Verified Expert in Engineering
With strong technical skills in addition to a passion for making groups of people thrive and excel together, Tobias has been an appreciated team member throughout his career. Tobias' open mind and genuine interest in strong relations set him apart in the business.
The most amazing...
...tech discovery I've made recently is web3 and blockchain development. I have never had this much fun before in my career.
Senior Software Engineer
- Set up the front-end infrastructure with TypeScript, Next.js, Tailwind, and more in a monorepo with multiple apps and packages.
- Collaborated closely with UI designers to develop the site's style guide and design; also implemented all of the front-end stylings.
- Worked on team processes, development workflows, planning, collaborations between roles, code infrastructure, and more to grow the tech team.
- Explored and integrated multiple blockchain-related APIs into our front end.
- Led a small engineering team to develop an app in Preact for Samsung Smart TVs, working closely with stakeholders and the engineering team at Samsung. Mentored other engineers and oversaw code architecture and code reviews.
- Developed a complex app in Flutter, where people in New York City could view live updates on their commute and share information. Worked with Google Maps API and Protocol Buffers to interact with a back-end API while dealing with lots of live data.
- Refactored a large multi-site project to a more modern set up, using Webpack instead of Grunt. This greatly helped increase productivity and maintenance over the codebase.
Software Engineer and Web Consultant
- Planned and developed a larger Drupal intranet together with an old employer.
- Closely integrated Drupal with an external system during a project.
- Appeared as a guest lecturer as Yrgo, teaching Drupal to engineers and basic web technologies to designers.
- Consulted my old employer on a project as a product owner.
- Coached web technology buyers during their work with IT agencies.
- Planned and executed the semester curriculum based on overarching education goals.
- Coached, helped, and graded around 50 students in two classes.
- Taught classes in Drupal, Git, and Agile development processes.
- Participated in board meetings with the school principal and industry representatives.
- Wrote proposals applying for further government funds to keep the program going.
- Worked closely with Lund University during maintenance and further development of their platform.
- Produced and participated in four episodes of a company podcast, discussing Drupal and web technologies.
- Hosted webinars demoing Drupal for an online audience.
- Wrote offers and participated closely in our sales process.
- Offered Drupal workshops and taught small groups of people from several clients and prospects.
Software Engineer and Project Lead
- Planned, developed, and delivered a new website for a law firm.
- Helped with the implementation of agile processes in the organization.
- Contributed to the open source community of Drupal.
- Created graphically challenging and animated landing pages for marketing campaigns.
- Participated in building a Spotify app for a large TV network.
Software Engineer and Scrum Master
- Migrated Lund University's online presence to Drupal.
- Taught several Drupal workshops for small groups of clients.
- Built and maintained Lucid, a Drupal base theme, together with my colleagues.
- Implemented a video on demand section for IKEA's inspiration site.
- Acted as Scrum Master in several developer teams.
Google Assistant TV Promo Apphttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adV0GSRVuII
The multilingual app is available in 14 languages and has performance profiling to find and fix memory leaks.
Pigeon — Flutter App
The project has been shut down during COVID-19.
Flutter, Tailwind CSS, Next.js, Express.js, Bootstrap, Redux, MUI (Material UI), Truffle
React, REST APIs, Preact, Node.js, jQuery, Socket.IO, Web3.js
Git, GitHub, Webpack, Terminal, NPM, Front-end Build Tools, Mongoose, Etherscan
Agile Software Development, REST, Functional Programming, Scrum, Kanban
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS, Firebase, Docker, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Drupal, Linux, Heroku, Blockchain, Ethereum, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
API Integration, Front-end, User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), Scrum Master, Full-stack, APIs, PSM-1, Technical Leadership, Turborepo, Vercel, Cryptocurrency, Product Owner, Gatsby, Ethers.js, Hardhat, wagmi, Ethereum Smart Contracts, Zustand, Storybook
Advanced Higher Vocational Education Diploma in Software Engineering
Yrgo - Gothenburg, Sweden
Professional Scrum Master 1