Software Engineer2018 - PRESENTFreelance
- Operated within teams and independently to build web, mobile, and desktop applications.
- Designed a lossless encoding and compression technique for specialized data with error detection in C and Swift.
- Created a simple interpreted language and virtual state machine using C++ for running small-scale repeatable tasks.
- Analyzed and improved mission-critical features to Ruby on Rails/Node.js based applications.
- Built mobile applications using both Apple's Storyboarding and SwiftUI.
- Composed functional pipelines for processing and interpreting data from external APIs for serverless web applications.
- Developed the implementation of low-latency and efficient Node.js server-side applications.
- Created a JSON based API with persistent storage using WebSockets and MongoDB.
Computer Science and Engineering Faculty2018 - 2019University of South Florida
- Collaborated with the computer science and engineering department to modernize courses materials with current industry trends and perform assessment collections for the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology’s review of university accreditation.
- Used personal real-world experience mixed with abstract principles and concepts to design curriculum material that students could use to develop a professional portfolio.
- Successfully proposed the software engineering course to the university to be a high impact practice course under the enhanced general education standards.
- Taught program design, data structures, software engineering, and advanced computer science electives.
Doctoral Candidate2014 - 2018University of South Florida
- Produced algorithms for accurately and directly slicing freeform 3D models that outperformed the industry standard tessellated slicing method utilized by 3D printing.
- Introduced an improved and novel approach for slicing NURBS (non-uniform rational basis-spline) surfaces used by CAD systems that solved errors and failures caused by other algorithms while still avoiding the surface-to-surface intersection problem.
- Designed point clouds structures and discrete grid structures to decrease computation time and memory usage when working with complex geometries and large data sets.
- Presented algorithms and finding at the International CAD Conference multiple times.
- Published multiple papers on topics related to additive manufacturing, point clouds, the challenges of tessellated and parametric slicing, and geometric algorithms.
- Analyzed and compiled the current literature surrounding additive manufacturing, NURBS, point clouds, and geometric algorithms while investigating the challenges related to the domains of computer science and engineering.
Software Engineer2008 - 2016Greater Washington Publishing, LLC
- Engineered a dynamic phone number creation and retention system using Twilio for call tracking and data modeling to create an improved and trackable call lead for the sales team to provide their clients.
- Increased speed of search and sort procedures in Postgres data implementation by completely reinterpreting and rewriting algorithms for access to significantly decrease overall user wait times and response times.
- Implemented dynamic and automated administration system for managing and updating content with little user interaction decreasing time spent on administration tasks.
- Improved search algorithm functionality for an already existing databases' third-party system optimizing search times for all queries.
- Analyzed business specifications provided by companies and individuals to produce systems that could efficiently and accurate parse client generate data and content.
- Created a dynamic attribute system for the creation of schema-less data in a relational database to allow meta-programming to persist in the datastore for future production and maintenance.
- Redesigned the SQL database in a NoSQL document-oriented architecture to better meet the needs of existing data and accelerate the reading and writing operations for both current and future content.
- Wrote complex search functionality for Ruby on Rails applications using a custom MongoDB-based modeling system for more efficient and accurate lookup operations.
- Optimized and normalized existing SQL database queries and schemas for to minimize the need for database structure redesign in future releases.
- Refactored previous project code for compatibility with new systems from an outdated build of Python framework to the most current Ruby on Rails.
Research Assistant2012 - 2013University of South Florida
Technologies: Machine Learning, Weka, Java
- Developed feature selecting algorithms for choosing the most valuable attributes in a data set when identifying the survivability of squamous cell lung cancer patients.
- Engineered feature selection algorithms that performed with 80-90% accuracy on data outside of the training set, resulting in accurate prognosis categorization.
- Utilized Weka to perform complex analysis of large data sets and accurately classify new data producing more precise results for training future models.
- Worked with a group of professors, medical doctors, and graduate students to build solutions for automating the generation of cancer patients' prognosis.
- Collaborated with oncologists at the Moffitt Cancer Center to review the current literature on cancer identification and better identify interdisciplinary approaches.