Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Visualization Developer
Victor is a versatile big data and analytics consultant with 10+ years of experience helping companies shift from gut-based to data-driven decisions. He's a thought leader and data visualization best practices evangelist. He has spoken at various local and global events, showcasing his passion for data visualization. Victor has also managed big data and DevOps practices with 150+ engineers in a large digital transformation company.
The most amazing...
...analysis that I've done determined how the website and application response times affect conversion, translating into a rise of $50 million in annual revenue.
Data Analytics Consultant
- Drove the Tableau strategy for a company that develops integrations between various marketing data sources and reporting tools.
- Built Tableau, Power BI, and Google Data Studio templates for customer-facing dashboards, integrating marketing data from various channels (Facebook Ads, Google Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and many others).
- Created written and recorded documentation on how to connect Tableau to various data sources that are not already built-in with Tableau.
- Built custom Power BI Desktop connectors, allowing users to bring data from Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Shopify, HubSpot, Salesforce, and many other data sources.
Big Data and DevOps Community Manager
- Grew the big data and DevOps practices from 50 to 170+ professionals. Acted as the direct manager for these professionals, handling finance, career growth, and project allocation.
- Brought in over 20 new customers, pitched capabilities, and established the approach and team structure.
- Defined and ran a fast-paced big data engineering conversion program, which helped in reskilling over 40 big data engineers with previous experience in traditional ETL development or software engineering.
- Shifted the internal organization from gut-based to data-driven decisions while implementing a reporting solution from scratch in Google Data Studio, used by various layers across the business.
- Created a customized, highly-granular, interactive career path used by professionals for auto-evaluating their skills and finding their strong points and areas to improve.
Business Intelligence Architect
- Pitched an end-to-end BI solution, obtained the budget, created a team, and led its implementation, including ETL, the data warehouse, and reporting (Tableau). This resulted in a 70% decrease in licensing costs for reporting.
- Determined how the website and application response times affected the buying decision, allowing the performance engineering team to focus on what mattered, resulting in a 5% increase in conversion and an increase of $50 million in annual revenue.
- Determined how the number of reviews and a product's overall rating influenced the buying decision. Translated the findings into UI/UX change suggestions.
- Traveled for training purposes and to shift the clients' employees' perspective on how to use data more efficiently, translating to an increase in reports usage from 1% to over 50% of their employees.
- Conducted 100+ interviews with various candidates, covering aspects of databases, data warehouses, and business intelligence.
- Implemented Tableau from scratch for various companies and provided training for their employees.
- Developed the operational database for an application that centralized all POS data from franchisees.
- Used various techniques, including indexing, partitioning, and archiving, to improve performance.
- Came up with recommendations on how the application should read and write data in the Oracle database.
Lead Tableau Developer
BI Solution for a Private Jet Charter Organization
Helped the client to choose the right tools & technologies.
Tableau Consultant for Parasite ID
I built a dashboard that allows seamless geographical drill-downs to pinpoint specific parasite infection outbursts across regions, provinces, municipalities, and neighborhoods. I also developed the underlying ETL in Tableau Prep for combining custom spatial files with infection data, overcoming the limitations of Tableau Cloud.
Data Visualization Work for Windsor.aihttps://windsor.ai/tableau-templates/
Data Analytics for Groupon (American Global eCommerce Marketplace)
I worked on determining how the website and application response times affect the buying decision, which allowed the performance engineering team to focus on what mattered, resulting in a 5% increase in conversion and translating into an increase of $50 million in annual revenue.
I also determined how the number of reviews and a product's overall rating influence the buying decision, which translated findings into UI/UX change suggestions.
BI Solution for Cognizant Softvision
Covered the following areas:
• People management.
• Hiring funnel.
• Attrition analysis.
• Project staffing.
• Marketing performance.
BI Solution for Snap-on | American Manufacturer of Tools and Equipment
The implementation resulted in a 70% decrease in their licensing cost for reporting while switching from MicroStrategy to Tableau, with no additional costs on the back end.
Also, I traveled on-site for training and shifting their employees' perspective on how to use data more efficiently, translating to an increase in reports usage from 1% to over 50% of their employees.
BI Solution for eCommerce Website | Confidential client
Tableau Dashboards and Training for Pharmaceutical Company | Confidential Client
BI Solution for Telecom Company | Confidential Client
Google Data Studio Report Templates for Marketing Analytics | Confidential Client
SQL, Stored Procedure, Google Apps Script, Python, Snowflake, Power Query M
Tableau, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g (OBIEE), Oracle SQL Data Modeler, Tableau Desktop Pro, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Oracle Warehouse Builder (OWB), Teradata SQL Assistant, Tabcmd, Google Analytics, Excel 2016, BigQuery, Microsoft Power BI, Looker, GIS, Web GIS
ETL, Business Intelligence (BI), Agile Software Development, Database Development, Database Design, Management, Data Science
Oracle Database, Windows, Oracle, Salesforce
Databases, PL/SQL, Oracle Cloud, Oracle 11g, Oracle SQL Developer, SQL Performance, Oracle 12c, Oracle SQL, Data Pipelines, SQL Stored Procedures, Data Lakes, Teradata, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQLite, Microsoft SQL Server, Apache Hive
Data Analytics, Google Data Studio, Data Warehousing, Data Warehouse Design, Data Visualization, Performance Tuning, Web Analytics, Big Data, Reporting, Reports, Oracle Performance Tuning, Data Engineering, Career Coaching, Client Management, Thought Leadership, Customer Analytics, Pitch Presentations, Public Speaking, Query Optimization, Partitioning, Data Architecture, Big Data Architecture, Architecture, Interactive Charts, User Flows, Product Analytics, Elevator Pitches, Technical Consulting, Data Analysis, BI Reports, Analytics, Query Composition, Data Structures, Database Schema Design, Data Cleansing, Data Profiling, Datasets, User Interface (UI), Dashboards, Roadmaps, Data Strategy, Dashboard Design, Leadership, Data Modeling, Economics, Software Development, User Experience (UX), Web Marketing, Marketing Analytics, Tableau Server, Risk Management, Training, SaaS, Google BigQuery, Migration, Team Leadership, APIs, API Connectors, A/B Testing, Facebook Ads, Google Ads, SSRS Reports, Google Search Console, DAX, Geographic Information Systems, Maps, Data Wrangling, Data Munging
Facebook Ads API, Facebook API
Bachelor's Degree in Economic Informatics
Babeș-Bolyai University - Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Technical University of Cluj-Napoca - Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Tableau Certified Associate