React Chapter Lead2019 - 2020OMERS
Technologies: Next.js, Node.js, Contentful, React Redux, React
- Managed 16 React developers across different teams, facilitated cross-team functions such as chapter meetings, component library guild, and initiatives such as feature flags.
- Created a dynamic content rendering engine to read from Contentful CMS and display custom webpage content and layout based on the data retrieved. Having content as data eliminated the need to deploy code whenever creating or updating a page.
- Used React Redux to manage state in complex, highly interactive logged in the portal for the OMERS Pension.
- Communicated, built, and demoed the proof of concept (POC) used in the Contentful CMS site-builder to business leaders, then led the team to implement that idea into a successful product.
- Mentored and led four junior developers, three of whom received team and company recognition as intermediate level developers after one year.
Senior Angular Developer (Contract)2019 - 2019Royal Bank of Canada
Technologies: Go, Passport.js, Node.js, NgRx, Angular
- Separated Angular project from its Go back end, enabling Angular to be deployed and served separately from Go. This allows for better separation of concern and an independent release schedule.
- Implemented the Node.js server as a backend for frontend (BFF), with Passport.js as the authentication layer. This allows the Go server to become a microservice and focus on business logic.
- Integrated OAuth into the Node.js server to pave the path for a single sign-on (SSO) experience with other Royal Bank services.
Software and Architecture Consultant2018 - 2019RewardOps
Technologies: NgRx, Node.js, Angular
- Embedded with client company teams, including LoyaltyOne and BMO, and implemented front-end applications to support RewardOps’ Software as a Service (SaaS) back end.
- Wrote a transform library to convert RewardOps backend responses to transform data to deal with specific UI rendering concerns.
- Maintained a demo front-end client application so RewardOps can show off their Software as a Service capability to potential clients.
Lead IT Architect2017 - 2018TELUS Digital
Technologies: Antd, Contentful, React
- Created a custom rendering engine to allow content creators to build the site they want without going through developers.
- Created a what you see is what you get (WYSIWYG) editor to read and save content, enabling a more straightforward GUI and better site editing experience.
- Created a grid system to eliminate the need for an ever-expanding collection of unique UI renderers. A new website element can be created through the composition of grid components.
Solution Architect2015 - 2017Rangle.io
Technologies: Node.js, NgRx, Angular
- Provided onsite consultation and mentorship traveling to the client’s office and directly mentor three software teams delivering software.
- Trained and mentored developers on areas such as Redux patterns, separation of data and logic, and data modeling for the front end.
- Provided architectural code reviews for the client's pull requests to ensure the single direction data Flow is implemented correctly.
- Adapted and implemented the correct Agile and Scrum philosophy in challenging the Waterfall organization.
- Provided weekly consultation sessions to advise on previous week’s problems and work out plans for work needed to be completed next week.
- Reviewed Redux implementation and observable usage to ensure best practices are followed.
- Suggested internationalization strategies using NGX-translate and Angular2 translation implementation.
- Developed a three-day training course to build enterprise-level software using Angular2 and Redux.
- Delivered training through live coding and exercises. Used slides as supplementary material.