver, Twilio API, Intercom API, Google Maps API, PayPal API
Xcode, GitHub, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, BitLocker, JetBrains, FreePBX, Jenkins, InstallShield
REST, Azure DevOps
Windows, MacOS, Parse Server, Twilio, Windows Server, Chrome OS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), iOS, Android, Firebase
MongoDB, MySQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), JSON, Azure Active Directory, SQLite, PostgreSQL
VeraCrypt, IT Consulting, APIs, SDKs, Debugging, DNS, VoIP, iOS Camera, AVFoundation, Ubuntu 16.04, Human-machine Interface (HMI), Layer 2 Networking, CI/CD Pipelines, Internet of Things (IoT), iBeacon, Bluetooth, Mobile Device Management (MDM), Web Scraping, Data Scraping, DNS Servers, API Documentation, Quality Assurance (QA), QA Testing, Machine Learning, UEFI, Intercom
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
California Baptist University - Riverside, CA