Technical Advisor2018 - PRESENTIndependent Talent Agency
- Interviewed candidates and recommending to the independent talent agency whether or not they fit the standards of technical excellence set forth by the company.
- Provided technical expertise in customer calls in order to help them succeed in their technical interview.
- Prepared engineers for customer interviews and reviewed their technical work before it's sent to customers.
YouTube Partner2010 - PRESENTVictor Dozal
- Led a YouTube channel (www.YouTube.com/c/VictorDozalTutorials).
- Achieved over 2,500,000 views, 50,000 total watch hours, and more than 9,000 subscribers.
- Focused on technical topics and teaching complex topics in simple ways.
Director of Engineering2018 - 2020Digible
- Led the engineering department, collaborating with the rest of the leadership. team, and growing the company from $300,000 to $10 million ARR.
- Provided technical leadership in React, NestJS (Node.js), PostgreSQL, and GCP for the engineering team and the rest of the company in order to achieve the growth and retention goals.
- Reviewed the architecture end to end and implemented changes in order to reduce tech debt from 32% to 9%.
- Implemented end to end tests to increase the reliability of our CI/CD pipeline, helping us to dramatically reduce the number of defects released to production.
Lead Software Engineer2016 - 2018Superside
- Led a team of three engineers, a UI/UX engineer, and a QA engineer, while collaborating with the company's leadership to reach retention and revenue goals.
- Helped the company go from $1 million ARR to $3.2 million ARR by providing technical leadership in a multitude of projects.
- Increased the retention rate in the eCommerce site from 2.1% to 5.7% through the use of React and Express.js optimization to speed up everything in the application, as well as by using A/B testing and other conversion optimization techniques.
Software Engineer (Contractor)2015 - 2016SRAM
- Developed a responsive web application that allows users to monitor an athlete’s performance by tracking its location, speed, pedaling power, time, direction, and distance traveled.
- Collaborated with other engineers to devise a resilient architecture on AWS in order to support millions of transactional requests per minute.
- Played an instrumental role in the creation and launch of the first version of the "Qolleqtor" product.
Senior Software Engineer2015 - 2016BioIQ
- Saved the company over $400,000 in operational costs by identifying and automating several processes that could be automated.
- Collaborated with other engineers to create a resilient architecture in AWS to allow our technology to grow with our users and our expectations.
Software Engineer (Contractor)2015 - 2015Ditech
Technologies: Database Administration (DBA), C#.NET, C#, Python 2, SQL, MSSQLCE, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Created financial analysis reports for business executives dealing with over $1 billion USD through the use of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Optimized the financial report creation workflow and sped up the process by 50%.
- Mentored peers at the organization in regards to MSSQL-related tools and services in order to increase their efficiency and throughput by 35%.
Software Engineer2014 - 2014Amazon
- Developed a debugger (used through a web UI) for one of Amazon’s proprietary programming languages.
- Designed and developed an online tool that allows users to write code much faster by inputting data into text fields and generating the necessary code to perform the actions the user desires.
- Competed in Amazon’s Machine Learning and Computer Vision Hackathon. Achieved fifth out of 90 teams worldwide.
Software Engineer2013 - 2013IMVU
- Pushed code to production on a daily basis to over 10 million unique visitors per month and more than 3 million active users.
- Collaborated with a team of six to develop a threaded messaging application that improved user retention by 25%. The application handles tens of millions of requests per minute.
Software Engineer2011 - 2012DocuTAP
- Redesigned and implemented the graphical user interface of the practice management software, which increased sales by 15%.
- Implemented and developed on top of open-source software that validates data files.
- Increased efficiency in DocuTAP’s data validation process by 500%.