- Architect and Senior DeveloperIndependent Consultancy2015 - PRESENT
- Built a number of apps, from small scope to large projects and experimental pieces in a number of technologies. Most projects (as of 2017-2018) are React-based and are written in TypeScript.
- Freelance Front-end DeveloperEvoBits Information Technology SRL (via Toptal)2017 - 2018
Technologies: TypeScript, Angular 2, Angular CLI, Redux, Ngrx/store, React, Unit Testing
- Worked on the new version of the public website for BitClub Network (cryptocurrency network).
- Created from scratch and organized an ongoing development process for the elaborate admin part of the BitClub network website.
- Worked hard on emerging the state management patterns, approaches, state structure, side effects control (using Redux and Ngrx/store).
- Planned and executed the refactoring iterations to keep code in a good shape for a fast-paced movement.
- Implemented lots of reusable controls, helpers, and abstractions for the Angular 2/3/4/5 app, forms state included.
- Worked on the overall app's UI/UX (based on the Genesis UI Prime theme initially, but quite diverged over time).
- Freelance Front-end DeveloperL2O (via Toptal)2016 - 2017
Technologies: AngularJS, React, HTML5, CSS3, Textbox.io, jQuery
- Built up the Webpack-based project build and deployment pipeline from scratch (especially complicated due to unusual config because of the legacy project structure).
- Planned the refactoring phases for the pieces of the L2O app for the team members to work on and taken part in refactoring process as well.
- Tested for the legacy app.
- Developed new features as the project was growing.
- Optimized the mobile performance of responsive Textbox.io editor and lots of other things.
- Freelance Front-end Developer and UX SpecialistInternational Technological University (via Toptal)2014 - 2017
Technologies: AngularJS, HTML5, CSS3, Ruby on Rails
- Designed the UX for the entire ITU Bridge project (ITU project to help ITU students and alumni to apply for jobs at top companies).
- Took part in ITU Bridge and ITU ID (ITU Identity Provider) API design.
- Implemented a Bridge project client application (mid to large-sized application with tons of corner cases).
- Helped implement the internal corporate CRM and API.
- Collaborated with a small team to implement a flagship education management system.
- Freelance Front-end DeveloperClickFunnels (via Toptal)2015 - 2016
- Built a marketplace for the ClickFunnels digital projects (templates and entire funnels).
- Migrated from older Ember to a newer version with a component-based approach at this position.
- Helped create a corporate style guide of sorts, a separate showcase app to present styling. I handled the entire UI/UX and technical implementation.
- Implemented a neat thing to both run the same markup/code and showcase that as a source (without duplication). The style guide needed code snippets so that team devs can reuse them freely.
- Implemented an extremely consistent CSS (SASS) codebase with components, etc. A bit like Bootstrap/Foundation/Semantic-UI but just an internal framework, with styles following BEM methodology and widgets driven by Ember.js.
- Freelance Front-end DeveloperConsumerAffairs.com (via Toptal)2014 - 2015
- Helped transition from Brunch.io to a set of Gulp.js tasks as a modern front-end build system.
- Contributed to the migration of the legacy Backbone.js-based parts of the app to AngularJS.
- Spent a large amount of time on reviews, cooperation, and improving the code quality in an Agile environment.
- Lead Front-end DeveloperAkzia.iNets Interactive Digital Signage2013 - 2014
- Coded the highly-interactive and complex front-end app that is the client UI for payments processing module.
- Created many non-trivial and non-standard animations using AngularJS hooks, CSS3 transitions/animations, SVG animations, and GSAP (GreenSock).
- Ran the project on a specially designed dual-touch-screen multi-media device (Akzia.iNets project).
- Technical Project ManagerConvergent Media Group2012 - 2014
- Spearheaded the development of a front-end app for a complex advertising platform.
- Managed and developed an internal file storage and synchronization system.
- Analyzed business requirements for technically challenging projects.
- Led the development of company's technical projects, both external and internal.
- Architect, Senior Developer, Team LeadIndependent Consultancy2010 - 2014
- Completed a total of 27 independent projects in web development, complex front-end app development, complex animation, web architecture, scalability architecture, real-time systems, kiosk apps, and web APIs.
- Created five complex client-side apps, three of which are fully responsive and run on mobile.
- Implemented seven complicated app UIs, among which were two responsive apps that run on mobile, and two animation-heavy apps created for kiosks.
- Implemented five inter-corporate CRM, financial accounting, and decision support systems.
- Contributed to three Ruby on Rails-based projects alongside the client's dev teams.
- Implemented two high-scalability real-time systems with Node.js for financial analysis and collaborative doc flow.
- Implemented around fifteen RESTful web APIs (not real-time) integrated with other corporate back-end APIs.
- Designed about ten UIs for different apps (mobile as well).
- Managed twelve development projects as PM (planning, estimates, strategy, customer communication).
- Led teams of up to five developers.
- Senior DeveloperRolotex/PortsAmerica2011 - 2013
- Developed back-end services for a large-scale system (Marine Terminal Operations System).
- Developed the front-end UI for a marine TOS system.
- Took part in architecture decisions for the entire solution.
- Reviewed the solutions and complex strategies to eventually migrate the legacy system to a new platform.
- Performed code and UI reviews.
- Developer, IT ConsultantRoyal Travel, LLC2011 - 2012
Technologies: .NET, C#, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC
- Developed the corporate website.
- Developed the tools and app for internal accounting processes.
- Reviewed the corporate IT strategy for internal projects.
- Project Manager, Architect, DeveloperYouFashion Online Lingerie Store2009 - 2010
- Developed the eCommerce platform based on Microsoft .NET web stack.
- Managed the dev team working on new features for both external and internal eCommerce services.
- Implemented the payment processing gateways and payment providers integration.
- Handled overall technical project management and solution architecture.
- CEO, Owner, Lead Architect, Senior DeveloperIDEA Consulting Agency (formerly Infinima Design Studio)2006 - 2009
- Organized the outsourcing development team as a business unit.
- Managed the most valuable high-priority projects.
- Embedded Scrum as the team's organizational methodology.
- Applied most Extreme Programming practices into the company's development flow.
- Pioneered TDD and BDD as development driving practices.
- Developed (architected and coded on my own) the highly configurable and flexible MVC framework on ASP.NET platform (prior to ASP.NET MVC was out) which was used in most of the company's web projects.
- Worked out agreements and SLAs for the company.
- Completed over thirty large- and medium-scale projects and many more smaller ones as architect, developer, and team lead.
- Defined the guides for UIs that the company made for its projects.
- Developed the set of reusable UI components (CSS/HTML-based) before Twitter Bootstrap.
- Project Manager, Lead Developer, ArchitectParizhanka, LLC2004 - 2005
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, FileMaker, Proprietary platforms
- Created a data warehouse and OLAP solution as a university graduate project for a wholesaler of lingerie and underwear products.
- Built up a solution architecture as well as data warehouse and data marts structures, and described use cases.
- Coded a complicated ETL utility to sync OLTP system data with denormalized data warehouse.
- Designed and developed the entire report-view application to work with the data warehouse contents, as well as specify analysis dimensions and UI for OLAP cubes,.
- Coded a facade around the FileMaker database-backed solution containing actual business accounting information.
- Consultant, Project ManagerIndependent Consultancy2004 - 2005
- Worked as independent IT consultant analyzing the business requirements for projects, performing communication with customers, negotiating pre-sale and project terms, and planning the development process.
- Performed business analysis for customers on contract-based projects.
- Completed eight projects during 1.5 years working as contractor and PM.
- Performed critical development and UI design for projects.
- Web DeveloperFreelance2002 - 2003
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS
- Developed websites as a freelance developer, around 25 contract-based projects.
- Leveraged nearly all of the web development anti-patterns possible.
- Junior DesignerRuzanov Design Studio/TechnoCOM Design/TAAD1996 - 2000
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, CorelDRAW, Macromedia Flash, Macromedia Fireworks
- Learned graphic and web design tooling.
- Learned the basics of web animation with Macromedia Flash.
- Created many logos, personal cards, blanks, letterheads, envelopes, and other small designs using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and CorelDRAW.
- Acquired necessary design, usability, and composition skills that proved extremely useful for web and UI design later.