Solution Architect2012 - PRESENTBell Canada
- Designed, implemented, and vetted vendors' designs for Bell Canada's department-wide service business for residential and business consumers that had 200+ back ends.
- Set up processes and supported PTE environments resulting in regular, per-release performance testing for the full range Bell Canada's applications.
- Implemented external endpoints for mobile and web applications on the CA API Gateway.
SOA Consultant2011 - 2012Rogers Communications
Technologies: Oracle Service Bus (OSB), SOA
- Implemented BPEL processes and web services encapsulating legacy provisioning vendor applications such as Ericcson TAS, SMSC, and MMSC.
- Built an OSB-protected gateway to the provisioning services.
- Created a family of simulators to test the code against and reduce the costs of vendor test environments.
Lead Developer/Team Lead2010 - 2011Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC)
Technologies: Oracle Service Bus (OSB), BEA AquaLogic Service Bus, WebLogic
- Implemented a DevOps-style automatic deployment system for department systems.
- Optimized an HP NonStop-based system startup to reduce the deployment downtime from five hours to one hour.
- Developed a mock web services back end to decouple the testing and PTE activities from the downstream systems.
Java Contractor2007 - 2009Direct Energy
Technologies: SOAP, Oracle WebLogic Application Server, Java
- Consolidated J2EE applications from acquired companies into a single WebLogic cluster.
- Redesigned and optimized several legacy J2EE applications.
- Implemented a mock server to support testing of partner-facing web services.
Java Contractor2004 - 2005Bell Canada
Technologies: SOAP, BPM, Java
- Designed and implemented business processes using Savvion BPM software.
- Implemented an Apache Axis-based SOAP connector to Siebel.
- Created a Siebel emulator—a stand-alone Java web service—for Vitria/Siebel/BPM integration testing.
C++ and Java Developer1996 - 2004Freelance
Technologies: WebLogic, Jetty, Apache Tomcat, Java, C++
- Implemented data-crunching algorithms for a CORBA-based distributed cluster on DEC Alpha machines.
- Developed the security, groups, and ACL functions for the Panmedix sport examination system.
- Implemented an IBM Lotus Notes plugin for an enterprise application of F-Secure Antivirus software.